sasha on apple

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jeskola

sasha on apple

Post by jeskola » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:34 pm

jahnlay

Post by jahnlay » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:33 pm

Ha ha, how long did it take apple to catch up on this!
"It's better to burn out than to fade away!"

Hatchets McGee

Post by Hatchets McGee » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:45 pm

check out the sexy iMac to the right, someone's got their head screwed on :P

Digi V

Post by Digi V » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:38 am

jahnlay wrote:Ha ha, how long did it take apple to catch up on this!
you mean how long did it take sasha to catch on? 2004? damn

D@VE!

Post by D@VE! » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:14 am

Nice :) thanx for the link !

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:57 pm

a screen shot of his last set. not entirly sure whats going on there!

nuperspective
Location: was: accrington [england]. now: melbourne [australia]

Post by nuperspective » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:03 pm

i think he might have a lot mapped out in advance. that wouldnt surprise me - he talks about it in the article.

its hard to say as i change my way of working every month and im still changing things - thats after nearly two years.

it does look like a lot to keep track of.

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:05 pm

Thats from that set that was recorded and burnt to hundreds of CDs to sell before the end of the night... so i would imagine theres no room for error

http://www.djsasha.com/instantlive

nuperspective

Post by nuperspective » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:11 pm

ahh.

its basically a studio set pre done. with follow actions he could have hit play and had a tab.

jeskola

Post by jeskola » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:13 pm

wouldnt suprie me - note that no tracks are playing and this was taken before he played... so it is all set out, the press release said due to licensing issues he would have collection of tracks already cleared so they could sell the CD , so i guess your right - a pre prepared set, be interesting to hear it. as i say there was no room for error if they were getting pressed straight away, so you never know...

DJSLEEPLESS

Post by DJSLEEPLESS » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:49 am

actually ableton went down that night apparently, just near the beginning of his second set apparently and he had to go over to cd's. I have saw him do the ableton thing in fabric, he had lots set out but certainly didn't cheat, would anyone on this forum want to go to a gig and press play and act, i don't think so we all like playing and mucking about with this program and sasha is no different. He has that control to give him just what he wants and may not be doing the most mind bending stuff in the world but is doing what he does best and what has put him where he is today.

jealousy is a sad thing

MrYellow

Post by MrYellow » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:25 am

Sasha really should do something cool.

Like he knows his theory..... that album of his originals is "ok".... u can
see his knowledge come into the appregiator programs and stuff..... but
it's pretty boring.

It'd be nice to see him actually do something good.

-Ben

D DAS

Post by D DAS » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:40 am

don't like most of the tunes that he plays but god damn i want one of those mavens already. wtf. why aren't those available?

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:47 am

he certainly knows what he is doing and he is exellent in PR.
which is in our days unfortenuately far more important then anything else, but musically he is lightyears away from "my cup of tea"

personally i am not a fan of all those Paul Von Dykes, Sasha's, Digweeds... and don't think they doing or have done anything interesting. to me it's pure electronic cheesy pop they are doing. really. but that's why they reach the masses i guess.

nuperspective

Post by nuperspective » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:48 am

DJSLEEPLESS wrote:actually ableton went down that night apparently, just near the beginning of his second set apparently and he had to go over to cd's. I have saw him do the ableton thing in fabric, he had lots set out but certainly didn't cheat, would anyone on this forum want to go to a gig and press play and act, i don't think so we all like playing and mucking about with this program and sasha is no different. He has that control to give him just what he wants and may not be doing the most mind bending stuff in the world but is doing what he does best and what has put him where he is today.

jealousy is a sad thing
no ones saying hes a cheat. far from it. hes got nothing to prove in my book.

he stated that hes having to do more pre set editing and apply more fore thought. nothing wrong with that.

like we said if your doing something for release you want it to be right. so he will have practiced the set running order. plus the fact the tracks would need to be cleared up front - so he might have a bank of 30 or so pre cleared tracks to choose from for the set.

everyone [including me] who uses ableton for djing works out tricks and edits [of some kind] in advance. its no big deal. end of the day hes learning what this software can do, same as the rest of us.

and come on lets face it. he doesnt need to read the floor he can play what he wants. he could drop the 'birdy song' at 1.00am and someone would call him a genius.