Covert Operators "soundwrecks" Group Buy

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
STRATEGY_510

Covert Operators "soundwrecks" Group Buy

Post by STRATEGY_510 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:49 pm

Nice transaction flow, no problemos.

Got my confirmation from Andreas wthin 5 minutes (!)

The download is going extremely fast (321 kb/sec).

Nice work all around guys, can't wait to start browsing through all the sounds!

Will post a little review of the content later..

Thanks,

STRATEGY

dazzer

Post by dazzer » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:52 pm

Mines only d/l at 100kb/sec...

Got 1 h 35m left!

Man, I'm impatient!

jngpng

Post by jngpng » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:00 pm

Just paid and waiting for my link now...

I don't envy Machinate having to send out all those emails!
----------------
Macbook Pro, Fireface 400, Analog Shit

frahnque

Post by frahnque » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:02 pm

200-300 kb/s here. Just installed and ready to go ;)

Big ups A & B!
Live 8.1 Suite + M4L and C'74 MAX5
Macbook Air 13", 4 Gb Ram - Lion
Thinkpad W510 Core i7 720-QM, 8 Gb Ram - Win7 64-bit

Soundcloud-> http://soundcloud.com/frank-bolero

adi

Post by adi » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:03 pm

downloading at 150 kb/s. can't wait.

STRATEGY_510

Post by STRATEGY_510 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:26 pm

I've installed and am having at it now.

Having a few issues with some of the folders contents. this is not a complaint, might have everything to do with me being a relative rookie to Live (5). I did the default install and then ran the 1.1 update.

Here's one area where I'm having problems:

Devices > Impulse > SoundWrecks > Clean Kits

This folder's Impulse kits are not working for me, an occasional click and pop is all. Perhaps these need Operator?

Conversely, the next folder in that path:

Devices > Impulse > SoundWrecks > v1.1 update - Operator Kits

Well I was almost sure these would need Operator, but I now think "Operator Kits" is not a reference to Operator the instrument, but the Covert Operators themselves (duh)

Anyway, these kits are all working and furthermore sound GREAT, easily sh*tting all over the "official" Ableton presets. Not a fair comparison probably, but there's some very great stuff here. A lot of it is kinda way-out sounding but I'm finding tons of bread & butter stuff too. Great all-around balance of both.

UPDATE: I'ts not all the kits in the "Clean Kits" folder I'm having trouble with, just the ones that start with numbers (0306, 0405, etc). I will feel like a moron if this is something I managed to mix in there but I'm almost sure this came into my library as part of the SoundWrecks install.

So a little confusion, but so far the sounds themselves are more than surpassing my expectations and am very pleased in that regard.

Posting this instead of goind directly to them for support but I know they are busy this morning as I know a bunch of you are installing this now and maybe somone else had the same problem?

Basically, halfway through the Impulse kits and I feel like I've already got my money's worth :) NIce work guys, I will post more comments later when I've had a chance to absorb more.

STRATEGY

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:07 pm

Hey Strategy,

It looks like you have a problem with your permissions.
Please repair your permissions and reinstall SoundWrecks.

If the problem should persist, feel free to mail us at support@thecovertoperators.com

Our operators are standing by to respond to your calls :wink:

Cheers

- Operator B

LL

Post by LL » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:27 pm

Sorry for jumping on this thread, but it seems like I need some explanation.

I've never messed around with the presets, live packs, live clips and all that funky file management that came with Live5. I installed this pack once and somehow I messed up, so now I deleted everything and decided to start over.

I've got my sample library on a different partition than my applications, but it seems like this package is meant to go into my library/application support/ableton/library where all the ableton stuff resides. Just like the installer suggests, and states is it's default loacation.

So I get confused when I'm asked to choose a place to install the software. Should I locate the library, or should I choose my other "sample"-partition? And what will go where?

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:46 pm

LL wrote:Sorry for jumping on this thread, but it seems like I need some explanation.

I've never messed around with the presets, live packs, live clips and all that funky file management that came with Live5. I installed this pack once and somehow I messed up, so now I deleted everything and decided to start over.

I've got my sample library on a different partition than my applications, but it seems like this package is meant to go into my library/application support/ableton/library where all the ableton stuff resides. Just like the installer suggests, and states is it's default loacation.

So I get confused when I'm asked to choose a place to install the software. Should I locate the library, or should I choose my other "sample"-partition? And what will go where?
Hi,

You must install this in the Ableton library folder.
Thats mainly how the preset system works.
If you want detailed info on Live's library, Live Clips and presets, then please read the tutorial that can be downloaded at this page http://www.thecovertoperators.com/downloads.php

It should clear up any questions you have about how organizing files works with Live 5.

If you have any further questions, please contact support@thecovertoperators.com

Cheers

-Bjorn

LL

Post by LL » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:50 pm

Ay!

I searched the forum a bit, and browsed your site - but somehow I overlooked that tutorial :oops:

That should get me going, thanks a lot :P
LL

brainray

Post by brainray » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:59 pm

Windows installer didn't work, instructions are a bit rudimentary.

However, what I've head yet (not much) already justifies the purchase - great stuff!

Why don't you guys provide a LivePack for installation?

Best

Ray
Sony Vaio A215M PentiumM 1.6 GHz 1GB __ Athlon 64, Asus A8N, 2GB Corsair
Focusrite Saffire, UAD-1, Logic Control

jngpng

Post by jngpng » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:13 pm

Looking good so far from what I can tell!

I'm having a small problem though. The clips in the 'One Shots' directory can't seem to find the samples they refer to. There is a similar problem with the demo songs. In fact, it seems to happen with any clip whose sample isn't in the same directory. Is this a problem with Live, or have I installed incorrectly?
----------------
Macbook Pro, Fireface 400, Analog Shit

brainray

Post by brainray » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:13 pm

Hmmm, a lots of samples seem to be mislinked.... I'll contakt support
Sony Vaio A215M PentiumM 1.6 GHz 1GB __ Athlon 64, Asus A8N, 2GB Corsair
Focusrite Saffire, UAD-1, Logic Control

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:40 pm

Hi people,

Sorry if some of you are having problems. Please contact support@thecovertoperators.com instead of posting the problems here. (we'll have a forum at thecovertoperators.com soon ;) )

We will look into these issues, as they occur for some people but not for everybody.
This will be fixed ASAP.

Meanwhile, feel free to enjoy the thousands of Live Clips in SoundWrecks :D

So please contact us directly if you have any problems or questions.
Lets not disturb the other forum members too much.

Sincerely yours

-Bjorn

STRATEGY_510

Post by STRATEGY_510 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:03 pm

hoffman2k wrote:Hi people,

Sorry if some of you are having problems. Please contact support@thecovertoperators.com instead of posting the problems here. (we'll have a forum at thecovertoperators.com soon ;) )

We will look into these issues, as they occur for some people but not for everybody.
This will be fixed ASAP.

Meanwhile, feel free to enjoy the thousands of Live Clips in SoundWrecks :D

So please contact us directly if you have any problems or questions.
Lets not disturb the other forum members too much.

Sincerely yours

-Bjorn

Guys, I didnt mean to start a technical support thread, i actually originally was posting to comment on how well I was liking eveything and tried to sneak in my little problem, sorry about that.

at any rate, whatever was wrong is not anymore, i simply reinstalled and everything is playing so far. as suggested i will take any further issues to Soundwrecks support.

In case my original point got lost, GREAT WORK to everyone involved.

STRATEGY