education Berklee Ableton course

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
warpus

Post by warpus » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:50 pm

I dont know but if I were to spend $895 for a class I'd expect some in-person instruction from a super expert at the software. I'd be expecting to learn techniques from someone who could take me way beyond the basics or anything I could learn in a book or tutorial DVD on my own. I don't know, maybe the Berklee class does that.

stinky

Post by stinky » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:58 pm

I don't know, maybe the Berklee class does that.
I don't know... by blue-rinse's own admission, the teacher was not an 'expert'... i would expect nothing less paying that much, but it seems that is what's offered.. second rate... just my .02... i haven't taken the courses, but i'm going off of what blue-rinse said..

blue-rinse

Post by blue-rinse » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:53 pm

It is a little (or a lot) overpriced for sure I admit that. Some of us more experienced users would prolly be a little dissapointed with some things. The teacher I had was not a Live wizard like I said ( I could get some better answers from folks here), perhaps some others are better?. Main reason I took this class wuz cuz I might want to complete one of the many certificate programs they offer. I'm trying to possibly apply for a graduate program in music and since my undergrad work is in Creative Writing, having a certificate (albeit an online one) and a few refrences from such an esteemed school like Berklee can't hurt my resume. No regrets on the class though I still came out of it more knowledgeable than when I started.

DrDJ

Post by DrDJ » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:14 am

Thank you blue-rinse.
Stinky: The price is lower if you take into account that Live is included! I think for a novice this will help me and since I work (more than) fulltime, now I have to force myself to spend time on Live. I agree it is still much more expensive than books or cd's. but I think for me it will work out ok.