[POLITICAL] - LEBANON

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
MrYellow

Post by MrYellow » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:23 pm

By the same token, don't you think that some of your views may scare some people just as much?
What? There is something wrong with thinking *everyone* should die?

-Ben

err_fatale

Post by err_fatale » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:24 pm

its a farce. just for show. britain and the usa back israel up and any justifiable excuse to get into it with iran is the goal of this "exercise"....remember that bush's first response a few days ago to israel was like "go ahead" israel has a right to defend "herself"....then after pressure him and blair put on the act to please the rest of the world and look like good guys, we all know what's going on behind the scenes....
Last edited by err_fatale on Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:25 pm

doesnt take much sence to figure out that war is stupid

us wants to watch this..as it may give an opertunity to roll into iran
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:26 pm

MrYellow wrote:
By the same token, don't you think that some of your views may scare some people just as much?
What? There is something wrong with thinking *everyone* should die?

-Ben

Forge edited his post.
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)
Korg Zero 8 mixer/soundcard/MIDI

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:26 pm

err_fatale wrote:its a farce. just for show. britain and the usa back israel up and any justifiable excuse to get into it with iran is the goal of this "exercise"....
yeah what he said
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

elektrovert

Post by elektrovert » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:27 pm

Mike, I think you've hit the nail on the head there.
I reckon that's the plan.

who levels a whole city over two hostage soldiers??
fcuking mental it is.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:29 pm

elektrovert wrote: who levels a whole city over two hostage soldiers??
fcuking mental it is.
when put into a real context, its a lot more clear isnt it...

aaah i wish bill hicks was around

forge

Post by forge » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:32 pm

Machinesworking wrote: ....I don't know what Israel could have done differently, or what the arab world could have done differently, but I do know that I don't take any sides here, there are far too many variables.
All I know is that all the people dying here, in a perfect world would come back as ghosts to haunt the politicians who started this bloodbath. I hope for misery for people who rely on war as an answer in every conflict. :evil:

you know just then hearing you say "I don't know what Israel could have done differently"

it seems obvious to me the whole state of israel should have been a state of the US.

If Harry S Truman or Roosevelt or whoever it was had've just given em, say montana none of this would ever have happened.

:D

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:32 pm

forge wrote:
I thought Hell's Kitchen in NYC was bad. Nothing compares to the state of being in Lebanon now.

the thing that worries me the most is that if the middle east does become the tinderbox for WW3 then I am going to be morally on the wrong side
well i'm sure you wouldn't be on the side of war at all, correct?
you'd be anti-war?

if that would be the case, don't worry you'd be in good company ;)
not just in the present, but also the past (Woody Guthrie, Pete Seeger in WWII, for instance)

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:33 pm

forge wrote:
Machinesworking wrote: ....I don't know what Israel could have done differently, or what the arab world could have done differently, but I do know that I don't take any sides here, there are far too many variables.
All I know is that all the people dying here, in a perfect world would come back as ghosts to haunt the politicians who started this bloodbath. I hope for misery for people who rely on war as an answer in every conflict. :evil:

you know just then hearing you say "I don't know what Israel could have done differently"

it seems obvious to me the whole state of israel should have been a state of the US.

If Harry S Truman or Roosevelt or whoever it was had've just given em, say montana none of this would ever have happened.

:D

oh but man, that would mean some effort would have to go into it... just dump the problem in someone else's lap. that's so much easier, silly pom.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:36 pm

Oh my...
Ableton | Elektron

Music

forge

Post by forge » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:38 pm

djadonis206 wrote:Oh my...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

shut up

Benshik

Post by Benshik » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:38 pm

what point are these guys tryin to make by posting these pictures?
No deaths look cute, on both sides. to instrumentalise pictures of dead people to do some hate propaganda certainly wont help peace. which is what we all want right?

Morally, the Hezbollah is backed by many in Lebanon. but it has no legal right to act on people's behalf. so people can support it, yes, but that doesnt mean they are ready to die for it... And now a lot of Lebanese are frustrated coz they feel they have to pay for Hezbollah's attacks.
On this Israel's reaction is just stupid. they are bombing a whole country to put pressure on the Libanese government to act againts the Hezbollah, but it just makes it stronger...

Whats hapenning in Israel/Lebanon these days is very sad for EVERYONE... everyone except the Hezbollah and some fundamentalist Jews who think war is gud
:(

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:41 pm

Benshik wrote:what point are these guys tryin to make by posting these pictures?
No deaths look cute, on both sides. to instrumentalise pictures of dead people to do some hate propaganda certainly wont help peace. which is what we all want right?

Morally, the Hezbollah is backed by many in Lebanon. but it has no legal right to act on people's behalf. so people can support it, yes, but that doesnt mean they are ready to die for it... And now a lot of Lebanese are frustrated coz they feel they have to pay for Hezbollah's attacks.
On this Israel's reaction is just stupid. they are bombing a whole country to put pressure on the Libanese government to act againts the Hezbollah, but it just makes it stronger...

Whats hapenning in Israel/Lebanon these days is very sad for EVERYONE... everyone except the Hezbollah and some fundamentalist Jews who think war is gud
:(

yeah they dont look good and i hate morbid stuff, but the only thing really coming across in our media is to get our people out of there and the number of attacks on israel.

i figured, well either people are putting their fingers in their ears or they simply dont know about what is happening there.

its all information.

pictures tell a thousand words, innocent people dying at UN camps is not a 'precision surgical whatever the heck you wanna call it strike to get back as out media portrays.

information is king, because with information people can think forthemselves.
Last edited by sweetjesus on Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:43 pm

Forge, that's not such a bad idea. Move Israel to the USA.

Give them some land... we have plenty of it. Their country is tiny, so we wouldn't have to give up much. Plus, their land is a freakin' desert... so give them Death Valley, or something. No one in the USA wants that place anyway, so nothing lost. It's hot as hell, so they should feel right at home.

Then they would be well protected, because they'd be in the USA.

:wink:
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)
Korg Zero 8 mixer/soundcard/MIDI