OT: Video: Bush gives Angela Merkel unwelcome massage!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
stew
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 6:46 pm
Location: Ulm, Germany

Post by stew » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:45 am

Bush is nice, as long as you allow me to shave it :)

D K
Posts: 1544
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:21 am

Post by D K » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:53 am

jackmazzotti wrote:I voted for Bush
and I would do so again
fool

hoffman2k
Posts: 14718
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by hoffman2k » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:12 am

Ross Perrot for president!!!! :lol:

You can't blame anybody for voting bush really...
The choice was between a member of skulls and bones and ..... a member of skulls and bones.
It's not like if kerry were in office, that things would be much better.
Just a different cast on fox news :wink:

The next president better be a good SNL character. Clinton and the latest bush kinda sucked. Dana Carvey's bush 1.0 rocked though :lol:

Stewart-Colbert '08!!!!

sqook
Posts: 2430
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:14 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by sqook » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:15 am

hoffman2k wrote:Ross Perrot for president!!!! :lol:

You can't blame anybody for voting bush really...
The choice was between a member of skulls and bones and ..... a member of skulls and bones.
It's not like if kerry were in office, that things would be much better.
Just a different cast on fox news :wink:

The next president better be a good SNL character. Clinton and the latest bush kinda sucked. Dana Carvey's bush 1.0 rocked though :lol:

Stewart-Colbert '08!!!!
Finally, the best take on american politics I've seen on the boards... and it's coming from a non-american! :)

SubFunk
Posts: 7853
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: A Big Toilet Called Berlin
Contact:

Post by SubFunk » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:17 am

Curious: Do Europeans think most Americans are like W.?

If so, we're all fucked.
NO, under intelligent people certainly not, but then again about 70% of the worlds population are complete dump heads, and G.W. did certainly not helped to paint a good picture of america for the majority of people abroad.

sadl! but true.

Poster
Posts: 8804
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:21 am
Location: Amsterdam

Post by Poster » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:48 am

kramerica wrote:Curious: Do Europeans think most Americans are like W.?

If so, we're all fucked.
I do not want to believe that, and I don't,
but a president is chosen by the majority of votes..
so to answer your question; yes, theoretically most Americans are..
at least they we're at the moment when he was elected..

just wondering; would he be president at this moment, if there we're elections right now?
In my country (Netherlands) our government would be sent home if there were elections at this moment..

eyeknow
Posts: 5822
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:16 am

Post by eyeknow » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:55 am

Christ, every president "sucks" when in office. Most of you are too damn young to remember what I've been through with presidents...........

btw, Jeb Bush is next..........so get used to another 4 years of BUSH....

Yep, I said 4.........why? Because 2012 is the end of something..........maybe the world. Actually, I believe it was WHEN time travel first came up in this solar system.......

sqook
Posts: 2430
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:14 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by sqook » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:58 am

Poster wrote:just wondering; would he be president at this moment, if there we're elections right now?
In my country (Netherlands) our government would be sent home if there were elections at this moment..
Well, we sent the last guy home for getting a blowjob on the job... I have a feeling that the same punishment wouldn't be given for this in Holland. ;)

Taiis
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:04 am
Location: Copenhagen,Denmark
Contact:

Post by Taiis » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:13 am

The real question is if we think a nations actions reflect on the people living therein, or it's the other way around.

I had a weird experience in the states when I studied there, I now live in denmark - I actually scored higher in tests that required lingual skills than my class mates.

My impression of america is that the intelligent people are clustered specific places, and the rest is a wasteland good for farming organs and corn.

/T
+++ ---- +++ ----- +++ ----- +++ ----- +++
33 Koncerts, no demo, no album
http://www.thespoofkats.com

Zerobae
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:17 am
Location: Vienna
Contact:

Post by Zerobae » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:14 am

Poster wrote: but a president is chosen by the majority of votes..
Not true for the US. People vote for electorals who then elect the president. The winner takes it all in these electoral votes, so every state turns out either democrat or republican (or green, haha), and the minority of votes in each state simply gets lost.
In ablsolute numbers, Kerry would have won last time; Gore would have in 2000 - if I'm not mistaken.

Not to comment on American issues here, btw.
However I simply can't understand how anybody would vote for Bush again from what we know today.

sqook
Posts: 2430
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:14 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by sqook » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:25 am

Zerobae wrote: In ablsolute numbers, Kerry would have won last time; Gore would have in 2000 - if I'm not mistaken.
You are (slightly) mistaken. Bush won both the popular and electoral vote in 2004 (source). In 2000, he won the electoral vote, but lost the popular vote.

eyeknow
Posts: 5822
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:16 am

Post by eyeknow » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:36 am

"carrie" beat himself. It was a lock until........

"I'm John Kerry, and I'm reporting for duty"......well, good luck to ya on that..... :roll:

Then, and this is more important.....his wife. Oh, I won't eat a hamburger without Heinz ketchup.......it's the best! But after Hillary, we (generally speaking) did not want another one of the "those" in the WH. Laura Bush, Barabara Bush (at least in public), Nancy Reagan........passive. Seen but not heard most of the time.

Hillary? and I've been waiting to use this pick...........

EDITgod damit! It didn't work!....and it was funny.....sorry

Anyways.......mrs heinz was the #1 reason "carrie" lost........

Zerobae
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:17 am
Location: Vienna
Contact:

Post by Zerobae » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:37 am

sqook wrote:
Zerobae wrote: In ablsolute numbers, Kerry would have won last time; Gore would have in 2000 - if I'm not mistaken.
You are (slightly) mistaken. Bush won both the popular and electoral vote in 2004 (source). In 2000, he won the electoral vote, but lost the popular vote.
True. Thanks for setting this straight.

subterFUSE
Posts: 1557
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: Winter Park, FL

Post by subterFUSE » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:05 pm

Well, we sent the last guy home for getting a blowjob on the job...

What?


Clinton served 2 terms, to completion. What are you talking about? :lol:
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)
Korg Zero 8 mixer/soundcard/MIDI

loachm
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:02 am
Contact:

Post by loachm » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:11 pm

kramerica wrote:Curious: Do Europeans think most Americans are like W.?

If so, we're all fucked.
...if people start ranting about Americans I usually point out that about 245 million people can't be like that at all. (But it's tragic that he was elected twice... :D )

Post Reply