MacSlaves

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
LOFA

Post by LOFA » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:30 pm

I know that everyone is doing this, but I think it is especially important that people see these pictures. Not only Bcuase they need to understand that Apple is just another corporation (becuase they really have a sort of "cult of personality" going on, and it only makes consumers dumber than they already are,) but also because these do try to keep my conditions are horrible.

Not to get "too" political, but there is a direct correlation between China's emerging status as "the" potential global superpower, and the horrible condition with which their people live under. I pee my pants everytime I think about China as the superpower, and everytime I buy a new piece of electronic equipment. Though I grew up just outside of China town in NYC, and had mostly asian friends throughout grade school, I also listened to the horror stories that they and their family shared about the conditions that they had escaped.

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:41 am

China is successfully taking all the worst bits of communism and fusing them with the worst bits of capitalism. Combined with a population of over one billion (and a standing army larger than the population of my country), this makes for a very efficient, effective, and scary future.

William Gibson is a-coming.
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:49 pm

noisetonepause wrote:China is successfully taking all the worst bits of communism and fusing them with the worst bits of capitalism. Combined with a population of over one billion (and a standing army larger than the population of my country), this makes for a very efficient, effective, and scary future.

William Gibson is a-coming.

Very true.

The Chinese government uses the people for labor, under a communist system.... while the government benefits from competing with the capitalistic economies across the globe.
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)
Korg Zero 8 mixer/soundcard/MIDI

Digi V

Post by Digi V » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:09 pm

there is no excuse for this, apple should fix it and they will.

imagine owning a company the size of apple. its not always possible to control everything. they have an agreement clause, i'm sure the Chinese company in charge of this situation will get hell for it, but hey, it does happen.

remember the scandal about the environment issue with the ipods? and how apple wasn't recycling them properly? now look, they even won a fucking award for the job they have done!! they offer to RECYCLE YOUR COMPUTER FOR FREE! bring it, bring it all in, they'll take it and do it for you.

this matter is about apple being aware of things they prob were not aware of.

simple as that.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:53 pm

Digi V wrote:there is no excuse for this, apple should fix it and they will.

imagine owning a company the size of apple. its not always possible to control everything.
You mean you don't think that apple execs have inspected the plant? I'm sorry, but that seems a bit naïve...
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

Digi V

Post by Digi V » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:00 pm

Machinate wrote:

imagine owning a company the size of apple. its not always possible to control everything.
You mean you don't think that apple execs have inspected the plant? I'm sorry, but that seems a bit naïve...
maybe at the very beginning, sure.

i also would imagine that they would want to be within international regulations and such. who wants bad rep? no one. The manufacturer isn't owned by Apple. If Apple tells them to follow international law, and the company signs, apple aspects them to function by those laws.

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:46 pm

I highly doubt Apple are any better or any worse than other companies here. I know of one make of laptop assembled in Europe (Zepto - made round here, actually), but all the other stuff comes from the same plants, I'm quite sure.
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:21 am

Almost all laptops made in the world come from one of about four factories in Taiwan.

Clevo is the top producer.
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)
Korg Zero 8 mixer/soundcard/MIDI

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:41 am

Machinate wrote:

Yeah, um, all those people who occaisionally say things like: the world isn't fair, or communism can be dangerous, or capitalism can be dangerous, or sweat shops are bad , or out-sourced manufacturing often takes place in sweat-shops or sweat-shop-like conditions are not just running their mouths. This all a lot harder to debate than global warming (which imo is pretty darn obvious!)

I will admit though, I am surpised that the conditions were as bad as they are. Since apple cares so much about their clan like image (in reference to the way they act in their store: "Hello sir- please go to the genius bar... Elder Brown is looking so foward to meeting you..." (I get California uber alles in my head each and every time!) - I thought that they would at least maintain somewhat more of a superficial appearance that things going "different"ly for their slave-workers.

Maybe now they'll be treated a little better. I would pay extra if I knew my computer was made by educated, free workers. The world as we know it may not last long enough for me to have any glory other than that of integrity.

hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:09 am

oh my god you guys apple is evil they employ 5 year olds to carry pounds and pounds of cement to fill their computers with evil and the money lined from steve jobs' deep, deep holy apple pockets!

omg what will we do lordy somebody help me all i can do is give all my money to apple! my friends want to kill me because i have no time for them because i am working all the time to send all my paychecks to steve jobs and his empire of pain, hate, and discrimination!

apple is evil windows 4 lyf

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:13 am

what's the figure for how many barrels of oil it takes to manufacture a laptop??????

Tango

Post by Tango » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:42 am

hi all,

Chinese government did not force anyone to work except those in prison.

People or Children work for very fee money and very bad working conditions because they have no choice!!! all jobs available for primary skilled works are offering very low salary, it's all factory owners decision to offer very low salary. if the worker don't accept this low salary jobs, they cannot feed themsalves.

so if you have to blam, I can put it in this order.
1. the government did not provide the minimum financial security to the people. every People in china have to work hard for every dollar they put into basic needs of life.
2. there are too many people, with no equal amount of job, so according the demand and supply thing, the factory are abusing the situation to put the salary very low. The factory no need to worry, no matter how low the sallery, there always will be people willing to do it, just so they can have 3 meals a day.

sorry for my bad english, hope you understand what I talk about.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:24 am

Digi V

Post by Digi V » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:16 pm

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1826

apple is already doing an internal audit on the company.

according to foxconn, the company accused, they have followed the guidelines to the fullest.

studio615

Post by studio615 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:31 pm

the_planet wrote:oh my god you guys apple is evil they employ 5 year olds to carry pounds and pounds of cement to fill their computers with evil and the money lined from steve jobs' deep, deep holy apple pockets!

omg what will we do lordy somebody help me all i can do is give all my money to apple! my friends want to kill me because i have no time for them because i am working all the time to send all my paychecks to steve jobs and his empire of pain, hate, and discrimination!

apple is evil windows 4 lyf
This has to be the absolute dumbest post I ever read. OMG