numerology 1.2, audio unit hosting!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
myo

numerology 1.2, audio unit hosting!

Post by myo » Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:50 pm

hello everyone, since there's alot of talk about this on these boards I thought I'd let everyone that doesn't already know about the numerology 1.2 preview. go check it out.

http://www.five12.com/

if this works well with live via rewire I for one will be very excited.

fugu

Post by fugu » Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:27 pm

hey,

Numerology is not a rewire application and probably won't be for some time (per the developer). However, don't let that phase you, it's got a rock solid midi clock and imho is a perfect companion for Live both for performance sequences of AU and other midi instruments, and on the really interesting side: triggering/controlling Live with Numerology sequencing.

Whereas Live has a level of inherent 'precision' (predictability?) to it's performance (samples, somewhat quantized and arranged), Numerology allows you to build lots and lots of interacting parameters, so many forms of midi can be twisted relative to other midi data, the thing kinda gets rolling and will pop out really cool things on it's own. There's a new dual LFO module, and you can drift/offset sequences (and therefore modulation) easily too, it is really fun.

I've only scratched the surface in my own explorations, but my results so far have been a level of indirect improvisation that is pretty surprising. It'll take some time to build a level of control and mastery. but I'm pretty stoked.

For everyone that wanted AU's and MIDI in Live, (and i've completely no idea what may be in beta v3 next week): Numerology is where it's at!

-fugu

point_misser

Post by point_misser » Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:54 am

i can only second this.

even simpler - hook numerology up to your dusty hardware synths and bang! new life!

seriously, i got back to using my micro q in a big way since i started using numerology. it goes all the way from sweet filter cutoff sequencing to total midi meltdown.

Credo

Post by Credo » Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:11 pm

yaeh

I have only downloaded the 1.0 demo, but i must say Im impressed.
numerology feels like a new invention. I have seen nothing like it.

And AU sounds just fine...

C