ableton's unfair copy protection system

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
anti-banausic

Post by anti-banausic » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:08 pm

Don't feed the troll.

And the head smashing into wall emoticon is on KVR. :wink:

:bang:
Macbook c2d 2.0, 2G RAM, 160G HD 5400 RPM, OSX(10.5.5), XP Home, LIVE6, BCR 2000, UC33e, Yamaha P-200, Logic Studio, KRK V6 II

anti-banausic

Post by anti-banausic » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:09 pm

:bang:
Macbook c2d 2.0, 2G RAM, 160G HD 5400 RPM, OSX(10.5.5), XP Home, LIVE6, BCR 2000, UC33e, Yamaha P-200, Logic Studio, KRK V6 II

pieter

Post by pieter » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:53 pm

my favourite part in this thread is the post where the guy says he doesn't want to reply ableton about his computer habits because of privacy, and then he tells everything on an online forum, read by 14376 members.

what's your favourite part?

Hatchets McGee

Post by Hatchets McGee » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:05 am

darthstephen wrote: Hello Stephen,

you already used 10 unlocks in approx. half a year, can you explain this?

Dom Wilms
ableton ag

i paid $500 for this software. i do not want to be interigated to use it.
roflmao x3 !!!

it could only be funnier if he actually said that to Dom

kb420

Post by kb420 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:19 am

This had to be a fake thread. Seriously. I read the whole thing and I just can't believe it's real. I know I am a loser, because I am in the house on a Friday night reading this ridiculous thread, and couldn't stop reading it if I tried.

If I were you, I would just get rid of Live. If you want to reinstall Windows 10 times in 8 months and Live is giving you problems, then dump it.

I can't understand why you would ever want to do anything that would jeopardize you system that often, like beta testing and whatnot.

I can't understand why you would ever want to reinstall Windows that often.

I can't understand why you would ever want to take this much abuse in a forum.

But what do I know? To each his own. Do yourself a favor, get rid of Live.

For what it's worth, I don't think it's right for people to call you stupid, but I truly believe that you are compulsive.

"Compulsions are defined by:

repetitive behaviors or mental acts that the person feels driven to perform in response to an obsession, or according to rules that must be applied rigidly.
the behaviors or mental acts are aimed at preventing or reducing distress or preventing some dreaded event or situation; however, these behaviors or mental acts either are not connected in a realistic way with what they are designed to neutralize or prevent or are clearly excessive."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive- ... e_disorder

Lighten up, and have a good one.

Peace!
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

fraq

Post by fraq » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:43 am

Angstrom wrote:dear aletbon

I regularly set fire to my eyes as part of my working practice

after doing this with INDUSTRY STANDARD lighter fluid I find I can no longer see your program. WHAT are you going to DO ABOUT THIS !!!

I find any insinuation that I should change MY CHOSEN PRACTICE of setting fire to my eyes, well, it's un constitutional, wrong and bad.
It is my choice to set fire to my eyes and I have paid money for your program and now you make me unable to see it by your insistance on not making the interface work too good for people with charcoal for eyes.

which is my choice , so fix it

NOW
:lol:

But I suspect the thread starter is actually KS

darthstephen

Post by darthstephen » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:30 am

pieter wrote:my favourite part in this thread is the post where the guy says he doesn't want to reply ableton about his computer habits because of privacy, and then he tells everything on an online forum, read by 14376 members.

what's your favourite part?
my favorite part of this thread is getting verbally abused by a bunch of people who don't know me, but presume to.

Hatchets McGee

Post by Hatchets McGee » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:33 am

we only know what you tell us, and you've clearly established yourself as a thick loon.

darthstephen

Post by darthstephen » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:35 am

Hatchets McGee wrote:we only know what you tell us, and you've clearly established yourself as a thick loon.
yeah...and myspace owns my tunes, dick.

Hatchets McGee

Post by Hatchets McGee » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:43 am

darthstephen wrote:
Hatchets McGee wrote:we only know what you tell us, and you've clearly established yourself as a thick loon.
from myspace terms & conditions

By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the MySpace Services, you hereby grant to MySpace.com a limited license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content solely on and through the MySpace Services.

darthstephen

Post by darthstephen » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:49 am

Hatchets McGee wrote:
darthstephen wrote:
from myspace terms & conditions

By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the MySpace Services, you hereby grant to MySpace.com a limited license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content solely on and through the MySpace Services.
see myspace thread for reality. or believe retards point of view and stop sharing your music with your friends and possible friends.

Hatchets McGee

Post by Hatchets McGee » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:51 am

ap·par·ent P Pronunciation Key (-prnt, -pâr-)
adj.

Appearing as such but not necessarily so; seeming: an apparent advantage.

you read what you want to read, you ignore what you want to ignore

smutek

Post by smutek » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:53 am

Stephen, did they give you your unlock key?

darthstephen

Post by darthstephen » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:54 am

Hatchets McGee wrote:ap·par·ent P Pronunciation Key (-prnt, -pâr-)
adj.

Appearing as such but not necessarily so; seeming: an apparent advantage.

you read what you want to read, you ignore what you want to ignore
oh...i guess i'm not so stupid. i can copy & paste too...

oh my goodness, i made a spelling error...but still seem to communicate. what's the matter? you don't like being called names? you don't know how sorry i am after having listened to your shit for the last day and a half...

Hatchets McGee

Post by Hatchets McGee » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:58 am

what are you talking about, spelling error ?

you took a glib statement as fact, despite a word such as 'apparently' thrown in to make it painfully clear that what was being said was not necessarily 100% fact.

spelling error ?...., I had to virtually beat the word into your head and now you missed it due to a spelling error ?....priceless.

the funny thing is, you begged for some kind of idiot-proof warning from Ableton about the authorisation process, the sad fact is you probably wouldnt be able to read it anyways, you'd still be here bitching.