STOLEN

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
dodgyedgy

STOLEN

Post by dodgyedgy » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:41 am

at 5am yesterday moring while myself and my family were asleep upstairs, a person entered our property by forcing a window at the back and stole my MACBOOK PRO, my camera, my mobile phone, and my sons PSP.

Keep that shit locked down people. Yesterday was a horrendous day. Hopefully the insurance will pay out, but you never know with those bastards.

:cry:

tokyojoe69

Post by tokyojoe69 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:43 am

Sorry to hear that man!!! Hope you get some cash back for it, did you lose much data?

Krugger

Post by Krugger » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:58 am

December 5th last year, i forgot to close the window in the lounge and went to bed around 2am.

I got robbed while my gfriend and I were sleeping. But it's a single level flat and they had to be really quiet. So they couldn't take anything too big and basically took wallet, jewellery, MP3 player, some DVDs, CDs, my XBOX and my bag to carry the lot.

My whole music setup was left untouched as well as the TV/DVD.

The insurance did pay as despite leaving the window open, we were in the house and you have all the right to leave your window open. I got the money back within 3 weeks which was good - right before Xmas!

While it did mean that post-Xmas, all the stuff we lost were back and brand NEW (which is nice), the downside is that the Police warned us about the area and pretty much told us "As you're renting, I'd advise you to find another area if you can afford it"
See, we picked this flat cause it was cheap and allowed me to save further cash towards buying my house - but there was a price to pay.

We gave our notice on the same day and moved 3 weeks later - 2 days before Xmas.
Xmas was indeed better in a new property (and on the 2nd floor!)
Kr.

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:20 pm

thats why i don't think i could ever go without owning a big dog!

these 2 can recognize my wifes car more then 2 minuets before she pulls in the driveway
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

frisbeedisk

Post by frisbeedisk » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:51 pm

Thats fucking shite...dirty junkie bastards...Hope the insurance works out!!

Needs2Know

Post by Needs2Know » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:03 pm

i live in a bad area and need to start backing up my HD with an external and putting it in a saftey deposit box before I go off on 4 day trips. i got renters insurance and an alarm system but getting the insurance to pay and being down in the studio for weeks to months is not really something i want to do.

having two dogs like that mike is a good idea too. too bad i cant have pets because im always leaving home for days at a time.
LOGIC PRO 7.2 w/ G4 1.67 1.5G RAM . Mac OSX 10.4.8, LIVE 6.0, Virus TI Keyboard, Korg EMX1, AXIOM 25 and Keystation Pro 88 midi controllers, Midisport 2x2 midi interface, UltraLite audio interface and 1 Rode NT3 mic "check, check".

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:11 pm

I've been robbed twice and have unfortunately developed a bit of a nervous twitch about the whole thing. Sometimes if I go out for an evening I become convinced everything has gone again.

the first time I was robbed was while I was away for a week the burglars not only took my guitars& instruments and computer but everything else too. The carpet, all my photographs, all the food in the kitchen, my clothes, everything in fact - including the toilet brush!

All I had left was the dirty laundry I brought back from my trip.

So I feel for you, but as I had to say back then "it's just stuff" , it could have been a lot worse if you or your family became involved in a confrontation.

Atomikat

Post by Atomikat » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:09 pm

mike holiday wrote:thats why i don't think i could ever go without owning a big dog!

these 2 can recognize my wifes car more then 2 minuets before she pulls in the driveway
But they can eat your laptop ,too. :twisted:

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:26 pm

Glad your insurance has got you covered.

Thieving scum like that need putting down like a rabid dog. Or at least have their hands removed.

It's one reason that I keep an off-site copy of my drives (apart from fire, water damage, etc).

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:51 pm

hambone1 wrote:Thieving scum like that need putting down like a rabid dog. Or at least have their hands removed.
ignorant idiot :roll:
HA HA HA :twisted:

dm_hawk

Post by dm_hawk » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:19 am

dodgyedgy-

damn! i'm sorry to hear about that.
what city do you live in - if you don't mind my asking...
..... . . . . . . . . .

EEkevin

Post by EEkevin » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:30 am

Yeah, that seriously sucks. Glad you and yours weren't hurt aside from the stuff that was taken.
"He had become his real old self again and could look you in the face."

Patch

Post by Patch » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:07 am

mercyplease wrote:
hambone1 wrote: Thieving scum like that need putting down like a rabid dog. Or at least have their hands removed.

ignorant idiot :roll:
Um... What?!? Are you sticking up for people that chose to come in your house while you sleep and steal from you?!?

brightonalex

Post by brightonalex » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:13 am

KRUGGER: Where were you living?

My guess - Dalston!

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:27 am

I wouldn't hesitate in neutralizing an intruder... no matter how inner-city economically depraved his situation, or how desperately he needed his next fix.

The dogs thing is cool. Maybe I'll wire a 120dB Doberman sound to be triggered from the alarm sensor outside!