rewire host/slave osx

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
mimesis

rewire host/slave osx

Post by mimesis » Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:00 pm

1. Can I use Live 2.1 and reason as a rewire master? instead of slave? the docs say if a rewire host app (like DP4) is detected, (even if DP is not actively running) when launching reason it will default to slave mode, but what if i do not wish to use DP4? Is this the only advantage of rewire slave mode? to be able to control live and reason thru DP or Logic? My initial understanding was that I could now control live thru reason and use the clips recorded in live in the NNXT and NN19 samplers... as it is now- I cannot hear reason anymore..... nor record reason in live... please help explain-

mimesis

i think i got it all worked out

Post by mimesis » Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:33 pm

live still shows as ins and outs in DP4 but cant get any audio from it yet. i am able to get reason to show in live now and works faster and quicker... except it doesnt like (crashes when i jump from 44.1 to 48.....)

i am remixing a graig markel song- he gave me a file in DP4 and i am pulling it into live... any suggestions on how to jump back and forth from live to DP4 gracefully ? (have little exp. w DP