All times are UTC

Post subject: iMic doesn't work???
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:15 am 
After dealing with the frustration of trying to find a laptop audio card for my Powerbook G4 550 that will work in OSX I've decided to just spend $35 and order a Griffin iMic for now and buy something better when it's available. I've read in a few posts that people are having trouble using it as an input. That's why I bought the stupid thing! Without the input it's the same as the mini-jack already on my computer! Please don't tell me that it's not going to work.

Post subject: imic
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 3:19 pm 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I haven't been able to get mine to work as an input in os x, only in 9. I haven't got round to installing the live 1.5 beta yet so maybe that'll make a difference. I can't really understand why the input doesn't show up in live, because os x itself recognises it (in the speech section of system prefs). let me know how you get on with yours...

ps, on the plus side the output sounds much better than the built-in one.

Post subject: aagghh..
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:57 pm 
great. what a nightmare. it's funny that yours only works in 9 because i've been just playing around whistling and talking into the built in mic on the powerbook and IT only works in X. what a mess. i guess we'll see what happens.

Post subject: iMic doesn't work???
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 9:31 am 
The problem you are having with the iMic should be fixed in the upcoming 1.5 version of Live, which will be available by the end of April (at the latest). If you can't wait, you might try the public beta version of 1.5. Note, however, that the current beta version still contains serious bugs.

Stefan Haller
Ableton AG

Post subject: screw it...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 5:08 pm 
i've changed my mind once again and will be buying an emi 2|6 today and i'll have to return the iMic. i really want to take advantage of the pre-listening plus the emi is the only one i've read of people actually having good results with live and reason. so i'm doing that. and i'll just have to wait for OSX drivers like everybody else.