M-Audio Firewire 410 with Live

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
sunit

Post by sunit » Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:35 am

okay started working with this interface in production - we started having problems with live - for no apparent reason, live would still save and select clips, etc., but none of the audio would play (the actual clip and timeline play buttons wouldn't start). this is with both 2.12 and the new 3 beta. turning on and off the firewire410 and restarting live seemed to work. still waiting from maudio to hear more about this,

-sunit

Capt. Picard
Location: In Canada & Australia climbing music in technicolor

Post by Capt. Picard » Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:41 am

sunit wrote:okay started working with this interface in production - we started having problems with live - for no apparent reason, live would still save and select clips, etc., but none of the audio would play (the actual clip and timeline play buttons wouldn't start). this is with both 2.12 and the new 3 beta. turning on and off the firewire410 and restarting live seemed to work. still waiting from maudio to hear more about this,
-sunit
Yup! Same with mine, play doesn’t work... :?
We will not stop from exploration,
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started,
And know the place for the first time.

-T.S.Eliot

raph

battery/firewire feed

Post by raph » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:06 am

jamm wrote:-Does the powerbook also feeds the 410 when you work on the batteries?
hi,
i checked the other page of this topic but this question haven't beeb answered...

does anybody have it?? :arrow:

thankx

Re: battery/firewire feed

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:29 am

raph wrote:
jamm wrote:-Does the powerbook also feeds the 410 when you work on the batteries?
hi,
i checked the other page of this topic but this question haven't beeb answered...

does anybody have it?? :arrow:

thankx
I'll say yes it does. I don't have the outputs hooked to anything right now to check them, but it's I'm getting sound through the headphones. During the time I've been playing around with it, I've only been using the power supplied through the Firewire connection. I haven't even taken the PSU out of its box -- may not even be in working condition for all I know. But looks like I won't ever need it. I really like this thing. Still need to test recording with it though.