The Definitive Live Autohotkeys script!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Patch

Post by Patch » Mon May 14, 2007 2:12 pm

Heh-heh! Keep up the good work, rozling!!! I'm about to delve into AHK (for real this time - IF I CAN JUST GET FU#%IN' SOFT TAKEOVER WORKING WITH MY UC-33e!!!) and get my mouseless navigation on...

bendybones

Post by bendybones » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:52 am

Well done
Last edited by bendybones on Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BinaryB

Post by BinaryB » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:18 am

Anyone trying this with a novation remote to do a live-rig ?

I just want to be able to load clips into tracks without my mouse,
then the novation will take care of the rest.

...I am checking out this script byROZLING

but when i try and load clips into the track it dont work for me.
I press l and the slot is selected.
Then it sends me to the browser to select a clip to load.
But when i press ctrl+L to load the clip into the slot... nuffin.

I have selected the metal skin and i am on the stated resolution.

Any ideas ?
Live8 & Serato
Download NYE'08 DJset

rozling

Post by rozling » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:42 pm

It's been a while since I've looked at the internal workings of the thing but try dragging the edge of the browser to just under the Play button on the Transport - let me know how you get on.

BinaryB

Post by BinaryB » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:02 am

rozling wrote:It's been a while since I've looked at the internal workings of the thing but try dragging the edge of the browser to just under the Play button on the Transport - let me know how you get on.
Hi rozling,
Thanks for your help mate.

It selects the slot again but doesnt load the file into the slot...

BTW.

This would be a great addition to your script if it works...
youri wrote:Yes, you can do a lot of funny things with autohotkey!
And here is my fav for the moment:

Have you ever tried to map a key to the sample reverse button?
As I know this insn't possible in live!

:idea: -> You got it!?!

With autohotkey you can do it! Just write a little script (like this one to open the browser but with the mouse coordinates for the sample reverse button and another keystroke).

Now you can trigger the reverse button for every sample that is selected at the moment (!) by computerkey or even a midi controler (with bome's miditranslator)!
This works fine, especially for short samples (because the loading-time isn't so long). Maybe a drumloop...

Cool, ah :wink: !
Live8 & Serato
Download NYE'08 DJset

rozling

Post by rozling » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:46 pm

Hmm, not sure what's going on there - I think it may be the same on my latest (crap) laptop config, I'll take a look & confirm.

May be possible to do the reverse thing - basically with AHK you can get it to click anything on the screen or send keyboard shortcuts/combinations. Next time I'm messing with the script I'll see if I can whip it up.

rozling

Post by rozling » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:29 pm

Nope working fine here. I'm afraid you may need to get your hands dirty with the script - here's the relevant part:

Code: Select all

#IfWinActive, ahk_group Live
{
l::
{
	PixelSearch, SelectedSessionClipX, SelectedSessionClipY, 350, 82, 911, 544, 0xFFCA83 [Fast]
{
	Send, !{Up}!{Left}
}
	return
}
	return

^l::
{
	PixelSearch, SelectedBrowserClipX, SelectedBrowserClipY, 38, 144, 130, 568, 0xFFCA83 [Fast]
	MouseClickDrag, left,  (SelectedBrowserClipX + 35), (SelectedBrowserClipY + 10),  (SelectedSessionClipX + 30), (SelectedSessionClipY + 7) 
	Return
}

}
Return	
No time to go through it now but I'll try and help you along if you're up for editing the settings. What may be necessary is tailoring the mouse speed to your system...

BinaryB

Post by BinaryB » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:07 am

Well i am glad that its working for you so i am on the right path.
Looks like i am gonna get dirty. I will post my findings when i get a chance to do this.

BTW Thanks for your responses.
Live8 & Serato
Download NYE'08 DJset

rozling

Post by rozling » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:35 am

No prob - I noticed last night that it works when I do Left Ctrl + L but not with Right Ctrl + L. I think it could be a matter of just changing this bit:

to whatever key combination you want to load the clip. Try changing it to '!l::' which would map it to alt+l.

I'd love to know who's using this and how - if you're finding it useful/helpful post here and tell people how!

BinaryB

Post by BinaryB » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:15 pm

rozling wrote:No prob - I noticed last night that it works when I do Left Ctrl + L but not with Right Ctrl + L. I think it could be a matter of just changing this bit:

to whatever key combination you want to load the clip. Try changing it to '!l::' which would map it to alt+l.

I'd love to know who's using this and how - if you're finding it useful/helpful post here and tell people how!
Yeah I noticed that too but thought it might just be my laptop.
But I will post my findings when i get the chance to have another go at it.
Live8 & Serato
Download NYE'08 DJset

SubQ

Post by SubQ » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:59 pm

Im having a prob with my script

Assigned my DIY footcontroller to send some QWERTY letters via Ipac. One of the pushbuttons is assigned to Shift. When I write on a notepad, i get K instead of k if shift is pressed.
But I cant send this message to AHkey and Live ofr, lets say, undo. my script is

;To Undo
+k::^z

If anyone can tell me whats wrong with this, id appreciate.

peace,

coelho
http://soundcloud.com/coelho
Dave Smith Prophet 08 SE, Genelecs, RME Multiface, Faderfoxes, Doepfer Drehbank, Padkontrol, DIY Footcontroller, Electro Harmonix Pedals.

rozling

Post by rozling » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:34 am

You could try something like

+k::
{
Send {RCtrl Down}{z}{RCtrl Up}
return
}
As it may bt the ^z bit it's having a problem with?

SubQ

Post by SubQ » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:06 pm

yeah rozz, could be. Im getting probs with any function that uses Ctrl.

Ill try and let you know if worked.

all the best

coelho
Dave Smith Prophet 08 SE, Genelecs, RME Multiface, Faderfoxes, Doepfer Drehbank, Padkontrol, DIY Footcontroller, Electro Harmonix Pedals.

SubQ

Post by SubQ » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:30 pm

Worked! a breeze...

thnks rozling.

today ill post some pictures of my DIY footcontroller, im using it as a 4 channel loop machine and navigator when in shift mode. Now im a band alone:)

ill post some vid soon, when i get time

best
coelho

matsimpson

Post by matsimpson » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:18 pm

Perhaps a really stupid question, I dont know beacuse I'm not exactly a computer genius...but using AHK, could i plug a USB keyboard into my pc (the current one uses the old style of keyboard port) and use that along side my current keyboard to control Live?
And also, is there anyway to map controls in Live so that rearrangement of the tracks doesn't screw it up? For example im using the 1 key to trigger the Track 1 stop button. If i were to add a track and then switch the order my mapping wouldnt be right anymore; track 1 becomes track 2, so pressing the 1 key would stop track 2. Is there a way to make it so that 1 would press the stop button on track 1, no matter how the tracks were rearranged?
If you press F1 on Live, track 1 is deactivated/activated even if you rearrange, so is it possible to do this using key mapping and AHK?