[POLITICAL] - LEBANON

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sweetjesus

[POLITICAL] - LEBANON

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:27 pm

***********!!!!PLEASE DONT FOLLOW THIS LINK IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH IN ANY WAY!!!!!!*****************

EXTREMELY DISTURBING

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lebanese_Victims.jpg

this is what's going on in lebanon and people are just standing around watching and simply getting their citizens out of there.

AND ANOTHER:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_al-Durrah

M. Bréqs

Re: [POLITICAL] - LEBANON

Post by M. Bréqs » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:36 pm

sweetjesus wrote:***********!!!!PLEASE DONT FOLLOW THIS LINK IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH IN ANY WAY!!!!!!*****************

EXTREMELY DISTURBING

this is what's going on in lebanon and people are just standing around watching and simply getting their citizens out of there.

AND ANOTHER:

That's horrible!

I certainly hope that the world recognizes that this carnage is completely Hizbollah's fault; not only for initiating this violence, but also for placing their terrorist infrastructure in civilian areas.

I'm 100% behind Israel on this one. After 6 years of withdrawal and patience, after 6 years of rocket attacks, enough is enough. It's terrible that civilians are being killed, but here's the difference;

1. Hamas and Hizbollah TARGET civilians, and CELEBRATE civilian deaths
2. The IDF tries (and sometimes fails) to AVOID civilian damage, and REGRET civilian deaths.

It's a no brainer. Israel is fighting for its life against the strongest force of evil this world has seen since the fall of communism.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:38 pm

M. Bréqs wrote:
sweetjesus wrote:***********!!!!PLEASE DONT FOLLOW THIS LINK IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH IN ANY WAY!!!!!!*****************

EXTREMELY DISTURBING

AND ANOTHER:

That's horrible!

I certainly hope that the world recognizes that this carnage is completely Hizbollah's fault; not only for initiating this violence, but also for placing their terrorist infrastructure in civilian areas.

I'm 100% behind Israel on this one. After 6 years of withdrawal and patience, after 6 years of rocket attacks, enough is enough. It's terrible that civilians are being killed, but here's the difference;

2. The IDF tries (and sometimes fails) to AVOID civilian damage, and REGRET civilian deaths.

It's a no brainer. Israel is fighting for its life against the strongest force of evil this world has seen since the fall of communism.

dude, the hezbollah are the lebanese peoples chosen protectors, they are the people.

lebanese are moving away from residential areas to allow hezbollah to continue protecting them.

edit: i am in shock at your reply.. i dont know what to say back.. .... i really dont.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:41 pm

oh yeah mbreqs, before you get all high and mighty about those pics and your view, you should know that happened at a UNITED NATIONS CAMP

forge

Post by forge » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:41 pm

I cant comment on that

MBreqs I feel the only way you and me can remain civil on these boards is to keep well away from politics

how anyone can really buy that is disturbing to me

M. Bréqs

Post by M. Bréqs » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:45 pm

sweetjesus wrote: dude, the hezbollah are the lebanese peoples chosen protectors, they are the people.

lebanese are moving away from residential areas to allow hezbollah to continue protecting them.
Protect them from what exactly?

Israel? Israel withdrew in 2000, and don't go citing the Shaaba farms - even the UN says it's Syrian territory, not Lebanese.

So how exactly does lobbing rockets into your neighbour's territory equal "protection"?

That's illogical. An analogy: It's like the Lebanes live next to a big friggin bear who's perfectly content to leave them alone. Some dogmatic fascist proclaims himself their "protector" and then insists on throwing rocks at the bear. When the bear wakes up your protector then hides behind you...

Some friggin protection that is.

I hope Israel gets this over with quickly and decicively, and can annihilate enough of Hizbollah's rocket supply. I'm also hoping that sensible Lebanese will abandon areas occupied by Hizbollah. I'm also hoping that once Hizbollah is decimated that the Lebanese never again tolerate these wackos from setting up operations in their villages and apartment buildings again.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:46 pm

M. Bréqs wrote:

EXTREMELY DISTURBING

AND ANOTHER:

That's horrible!

nah fuck it im gonna go head to head with u on this one, i really believe that this is an act of butchery no different from what you claim to be a just reason to fight it.

as to your posts

1. Israelis celebrate deaths too. I have seen a picture showing little israeli girls signing the bombs which are turning people into shredded beef.

2. Second link on my post... p.s. guess what happened to the ambulance driver who came to their aid... and the one after

M. Bréqs

Post by M. Bréqs » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:49 pm

sweetjesus wrote: nah fuck it im gonna go head to head with u on this one, i really believe that this is an act of butchery no different from what you claim to be a just reason to fight it.
Unfortunately I'm on a short break at work, and can't engage in a long discussion on this...

But I'll check this board a couple more times today and try to reply.

minimal

Post by minimal » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:52 pm

HEY GUYS,

don't you think is a bit too simplistic to discuss it this way?

I think we are far away to have enogh historical/political knowledge and perhaps culture to judge this things which happen away from our "vanilla" realities and involve loads of factors, not only 2 or three like some journalist wnat us to believe.
We all know how massmedia are badly manipulated nowadays, I think the only way to discuss in an adult way these matters is a deep knowledge of the social/political/cultural reality on these area, surely not acquired watching news between a coke and a nike commercial.

We better stay away from these topics on these forums imho, as they are good starting points for studip wars between forum users who are poorly informed, too emotional to accetp other points of view and perhaps too superficial to porperly inform themselves on a given topic before starting spitting out judgments on this or that.

if not we do exactly the game of these pigs... building our ideas on false/misleading informations and close oursleves in our ignorance without even noticing it.

atom_b

Post by atom_b » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:52 pm

sweetjesus wrote: dude, the hezbollah are the lebanese peoples chosen protectors, they are the people.
Dude, Hezbollah are certainly not the lebanese peoples chosen protectors, the chosen protectors would be - by official election - the lebanese forces - if those not had cleared the ground in the south of lebanon in favour for hezbollah, just to let them attack Israel.
And what sort of protection for lebanese people is that, if hezbollah launches their attacks on Israel from their own hospitals and schools?

What I don't dig at all here is people looking at those images. Do they make anything more clear for you or do they just serve the purpose to make anybody hot? It's not the only way to let news and political research come to you, is it? Get a brain and a heart!

Peace
Last edited by atom_b on Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vaio AR11S
XP Pro SP2
2GB RAM
intel T2500 2GHz
200GB RAID-0
RME FF400

M. Bréqs

Post by M. Bréqs » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:54 pm

forge wrote:I cant comment on that

MBreqs I feel the only way you and me can remain civil on these boards is to keep well away from politics

how anyone can really buy that is disturbing to me
Why can't you remain civil?

I can. ...and do.

It's easy. Just try and consider what somebody else thinks, rather than state dogma. Rather than restate arguements based on emotional pictures, try to look at history and debate on that level. Prove my facts wrong, or refute the logic of my arguements.

eg if I make a claim, and you think it's false, there's one of two possible problems with my statement. Either I have the incorrect premeses, or I draw incorrect conclusions from those premeses.

...anyways, break's over, gotta split. I'll rip your premeses and / or conclusions to shreds later today.

;)

L8er

elektrovert

Post by elektrovert » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:55 pm

M. Bréqs wrote:
I hope Israel gets this over with quickly and decicively, and can annihilate enough of Hizbollah's rocket supply. I'm also hoping that sensible Lebanese will abandon areas occupied by Hizbollah. I'm also hoping that once Hizbollah is decimated that the Lebanese never again tolerate these wackos from setting up operations in their villages and apartment buildings again.
Jaysus! you'd swear Hizbollah are a THREAT to Isreal! Image

This is wrong on so many levels.
I've given up trying to argue against statements like this.

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:56 pm

atom_b wrote:
Hezbollah are certainly not the lebanese peoples chosen protectors, the chosen protectors would be - by official election - the lebanese forces - if those not had cleared the ground in the south of lebanon in favour of hezbollah, just to let them attack Israel.
And what sort of protection for lenanese people is that, if hezbollah launches their attacks on Israel from their hospitals and schools?
atom_b i hear ya, but there is no lebanese army... seriously they dont have shit over there to fight with or anything, hence why people accept hezbollah.

the irony is that lebanon is 40% christian and rely on a muslim group to protect them... if your country had an army and did not want hezbollah, wouldnt you have done something about it by now?

minimal, the reason i posted this stuff was because it is NOT in the mainstream media. ... they show pictures of israelis bleeding but not the bodies that are drained of blood on the other side.

forge

Post by forge » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:58 pm

I thought Hell's Kitchen in NYC was bad. Nothing compares to the state of being in Lebanon now.

the thing that worries me the most is that if the middle east does become the tinderbox for WW3 then I am going to be morally on the wrong side