MacSlaves

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:39 am

Johnisfaster wrote:I was complaining about other americans and their complaining.

boo hoo to you cause you have to pay more right?
Yeah. Less is more. The less you have, the more you can do.
I'm already a victim of "things you own, end up owning you" :wink:

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:41 am

ok well I'm totally drunk and I'm going to pass out, the only reason I anounce this is cause I'm expecting this conversation to get a bit ugly soon and I want the next mad finger pointing person to know I'm sleeping not hiding :)
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:51 am

HA!

Now, let's not get ugly........(eyeknow, you're back to yourself.....)

I'm not drunk, but I've definatly got my drink on!

Voicing is cool.......it would be nice to think that it really helps, but alas, it only helps a little :(

anyways, I wish we didn't have people slaving to make shit that we want, I wish we wern't so crooked, I wish people (myself included...or even at the top of the list) could truely learn from mistakes.

Frankly, I think all the clues are there..........

deva

Post by deva » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:32 am

Johnisfaster wrote:I was talking about this the other day with someone actually, and I'm sure it depends on the area we discuss but....::::: big business taking factory jobs out of a america to use poor people in other countries cause they are cheaper....... what else is this poor factory worker going to be doing to feed them and their family if the factory job wasn't paying them to build stuff?

I'm not trying to be a dick here I honostly want to know, are sweatshops and underpaid factory jobs the only option for people in these countries? cause if so then it seems that they are lucky to have it, I mean.... if I had no way of getting any job anywhere accept in a sweatshop I would be thankful I at least had that.
You would not be happy if the reason you could only get sweatshop jobs is because big industry had the power to make only 'sweatshop' jobs available while they pocketed the profits from forcing you into cheap labor.

It is important to have a broader picture and some historical background. For example, what is a poor person? What is the measure and standard?

If people in another country live on the land and feed themselves, we consider them poor, yet they may be self-sufficient and quite comfortable. If you do not consider where they are coming from and the historical background, it is not hard to say, oh they should be grateful for a job at all.

The multi-national corporation is in the business of controlling the worlds resources. Bechtel obtained water rights in Bolivia from a corrupt government. People were not even allowed to collect rain water for drinking anymore. Fortunately the people of Bolivia are fighting back against such domination.

When the power dynamic is so skewed that some corporation owns your water, your air, your land and your right to exist, it is no longer a job, it is enforced slavery.

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:38 pm

As for those conditions - that's just how things work these days.
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

netchaiev

Post by netchaiev » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:01 pm

Well this China slaves thing started with Nike. Remember?
I think everything is made like that, from your jeans, sneakers, ipod, PC, and even furniture!(Tek wood factories in Indonasia)...
We need to know and be consciuos of this, . Apple is getting smaller companies that commissioned other smaller companies to get the job done...
Well how about your house, the architect gets a contractor who gets a smaller company (w/ [immigrant] to paint your bedroom.. ) how's that?!?!
So yeah, ditch Starfuck Coffee, dress American Apparel, BLACK DOT sneakers, eat organic from a coop, hybrid car and don't wash your cloth too often!!! please!!!!! :idea:
MBP 2011/i7/10.8/Live 8 Suite/M4L+Launchpad+TF+KorgNano.
http://soundcloud.com/netchaiev
http://www.vimeo.com/user408737

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:18 pm

if mac was all american made i would pride myself in owning one (if i did own one) because i know it would be creating jobs in the US and helping our so desperately shitty economy.

Blake.

Why do you think our economy is so shitty?

Did you know that we are at the lowest level of unemployment in more than 25 years? 4.6% now. That pretty much means that every person who truthfully wants a job, has one. Name a single other country in the world with stats like that. In just the last 3 years we have seen the fastest economic boom since the 1980s, too. The stock market has been creeping close to record highs. Taxes are lower, yet tax revenues are higher than ever. The budget deficit has also been shrinking dramatically, even with an expensive war going on. Home ownership is at all-time highs.... particularly for minorities.

Surely, there is always room for improvement.... but I fail to see how the USA economy is in "desperately shitty" condition at the moment.
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)
Korg Zero 8 mixer/soundcard/MIDI

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:26 pm

The unemployment rate in Denmark was 2-3% up through 90's I'm quite sure... and it's probably like that now, too, but I don't have the numbers.
Suit #1: I mean, have you got any insight as to why a bright boy like this would jeopardize the lives of millions?
Suit #2: No, sir, he says he does this sort of thing for fun.

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:29 pm

That is impressive. France and Germany have seen numbers as bad as 15% in recent years. I believe France is at about 10% now.

How many people live in Demark, however? It's one thing when you've got 2% unemployment, but only have a few million people total. 4.6% in a country the size of the USA is remarkable, any way you look at it.
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:34 pm

oh my...... yet another personal in the world that claims americas economy is bad.

explain why it's so bad. cause personally.... everyone I see is getting fat.

people are buying houses and getting jobs and drinking starbucks, thats not a bad economy.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:48 pm

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:12 pm

few!, na that's sad to hear ONLY slaves in china... what's wrong? they should be everywhere avialable in a capitalistic, business orientated world. china, that's to far to get me my own one. i guess i have to wait untill they spread all over the place and prices drop.

D K

Post by D K » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:26 pm

so the polls say jobs are available in america...big whoop. they don't pay shit,
and don't provide health care.
rent on an efficiency apartment is what a mortgage on a small house was
7 years ago. 2 bedroom houses that cost under 200k 5 years ago are 800k now.
the jobs won't pay the housing cost. both parents must work to afford shelter
and kids have no guidance because of it and the family unit is fucked.
average americans are slaves in their own way, just trying to come up with enough
to get by with no improvement over time. starbicks is a distraction, we do it to find some type of creature comfort and we're addicted. we have no time to contemplate our political system, much less act. corporate america owns our asses.
and we are only beginning to feel the ramifications of this unjust, fucked up war
making gov't.
and we're the lucky ones
8O

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:32 pm

Wow. DK you have it all figured out. :wink:

You should run for office. :idea:

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:32 pm

D K , please stop beating around the bush and tell us all how you really feel.

:)