[OT] Pro Tools LE 7 is screwing up big time...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Sales Dude McBoob

[OT] Pro Tools LE 7 is screwing up big time...

Post by Sales Dude McBoob » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:46 pm

8O ,

I'm having issues with PT 7 LE and no one over at the (lame) DUC seems to be able to help:
Hi,

So I just pulled up my old mixes the other night from 6.4 onto 7. I have a song with a vocal comped together from two tracks. Right in the beginning of the song one line is sung by one track, and the next line is sung by the other track. When the second track is supposed to kick in there is no audio until a second or two into where the volume automation has kicked in. It's like PT is missing its own cues. If you solo the track and play it again and again, PT will miss it again and again, but in different places. Very inconsistant, and obviously a bug. A major major bug.

What can I do to remedy this? I'm supposed to have this mix in the mail on friday morning.
Thanks

stinky

Post by stinky » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:55 pm

have you tried creating a new track, and adding the part to that track? Sounds stupid, i know... i'm just curious... what kind of things have you tried to remedy this situation?

smart1123

Post by smart1123 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:05 pm

Things to try:

Make a new session and import all the tracks in

Trash all digi related prefs (digisytem init, pt prefs, dae prefs I think they are in your user prefs but may be in system) and reboot

Repair permissions/disk

Reinstall Protools

Good Luck!
15" TiBook 1.5 GHz 1Gig RAM, MOTU Traveller, Live 5, Reaktor 5, Alesis Micron, Yamaha EX-5, UC-33e, BCR2000, Lexicon MPX-1, Orbit, Event 20/20's