Thanks Machinate

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:46 pm

anyone know of a game controller that is mostly just arcade style buttons? I'm not even interested in a joystick if I could find a box with arcade buttons only that would be awesome (though I'm not sure why anyone would have made one of those for a game...)
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

underhill

Post by underhill » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:06 pm

hambone1 wrote:
It's just a cheapy plastic dance mat, but if I decide to do more, I'm going to pick up one of the arcade-style metal ones: http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?catego ... s_id=8082&

Have fun... and good luck with the solids!
Thanks for that! I have been using the cheap ones and setting them up to trigger samples. Using it to allow dancers to interact with the music. Also, it is great for audience participation and as a teaching tool when I make music with my 5 year old. The metal looks like the way to go. I am also thinking of using adhesive to mount the cheap ones on a board.

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:17 pm

I thought about mounting my plastic one on a board, too. It's getting beaten up.

The metal ones look sweet, and aren't that expensive. I don't think a wireless one is available, but that's no biggie. It DOES weight 20kg (44 pounds), though!

underhill

Post by underhill » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:21 pm

hambone1 wrote:It DOES weight 20kg (44 pounds), though!
Great, my back hurts already.