Dedicated tempo keys

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
richardbrown

Dedicated tempo keys

Post by richardbrown » Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:27 pm

Is there a way to have dedicated keys for tempo adjustment?
I know it can be done when the focus is on the tempo box, but I'm mixing with a DJ and need to ride the tempo whilst altering filters etc.

Thanks if you know...

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:33 pm

some better tempo tools would be good.

push, pull and finer tempo adjust.

Would be VERY helpful.

cheers,

songCarver

Triumph

Post by Triumph » Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:33 am

the easiest thing to do is get a simple midi controller and map a knob to the tempo contol.

richardbrown

Post by richardbrown » Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:30 pm

I realise it can be controlled via MIDI, the point of my post was that I don't see why it shouldn't also be possible via fixed key commands - Live must be the only sequencer software that doesn't allow this. Anyway, I'll include this with my list of suggestions in the Wishlist forum when I get it all typed up...

aaron

that would be a big help

Post by aaron » Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:47 pm

It seems strange that you cant assign the up and down arrow keys to control the tempo...When playing with a DJ, its such a headache to have to grab the mouse and click on the tempo in the middle of a mix. by the time you do all that, its already audible to the audience that your tempo is off.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:48 pm

I had a moment of joy with my midi keyboard - I was really trying not to use it as I wanted to e able to have my gig fit in a backpack but once i started playing with them together i realised just how much better it is with a midi keyboard - just assign tap tempo to a key on your keyboard and tempo to one of the knobs for starters - highly worth it

Credo

Post by Credo » Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:19 am

Midi keys and knobs are ok, but what would be good for live performances (especially DJ sets) is something like what we have for scenes. A tempo UP and a tempo DOWN. maybe even selectable interval.

Just some ideas

C

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:21 am

I was just looking at the tutorial PDF on the main site and they seem to be suggesting that the live equivolent of 'nudge' and 'brake'on a turntable is to move the warp markers to bring an audio file in line if it's the same tempo but out - and move warp markers has arrow left'right as it's key command if you have the clip view selected...interesting idea....

sOUlrEflEktOr

tempo

Post by sOUlrEflEktOr » Mon Aug 11, 2003 5:45 pm

so how do i map it? everything on the screen just changes colours :( im too st00pid to figger this out on my own. im playing with a band and need to pre beat map my samples for certain parts. want to do this using my oxygen 8.... ? sR