ASIO4ALL Problems with LIVE

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Quixotic

ASIO4ALL Problems with LIVE

Post by Quixotic » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:46 pm

ok so i posted this before but never got a solution. today i used the asio4all driver with Reason and it worked fine. but in Live whenever i use the asio4all driver all audio cuts off. no audio at all. anyone??

distraub

Post by distraub » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:10 pm

I use it without this problem...
on win xp
WinXP 3GB RAM
Motu Traveler
Live 8.1

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:32 pm

No probs what so ever with ASOI4All. Use it all the time when away from my studio...

/Mikael

jerry123

Post by jerry123 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:25 pm

I had no issues untill my PC crashed.
I got a loaner a few days ago and now I have this issue as well.
Any ASIO driver works fine except for ASIO4ALL.
I get input but no output. the Output latency reads 0ms and the hardware controls simply state that the Output channels are unavailable.
I haven't looked at the hardware specs on the new pc yet though.
I'll let you know.

Quixotic

Post by Quixotic » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:29 pm

thanx jerry...sounds like we have the same problem. im on windows xp...and ive never experienced this problem..i tried asio4all on nuendo, reason, vegas, all fine..except Live. its completely stumped me.

dj donnyman

Post by dj donnyman » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:14 pm

distraub wrote:I use it without this problem...
on win xp
No problems for me either

frisbeedisk

Post by frisbeedisk » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:56 pm

same here i use asio4all on my work laptop(xp) and no sound with live too...

M. Bréqs

Post by M. Bréqs » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:18 pm

I know that some audio cards don't support ASIO4ALL, but I never heard of programs having that problem when other progs work fine...

Try this.

Open up your control panel and disable all your audio devices, then re-activate them...

I hope that works, but it's 100% speculation - I don't know what the problem is.

Are you using v 2.7?

If you contact the designer (Michael Tippach) he's a pretty good guy. His contact link is at the bottom right of this page...

http://www.asio4all.com/

jerry123

Post by jerry123 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:26 pm

On my old PC, I was using the built-in Nvidia sound on the motherboard. No issues.
I have been un-installing and reinstalling software, using old versions of ASIO4ALL... I get audio in but no out.

Oh yes, and Cubase works fine.

Once I get home, I'll find out what hardware the loaner has in it.

Quixotic

Post by Quixotic » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:07 am

ok...so i think ive solved this but only mildly. now i got it working on everything. audio devices i disabled my MIDI device. and this did the trick. but in doing that it disabled any other sound. so now it works fine in every audio program but i dont get sound when say...im listening to a soundfile on the internet and such. any ideas?

by the way it does work great! aside from the above problem. question though...is this driver used mainly by people trying to do production on their laptops? say if i have a decent sound card in my computer..im assuming there would be no need to use this driver...correct?

R.A.W.

Post by R.A.W. » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:47 pm

Quixotic wrote:so now it works fine in every audio program but i dont get sound when say...im listening to a soundfile on the internet and such. any ideas?
if your card offers several outputs, just disable the first in asio4all, then other (non-asio) programs should be able to use the first out.
btw. we be good to know which card you are using.
Quixotic wrote:is this driver used mainly by people trying to do production on their laptops?
i guess so, it enables the use of asio with most internal soundchips, can be quite handy when you just want to check something out.. but i prefer my echo indigo dj ;)
Quixotic wrote:im assuming there would be no need to use this driver...correct?
not quite.. asio4all has another cool feature.. it enebles the use of more than 1 soundcards.. it kinda wraps all soundchips to one driver.
ThinkPad T500,Core 2 Duo T9600 (2x2,8GHz)/3GB RAM/Radeon HD3650/FireWire 410/WinXP SP3 32bit
AMD Phenom II X4 3.2GHz/4GB RAM/GeForce GTX460/ESI U24 XL/Win7 x64
Ableton Live 8/energyXT2/APC40/MPKmini/LaunchPad/TriggerFinger
http://www.bitmud.com

jerry123

Post by jerry123 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:00 am

Thank you M. Bréqs and Quixotic!

I disabled my audio from the Control Panel, restarted the PC, re-enabled, restarted and opened Ableton. Nothing, untill, I disabled my MIDI and re-enabled it and it's fine now.

Big sigh of relief here.

Using Intel motherboard sound, XP and Edirol UM1 USB-MIDI.

Quixotic

Post by Quixotic » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:27 pm

ok now im having huge issues. after i disabled the MIDI playback it also disabled my main soundcard driver. now my sound card has no sound when say surfing the net or listening to a CD on my laptop. i uninstalled the driver for asio4all and srtill nothing. ive royally fucked bmy comp..its acting as if there is no soundcard yet it says its working properly. please help. this asio4all is causeing way too many headaches. by the way im doing all of this on my laptop meaning there is no ext soundcard just the one that came with my laptop.

STRATEGY_510

Post by STRATEGY_510 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:09 pm

Quixotic wrote:ok now im having huge issues. after i disabled the MIDI playback it also disabled my main soundcard driver. now my sound card has no sound when say surfing the net or listening to a CD on my laptop. i uninstalled the driver for asio4all and srtill nothing. ive royally fucked bmy comp..its acting as if there is no soundcard yet it says its working properly. please help. this asio4all is causeing way too many headaches. by the way im doing all of this on my laptop meaning there is no ext soundcard just the one that came with my laptop.
This happens for me, except the sound from other sources on my PC is only disabled when Live is open and using Asio4All (whoich *kinda* makes sense, I guess..)

also, FYI, this is what I had to do just in order to use ASIO4ALL at all with Live on my laptop: under MIDI settings, under Output, make sure "Microsoft GS Wavetable Software Synth" is set to [track = off].

I don't get any sound if it's set to on (which is is by default).

Just don't ask me why, but it works..

STRATEGY

R.A.W.

Post by R.A.W. » Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:30 pm

STRATEGY_510 wrote:Just don't ask me why, but it works..
because that M$-Synth occupies your audio card ;)

@all with asio4all problems.. i guess it's a better idea to have a look in the asio4all forum, most problems and the solutions are described there.
http://mtippach.proboards40.com/
ThinkPad T500,Core 2 Duo T9600 (2x2,8GHz)/3GB RAM/Radeon HD3650/FireWire 410/WinXP SP3 32bit
AMD Phenom II X4 3.2GHz/4GB RAM/GeForce GTX460/ESI U24 XL/Win7 x64
Ableton Live 8/energyXT2/APC40/MPKmini/LaunchPad/TriggerFinger
http://www.bitmud.com