ot...why i believe in the death penalty

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:30 pm

stinky wrote:...and have myself been abused (not sexually)
I thought you were raised by teachers and engineers - someone must have engineered an ass whooping or something like that huh?

anywayz

That explains why you want to touch me - you're creepy bro
Last edited by djadonis206 on Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

stinky

Post by stinky » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:30 pm

who said anything about a human rights debate? But, the justification for killing someone for that crime is not there. Of course, whoever did that to you should be punished.. punishment goes without question, but you can't throw out the baby with the bathwater.. and what about the people who are actually innocent and wrongfully accused? Jesus, when did compassion completely fly out the window? No wonder this world's so fucked up.

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:30 pm

stinky wrote:
eyeknow wrote:stinky, I have no idea what that is about, but I will tell you that when you have been violated LIKE ME you don't care about rehabilitation. So, since you have obviously never been raped, held hostage, mugged, beaten for no apparent reason (hospital type I mean) I suggest you stop your uber-extream left "oh the poor rapist just needs a hug" crap
No, you misunderstood what I said. If you checked my following post, i stated clearly:
stinky wrote:before i get bashed, i'm just asking. As far as i'm aware though, rape is not a capital punishable offense. My questions were asked because you're promoting a change in the laws?
The funny thing is, the person who does these types of things, usually had it done to them. Killing someone for doing it is not going to stem the possibility that the abused will also become the abuser, and hence, the cycle continues. That's why rehabilitation is the only possibility to stem this type of abuse from further happening. I would never condone this type of abuse, and have myself been abused (not sexually), so, you're diatribe is for naught.

Also, rehabilition in our current understanding is also not what i'm advocating. Jail is not rehabilition. In fact, jail is a school for every type of immorality.
It has been made crystal clear that you are

a. not in touch with reality
b. you would argue and "word" anything just to make sure you win

stinky

Post by stinky » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:32 pm

djadonis206 wrote:I thought you were raised by teachers and engineers - someone must have engineered an ass whooping or something like that huh?

anywayz

who said anything about being abused by the people that raised me? Anyways, stop trying to bait me with your infantile bullshit. You're the one that wanted me to "feel you"

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:36 pm

stinky wrote:
djadonis206 wrote:I thought you were raised by teachers and engineers - someone must have engineered an ass whooping or something like that huh?

anywayz

who said anything about being abused by the people that raised me? Anyways, stop trying to bait me with your infantile bullshit. You're the one that wanted me to "feel you"
Not touch, feel

Did it hurt Stinky? Did you cry? Did you wonder why? Why me?

You weren't abused, someone just knocked some sense into your head...er out of your head

And I meant creepy in a Jeffrey Dahlmer way not Gary Ridgeway way
Ableton | Elektron

Music

stinky

Post by stinky » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:43 pm

djadonis206, people like you scare me the most, because you're just dumb enouch to actually think you're intelligent. I'm glad you make the case for abortion. I feel the same way, and in your case, doubly so. All you ever like to do is get people riled up, with no actual thought or strategy behind... just looking for a response, no matter if it's positive or negative. You're like the kid in the yard that won't stop poking, just to get attention. Is that it? Did you feel neglected as i child, and all of you childhood angst comes out to torment others in your life endlessly. Grow up dude.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:57 pm

stinky wrote:djadonis206, people like you scare me the most, because you're just dumb enouch to actually think you're intelligent. I'm glad you make the case for abortion. I feel the same way, and in your case, doubly so. All you ever like to do is get people riled up, with no actual thought or strategy behind... just looking for a response, no matter if it's positive or negative. You're like the kid in the yard that won't stop poking, just to get attention. Is that it? Did you feel neglected as i child, and all of you childhood angst comes out to torment others in your life endlessly. Grow up dude.
See that's good, that's good emotion you're showing Stinky, we're getting somewhere now

It's people like you with a name like Stinky that get worked up by what I say - most other people just look the other way or just don't give a fuck

but you, you care - why do you care so much stinky, why?
Ableton | Elektron

Music

Winterpark

Post by Winterpark » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:27 pm

i never get involved in these stupid posts... but i feel a bit sanity needs to prevail....

The original story is from FOX news... who are fairly renouned for their black and white without many shades of gray...

There is something seriously wrong with someone who does something like that to a child.... and what i mean is... either mental illness... off their brains on meth amphets...or both....

the article mentions that he is a transient (read between the lines... homeless/mentally ill/fallen through the cracks of society)

The questions should be ...
* what creates people like this?

* what structures in society are there in place to stop this stuff happening before it happens?

* what role does the whole community have in solving this problem?

* is the death penalty really a sollution to the 'wider issue'?

hope you see my point of view on this one.

:)
web | fb | sc | twt | bc

stinky

Post by stinky » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:30 pm

am wrote:i never get involved in these stupid posts... but i feel a bit sanity needs to prevail....

The original story is from FOX news... who are fairly renouned for their black and white without many shades of gray...

There is something seriously wrong with someone who does something like that to a child.... and what i mean is... either mental illness... off their brains on meth amphets...or both....

the article mentions that he is a transient (read between the lines... homeless/mentally ill/fallen through the cracks of society)

* what structures in society are there in place to stop this stuff happening before it happens?

Yes, thank you... compassion just flew back in the window. Instead of being a bigot, understanding is needed to stem these situations from continuing to happen!!

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:37 pm

am wrote:i never get involved in these stupid posts... but i feel a bit sanity needs to prevail....

:)
After Regan got through pillaging the health care system in the US there are a lot more of those kinds of people out on the street, off their meds. It's only going to get worse. The current president isn't going to fix it and future ones will have W's debt to deal with.

computo

Post by computo » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:39 pm

Its really more of a reason to blast a huge gaping hole between Florida and the US mainland.

screw Florida. For some reason, the craziest shit happens there.

I call for an official seperation. dig a trench and fill it with water.

Danny Futuro

Post by Danny Futuro » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:43 pm

the death penalty is the most savage and unevolved way of dealing with those that society has given up on. Period.
Self-hating american.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:18 am

The death penalty might make more sense if it actually deterred crime. Unfortunately (for pre-death penalty people) the statistics don't back up the claim that the death penalty is a deterrant.

Is it possible that living in a society obsessed with sex and violence might have something to do with it? Could it possibly have something to do with living in a society that professes to be Christian, yet lives almost the exact opposite? That in no way condones the actions of a rapist/murderer - just a suggestion to look in the mirror and see a little deeper...

jackmazzotti

Post by jackmazzotti » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:43 am

ethios4 wrote:The death penalty might make more sense if it actually deterred crime. Unfortunately (for pre-death penalty people) the statistics don't back up the claim that the death penalty is a deterrant.

Is it possible that living in a society obsessed with sex and violence might have something to do with it? Could it possibly have something to do with living in a society that professes to be Christian, yet lives almost the exact opposite? That in no way condones the actions of a rapist/murderer - just a suggestion to look in the mirror and see a little deeper...
I don't know what soceity professes to be anything let alone Christian. Christianity is to be lived out as an individual. I am a Christian. I am told to love my enemies. With Gods help I can. I also believe in helping the needy. Children are needy. They need protection against devils in human skin. I believe the death penalty or maximum security for life without parole would help deffer these things (I do not call them human) from acting out their sick selfish desires.

like i said before

dont wanna go to the electric chair?

then leave kids alone!

jackmazzotti

Post by jackmazzotti » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:00 am

Chris J wrote:
I'm summing up mazzotti : you're an arsehole
Dennis Leary agrees with you on that point :lol: