pooped phone outs on lappy! Audigy & asio4all OK?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
MrSleep

pooped phone outs on lappy! Audigy & asio4all OK?

Post by MrSleep » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:18 pm

im in turkey for the next 5 months and i cant find any ECHO Audio dealers here to get their venerable Ingigo IO.

i dont want a dangling affair thingy, just a card thats gonna go in to the PCMCIA slot and give me phone outs on the run.

I was happy with the onboard sound so Im not that picky long as it gives me low latency vsti performance.

I dont have a credit card so i cant purchase from overseas.
cutting a long story short my only options here is to go Audigy 2 ZS PCMCIA so any over here having good performance with Live please shoot me a response would apreciate your experience very much!

Ive googled around and been getting mixed reports some saying crackles at the beginning and at the end of the samples and something to do with a locked 48khz sample rate lagging the whole thing down (I didnt get that bit) long as it replces the onbaord ac97 with vst performcane and works with asio4all im fine and not all that puffed about sound quality at the moment.

cheers & thanks in advance!
hurry up.... mr squigle....

MrSleep

Post by MrSleep » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:00 pm

was it something i said? :o

MrSleep

Post by MrSleep » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:31 pm

DONT BUY IT!!!! :x

MrSleep

Post by MrSleep » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:07 pm

i try to get this card working with only the WDM driver together with asio4all and got intermittent spikes crackles pops.

i try with minimal installation driver only with Creative ASIO. same. spikes..

i install the complete drivers with all the shit that comes with it and i still got the spikes!!!
but when i enabled "EQ" (flat frequency). that got rid of the spikes for a while but then after installing asio4all made everything solid and all the pops went away!

so i removed everything and kept only the EQ & Surround Mixer. the clicks/pops came back!

then i installed all the additional stuff again. now it works fine.

its possible to get it working. but its a wierd affair.

people have also complained about the The Tunnel Effect quality of this card with its Tinny Harsh midrange (AFAIK experinced on headphones) and others dissed them for being audiophile fanatics..

the fix = Switch to "Desktop Speaker Mode" or "2.1 Speaker" when using with headphones.

I have also noticed that when swiching from "Advanced 24/96/192khz" to "Standard 16bit" I will need to revert back to Headphone mode for Headphone use!

I still constantly get intermittent clicks & pops when listening to winamp & the DVD Audio player (both supplied by creative including music) in 24/192khz but switching to 24/96 (for DVD Audio) solves the clicks.

winamp still gets the intermittent clicks/spikes and the only solution for that is revert to windows media player.

but within Live. its working sweet now.

if you want more ins at outs, buy at own risk!

choose ECHO IO or DJ if that coniguration is sufficent!