myspace is a crock of shit because...

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Hatchets McGee
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:23 pm

myspace is a crock of shit because...

Post by Hatchets McGee » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:30 am

some random asshole with 16579 friends wants to add me to his list...
oh and guess what, all the comments on his profile say 'thanx 4 da add!!!'

I wish I was joking, its also worth noting his profile has 30369 views. Do the maths, for every mong who accepted his friend request, he got 1.83 views. The first thing I usually do when I get a friend request is check out the profile, so thats 1 down. leaving 0.83 views per person after the initial 'who is this' view.

whats up with this mindless, automated BS ?
Image

AdamJay
Posts: 4757
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:17 pm
Location: Indianapolis, USA

Post by AdamJay » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:59 am

i thought it was a crock of shit because of Rupert Murdock's dirty talons all over it...

but yea, thats a crock of shit too.

darthstephen
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:17 pm

Post by darthstephen » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:02 am

don't feed the troll.

theologiae
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:12 pm
Location: kansas city
Contact:

Post by theologiae » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:28 am

trolls are people too.
circle 6 music foundhere

Hatchets McGee
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:23 pm

Post by Hatchets McGee » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:32 am

AdamJay wrote:i thought it was a crock of shit because of Rupert Murdock's dirty talons all over it...

but yea, thats a crock of shit too.
ya,..theres lots of reasons myspace is rubbish. Apparently they own the copyright to any tunes you host, even if you delete them.

anything rupert is involved with is most definatly evil, if it was once good, it is bad once his name is associated.
Image

darthstephen
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:17 pm

Post by darthstephen » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:32 am

theologiae wrote:trolls are people too.
obviously you haven't visited the copy protection thread.

darthstephen
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:17 pm

Post by darthstephen » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:34 am

Hatchets McGee wrote:
AdamJay wrote:
ya,..theres lots of reasons myspace is rubbish. Apparently they own the copyright to any tunes you host, even if you delete them.
you've said alot of stupid shit today...but that's really the stupidest. care to reference that fact???

Hatchets McGee
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:23 pm

Post by Hatchets McGee » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:36 am

did you notice my use of the word 'apparently' ... there was a thread posted about this not so long ago, do the research yourself
Image

darthstephen
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:17 pm

Post by darthstephen » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:39 am

Hatchets McGee wrote:did you notice my use of the word 'apparently' ... there was a thread posted about this not so long ago, do the research yourself
even though you and your thugs have said it repeatedly today, i'm not so stupid to give the idea merit. i fuckin dare myspace to take my tunes.

at the very least, back up what you say....like i did.

Hatchets McGee
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:23 pm

Post by Hatchets McGee » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:41 am

et voila:

'By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the MySpace Services, you hereby grant to MySpace.com a limited license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content solely on and through the MySpace Services.'

apparently
Image

darthstephen
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:17 pm

Post by darthstephen » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:44 am

Hatchets McGee wrote:et voila:

'By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the MySpace Services, you hereby grant to MySpace.com a limited license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content solely on and through the MySpace Services.'

apparently
i hate to brake the news to you, stupid. but that's legal talk for "they don't own shit."

Hatchets McGee
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:23 pm

Post by Hatchets McGee » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:46 am

lol...I wish I could take your word on that
Image

darthstephen
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:17 pm

Post by darthstephen » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:47 am

this means pretty much that they can use myspace ALONE to redistribute or relink your music as they see fit for whatever small bullshit they choose. as if they'd pick your music. it's a little misleading to say they own your music.

Hatchets McGee
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:23 pm

Post by Hatchets McGee » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:49 am

ap·par·ent P Pronunciation Key (-prnt, -pâr-)
adj.

Appearing as such but not necessarily so; seeming: an apparent advantage.


i dont mince my words, you autistic fuck.
Image

darthstephen
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:17 pm

Post by darthstephen » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:52 am

Hatchets McGee wrote:ap·par·ent P Pronunciation Key (-prnt, -pâr-)
adj.

Appearing as such but not necessarily so; seeming: an apparent advantage.


i dont mince my words, you autistic fuck.
oh my goodness, i made a spelling error...but still seem to communicate. what's the matter? you don't like being called names? you don't know how sorry i am after having listened to your shit for the last day and a half...

Post Reply