terror plot

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
M. Bréqs

Post by M. Bréqs » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:15 pm

andydes wrote: Nothing wrong with discussing these things on a music forum. Besides, it’s always good to see Rob and M Breqs gallantly fending off the hordes of liberal lefties. (How’s it going guys? Ready for the next round?).

Right, so who can we bomb to stop this happening again? Pakistan or Walthamstow?
...Yeah, as long as people preface their posts with [OT] or (Off Topic) or ***POLITICAL*** then at least folks like Cryptic UK can choose to not read.

And thanks for the big ups. No, I'm never ready for the next round, I'm starting to find Internet debate about as good an expenditure of time as loudly banging two tin pots together in a small concrete room - repetitive, strenuous, and prone to give you a headache.

forge

Post by forge » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:41 pm

M. Bréqs wrote: I'm starting to find Internet debate about as good an expenditure of time as loudly banging two tin pots together in a small concrete room - repetitive, strenuous, and prone to give you a headache.
exactly true

it's kind of self indulgent too - like a kind of desensitised, hunched over a computer, lazy form of confession

those of us who do fuck all but have a bit of a conscience about it come and post on the ableton forum - thereby continuing to do fuck all but making ourselves feel the tiniest fraction of a bit better about doing nothing about anything

this is why I've been kind of avoiding the political threads since that Lebanon one because I realise I know fuck all about it and do fuck all to help, and posting here certainly doesnt improve either of those states of being

andydes

Post by andydes » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:54 pm

M. Bréqs wrote:
andydes wrote: And thanks for the big ups. No, I'm never ready for the next round, I'm starting to find Internet debate about as good an expenditure of time as loudly banging two tin pots together in a small concrete room - repetitive, strenuous, and prone to give you a headache.
Well, I'm usually on the other side of the fence to you guys, but if we all agreed, there's be nothing to talk about. And Rob was flying the banner alone on the last WTC post. Does he sleep?

You may be right, no point endlessly repeating what's already been said. And if I wanted to piss you off, I'd say that groove quantasising was for people who can't be bothered to program properly. :P

Only kidding about Pakistan, but I'd be up for taking out walthamstow.

M. Bréqs

Post by M. Bréqs » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:17 pm

andydes wrote: Well, I'm usually on the other side of the fence to you guys, but if we all agreed, there's be nothing to talk about. And Rob was flying the banner alone on the last WTC post. Does he sleep?
The WTC issue is one that I usually read but don't comment on. I find that I don't know enough to contribute anything intelligent on it, so I stay on receive mode. Robo seems to have it in hand. But honestly, I'm a fence sitter on that issue for now.
andydes wrote: You may be right, no point endlessly repeating what's already been said. And if I wanted to piss you off, I'd say that groove quantasising was for people who can't be bothered to program properly. :P
8O !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Them's fightin words!

;)

andydes

Post by andydes » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:19 pm

Ooh, something wrong with the quoting on the last one, was Breqs that said that bit. Not mad enough to have a conversation with myself just yet..

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:14 pm

Don't hate on other people because they are of another race/nationality/species....

I don't hate anybody, unless they really piss me off or something. :wink:

My point is.... it doesn't make much sense to stop my grandmother from taking her pepto-bismol on the plane. But it does make sense to take a second look at some guy named Abu with a student visa. Sorry if that offends any of you.... but it's a simple fact that we are being threatened by islamic terrorists.

If I was a muslim, and I was being searched more closely than the old white lady next to me in line at the metal detector.... frankly, I wouldn't get all riled up. I would understand. Yeah, stereotypes suck.... but the lives and safety of people has to take priority over hurting some people's feelings.
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)
Korg Zero 8 mixer/soundcard/MIDI

fraq

Post by fraq » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:59 pm

Meef Chaloin wrote:
fraq wrote:
kineticUk wrote: agree...thats seriously offensive and you sound like a racist.
I've gotta say, I hate racists as much as you hate arabs. If I got the chance I'd invade racists countries and bomb the fuc* out of them all, just like you bomb the fuc* out of arabs.
Lets not forget why a mid 20's male arab is more likely a threat (You Fuc*ed their shi* up big style, bombed their children and Fuc*ed their mother)
But then you probably hate all of them arabs, I mean they are all terrorists aren't they.
So how come you're not a racist? You just said the same thing, except you're wringing your hands and making excuses for it.
never heard of sarcasm?
I guess not...
Sorry, but I don't read the section that I made bold as sarcasm. Only the last sentence. It's funny that you say that, as it wasn't your quote.

djarum

Post by djarum » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:58 pm

forge

Post by forge » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:20 am

djarum wrote:Image
:lol: :lol:

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:45 am

I was waiting and waiting for DJAdonis to pick up on my South Park reference.....

Cartman: "I would never kill anybody..... unless they really pissed me off."

:lol:
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)
Korg Zero 8 mixer/soundcard/MIDI

stinky

Post by stinky » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:06 am

forge wrote:
djarum wrote:Image
:lol: :lol:
Is it me, or does the guy in the picture look like a midget? Or is it a dwarf? I can never tell. Anyways, besides your friendly neighborhood arab, the guys at security should be on the lookout for any midgets (or is it dwarfs) with inflatable airplanes in their luggage! (<--- I don't think this is even close to PC, but it sure highlights the irony) And now back to your regularly scheduled progamming.
The Talented Mr Stinky.

Live Racks Abe-Wiki

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:12 am

Stinky I think you're responding to the so-called "Hobbit Conditioning". Any hairline like that seen in the 20th century causes the human eye to percieve the subject as a hobbit. Little understood phenomena.

stinky

Post by stinky » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:15 am

Pitch Black wrote:Stinky I think you're responding to the so-called "Hobbit Conditioning". Any hairline like that seen in the 20th century causes the human eye to percieve the subject as a hobbit. Little understood phenomena.
Well, you must be the expert, coming from NZ, so i'll take your word for it..

ps, i bet you guys never had an incling before the LOTR movies, that you would become as synonymous with Hobbits, as the Irish are to Leprechauns
The Talented Mr Stinky.

Live Racks Abe-Wiki

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:15 am

stinky wrote:Well, you must be the expert
No, but I could represent my country in DVD Extras trivia.
And I was in a crowd of 10,000 cricket fans that did Orc chanting for Two Towers. That was wicked fun.

oh yahh, i've done voicework with Peter Jackson yaaah... :wink: :lol:

pilcrow

Re: terror plot

Post by pilcrow » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:41 pm

john gordon wrote:its funny how every other country,but the u.s. has been thrawting all these terror plots.is our homeland security even awake these days.if it wasnt for these other countries helping us we would have blown up by now.kind of ironic.
Well, to be fair, it was a Brit-grown plot, right? Seems like they'd be fairly involved in the thwarting.