{Off the mark} Seattle, Washington USA

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:02 am

djadonis206 wrote:
err_fatale wrote:I lived in Seattle 97-99 and although it is a beautiful city in the summer, the winter really does a number on a lot of people's minds. The city is geographically isolated, and the atmosphere often cultivates a sense of loneliness and isolation within the inhabitants, which can lead to insanity after 5 months of solid rain. Summer comes, but they are already gone mentally.

I eventually left because I could not tolerate the sense of isolation and social atrophy I felt there. A lot of people agree that the city just doesn't know how to loosen up and be real. People are very much on their guard, not responsive to spontaneous interactions (not everyone, but generally I felt this way) and it takes a long time to develop a close circle of trusted friends there for a lot of people, me included. I have lived in NYC, S.f., Chicago, Culver City (L.A.) and I can say that the East Coast is way more open and friendly, people just aren't afraid to take a risk in meeting new faces, if you fuck up, you'll get a response, but out west you don't even get the benefit of the doubt usually. Closed Books, especially Seattle. The Mountains and Forest and the city itself are beautiful, but the uber-isolation breeds insanity. I'm telling you. Most of the biggest wackos have come from the North West.

I also many times felt as if the Native Americans cursed the city there because of the evil the white man did to them. Others have felt this too.
that's a very good observation on the real.

Adonis
It's a strange place, but I'm at the point to where I've been here long enough to have a few really good friends, and it gets in the way of the idea of moving again.. Also, wherever you are, there are interesting people who you might like hanging out with, and if you want that, the footwork is always mostly yours to do.

dm_hawk

Post by dm_hawk » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:28 pm

..... . . . . . . . . .

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:00 pm

not coo'
Ableton | Elektron

Music

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:45 pm

Speaking of not coo'

I was with a friend last night - actually a better friend who works with kids who have done 3 months to x amount of years in Juvenille or prison ages 18 - 22

helps them find jobs, mentors and what not

well last night he was telling us about a kid who did Juvenille life - basically he was in Prison from age 14 until he was 21

he was on the streets and shared some vodka or something with this older homeless guy - well after they finished the bottle the homeless guy tried touching the kid how a kid shouldn't be touched (bad touch, or wait is it good touch, no it's bad touch - yeah, bad touch)

So the kid beat the homeless guy to death with his skateboard - then in a drunken state cut the dudes head off and tried to hide the body

8O
Last edited by djadonis206 on Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ableton | Elektron

Music

marky

Post by marky » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:04 pm

Jesus, that's nasty. How drunk would you need to be though to try to cut a dude's head off... you've got to be pretty f**ked up in the first place to pull that stuff off...
Awright Bawjaws, that smells lovely son, gies a wee taste!
--------------------------------
www.myspace.com/interposition

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:09 am

I ended up attending the march a few people had for the kids killed after that rave a while ago, mainly because a promoter was going to be the I wanted to talk with. It was odd stopping by the house, and thinking how it had no aura or any of that other nonsense. It looked like a perfectly decent place.

As far as that kid killing the bum and going ape on him... easy. Say he was molested by an adult years ago, well a bum is no match for a teen, so all of a sudden all this old anger pours out at this one target, total rage... I'm betting it was something like that.