ot.........FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My air conditioning is broke

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
thelike5

Post by thelike5 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:59 pm

bigbadotis wrote:
imo air conditioners, like the cars, are one of the cause of the Global Warming..
But unlike cars they are also one of the leading causes of live cats and elderly people.
:wink:

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:13 pm

Here some tips from India. Hang a thick mat to protect outside walls , doors and windows from direct sunlight, the best would be Khus- no idea what it is called in English I think Vetiver, kind of grass with refreshing, cooling smell, we sprinkle them with water to increase cooling and refreshing effect. Let cold fresh air come in during the night but after 10 or 11 till 4-5 pm keep whatever you can closed so that heat dont get inside. Sprinkle water every now and then outiside the entrance , terrace or balcony
there are rather hot summers in Germany recently and I am amazed how the people suffer not knowing these basic principles to protect their houses and themselves ( they are all mad drinking too little and only liquids with bubles)

ILTK

Post by ILTK » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:34 pm

zappen wrote:i think , if it's too hot to keep a cat there, just don't keep a cat...
the concept i dislike is that to generate some cold in your room, you generate a lot of heat outside your room, and at the end is sure that comparing the cold and the heat generated, the heat will always be more.
so you buy a air conditioneer thinking that it's function is to genarate cold, but after all it generates heat..
just my 2 cents
sorry for my crappy english
See, you don't just get rid of a pet, you have a responsibility to make sure it has a good life and doesn't suffer in the heat, indoor pets can't do anything about the heat so that's the owners job, if having an airconditioner on full tilt makes my pets confortable then I say to hell with how much heat it generates.

Cats are also very very good at hiding when they are suffering, which is why you should get quarterly checkups to the vet no matter what.

If a cat is visibly showing distress it's useually a bad sign that should be acted upon asap.

drez

Post by drez » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:34 pm

The AC went out in my house and I just sat in the heat and wrote this in Reason:

NoAC

I never finished it. I guess I lost the creative drive after it got fixed. Plus...I couldn't add any more because I ran out of CPU :lol:
http://www.twitter.com/dreznicek
http://www.soundcloud.com/dreznicek
MacBook Pro Retina Laptop, 2.7Ghz i7, 16Gig RAM, 500G SSD, Live 9, Push, Novation SL25 Mk2, iPad (TouchOSC, Lemur, Touch-Able), Reason

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:18 pm

The tech is on his way.......it's about 81 in the house right now.......I have ceiling and house fans so it's not anything unbearable yet.

I wrote this post at around 11ish at night, and I am sooooo lucky that there is a wildlife preserve across the street........long story short, it cooled down alot last night......I got the interior down to about 70 before I had to start closing things up.

If I can't get the ac fixed, I'll get a place set up for maple....hotel or what ever :wink:

cosmosuave

Post by cosmosuave » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:21 pm

Here is a solution....

This ....

and then install on one of these things...

Voila!!!!.. Little Toonces will be able to cool himself and eat at the same time...
MD SPS-1 DARKENERGY JX-3P (PG200) Mbase01
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
http://www.cosmosuave.com/

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:23 pm

Well, as usual, murphy's put his amazing law into effect.....

It works! So there is no way to tell what was causing it......which means at 10/11 at night, it'll start acting up again :lol: :roll:

So, for now.........things are.............cool...............

Able Danger

Post by Able Danger » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:42 pm

eyeknow wrote:Well, as usual, murphy's put his amazing law into effect.....

It works! So there is no way to tell what was causing it......which means at 10/11 at night, it'll start acting up again :lol: :roll:

So, for now.........things are.............cool...............
this my friend is why i have two air conditioners.

one for the overall building and one for my music room that way if the overall building fails, i can retreat to the music room and take shelter from the elements under a sea of basslines.

j0shu@

Post by j0shu@ » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:21 am

my heater /air went out the day my wife was due

this was in early january, needless to say i had to replace it

so i took out an 'emergency loan'

oh the pain of payments....

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:04 am

It's 106 outside right now, and about 76 inside :) :) :) :)

Maple is happy :)

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:05 am

So I've got an emergency number in case it starts doing it's thing......but the dude checked it out and it seems to be in great shape..........I got no clue :(

All that damn drama for nothing........ :lol:

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:39 am

eyeknow wrote:Maple is happy :)
Pics?

MrYellow

Post by MrYellow » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:32 am

Feral cats live fine in the semi-arid parts of Australia..... With shade temps
well above what you're talking bout, and unsheltered temps well into the
50's.

Only 40deg? pussy :-P

-Ben

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:29 am

DeadlyKungFu wrote:
eyeknow wrote:Maple is happy :)
Pics?
I have no way to post them :(

too bad too........she IS the pretty kitty :wink:

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:35 am

MrYellow wrote:Feral cats live fine in the semi-arid parts of Australia..... With shade temps
well above what you're talking bout, and unsheltered temps well into the
50's.

Only 40deg? pussy :-P

-Ben
um, were you aware of the pun?

maple is not a feril cat, she's the queen of "what I want, when I want"

I was honestly worried for awhile. The first two or three places I called for repair were saying like monday or tuesday........and the forcast is anywhere from 105 to now, 113......over a period of time this could really be a problem.