some features that should take 10 sec to code:

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
DustCookie

this could fix my editing woes!

Post by DustCookie » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:21 pm

ok so say I record a band live...in live (which I like to do in Live 5)

I want to make it tight like a tiger.

So I put my warp markers on my left drum overhead mic, set it as master and all the other clips are changed to that clips WM settings yeah? Robert seemed to indicate that my left overhead track would remain unwarped...which I could get around by making a duplicate of it and turning off the original I guess...

What if I find that the vocal is fine and I don't like the sound when it's warped? Can I leave it out of the reach of the master, as well as guitar tracks?

I know the details of this (perhaps) perfect new feature aren't known at this time but ya know...food for thoughts
My Dad's Major

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:56 pm

stale bread wrote:slicing :?

true dat!

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:25 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:
stale bread wrote:slicing :?

true dat!

.lm.
and so it begins...

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:28 pm

actually, i have to go out to my friend's to work on a track now. so somebody else will have to pick up the slack.... should be able to fill the whole front page.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

jamester

Post by jamester » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:53 am

Well, no matter how you slice it (ahem), the omission of Track Folders in Live 6 is ludicrous and almost unforgivable, considering the implementation of Racks is based on the same concept of consolidation.

I can now put any combination of instruments and effects together under one roof, but yet I can't consolidate all of the Track Outs from those instruments into a Folder Track for that Rack? You gotta be kiddin' me!

I can easily amass 10+ Tracks from just a single Impulse. Double that for a doubled Impulse Rack, that's 20+ Tracks in your Arrange view right off the bat, just for your drums.

It's a case of releasing a new and improved version of something that never got released in the first place, afaic.

/rant off
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge