universal binary b3 plugin?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
snowtires

universal binary b3 plugin?

Post by snowtires » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:56 pm

are there any? i just got a macbook pro and i'm going crazy because i can actually run live and reason at the same time and it doesn't miss a beat, so i'm going to see if i can slim down my gear if at all possible. i have a korg cx3 and a rhodes, but they are heavy and huge and if i could figure out some way to use a midi controller and have soft synths for both, i would do it in a heart beat. yeah it might not sound EXACTLY the same, but in the type of places my band plays, you won't really be able to tell the difference, especially with drums and guitars over top. any suggestions for a plugin?

zion15

Post by zion15 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:08 pm

providing you aren't actually going to SELL your rhodes away for an emulation (or if you do, you sell it for me cheap, heheh)... google for all these, i'm really too tired and depressed to do that myself now.

the software / sample emu that sounds closest to original rhodes that i've heard so far is scarbee rsvp73, which is a huge (afair a gigabyte or two) commercial sample library. the timbre is ace and there's enough detail to fool lots of people. there was a pretty hot plugin that sounded good also, mr ray 73 or something like that, but that was only for windows and i haven't toyed with it as much as to know whether it's as good. i'm not particularily fond of aa lounge lizard (which has gotten better and better though) nor the logic's evp88, they sound somewhat plastic to me. if you want something for free, learjeff's jrhodes3 soundfont is pretty damn good and light too - could very well be mistaken for a real thing in a noisy band environment.

i'm no expert on b3 emulations, but i know there's at least ni b4 (which i like, it isn't UB yet though), logic's evb3 (which is pretty good but only usable with logic) and yellow tools had some plugin whose name escapes my mind right now. i'm sure others have plenty of suggestions here.

hope this helps.
| http://www.lumeet.net/ | neverstoplovingmusic |

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:57 pm

hm... I've got an old powerbook g4 and I can run reason and ableton at the same time too friend.. exciting though I know
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:29 pm

I believe the answer is NO, unless you have logic pro.

b4II is a great plug in, but native instruments may never port that.......they haven't even done one yet.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:22 am

eyeknow wrote:b4II is a great plug in, but native instruments may never port that.......they haven't even done one yet.
They will, just maybe not until December......

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.p ... ntelmac_us

snowtires

Post by snowtires » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:32 pm

yeahhhhhhh i fooled around with some stuff and i can't do it. rhodes plugins and refills just don't come close. so, instead of getting rid of the rhodes and cx3, i'm getting rid of my micron and using the cx3 to trigger synths in reason. sigh. it's so much stuff to carry around, but it's totally worth it.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:00 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
eyeknow wrote:b4II is a great plug in, but native instruments may never port that.......they haven't even done one yet.
They will, just maybe not until December......

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.p ... ntelmac_us
Until they move it back again :lol: