Lemur Opinions ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
microlive

Post by microlive » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:15 pm

Hey Robert...

I'm currently using mine in 2 different instances...

1.) I'm using one interface as a control desk when producing tracks in ableton (very simple, just 2 pages of pots, rotarys & faders), and on the same project, a page is customised around an Absynth VSTi to control various parameters of the wave synthesis/lfo/effects (a little more complicated, using various switches, multiball objects mapped to the Midi channel Absynth is on)... and...

2.) Most importantly, for live perfomance. I've designed a streamlined 6 page interface controlling Ableton Live - which is an integral part of our setup. It controls everthing from Volume & EQ, Auto-Filters, Clip launch & Scene Selectors, Tempo, Clip recording from Reason (Rewired), Our return channels (with several effect chains), Beat Repeats... to the most recent addition to the interface... View control.

I'm in the process of designing a 3rd interface (or possibly an extension to my performance one if the memory footprint is small enough) to act as a sort of "random LFO" controller for Operator, which i'm sure will cook up some interesting sounds - just trying to get my head around the layout.

I'd love to get cracking with it in Max/MSP too & unlock the full potential of OSC, but unfortunately my trial period on that is up & i'm still getting the pennies together to purchase... After recent news, i might just wait to see what the Abes & Cycling 74 are cooking up though...

Parametex

Post by Parametex » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:24 pm

:?:

I'd like to ask the owners of Lemur a question:

How good is the feedback implementation of Lemur?

Can you send text to lemur screen from MAX?
Can you alter the colors of the slider etc etc ?
Can you sen a command from MAX to lemur to change a page?

and similar things...

Please elaborate...

A.

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:35 pm

Run the free JazzEditor utility. It will answer many of your questions about layout.

http://www.jazzmutant.com/support_download.php

There are downloadable manuals on the same page.

4am

Post by 4am » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:19 pm

hambone1 wrote:Intended as a joke (sorry... thought it was obvious!), but I bet Uli Behringer and his reverse-engineering team are working with the Chinese sweatshops already.
oh me bad :oops:
but as every product gets a cheaper copy i have thought...