LIVE 3 feature Q: Clip Automation Recording template?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
0zilch0

LIVE 3 feature Q: Clip Automation Recording template?

Post by 0zilch0 » Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:32 am

I know that the clip automation will be retained when you drag a new sample into a clip slot but is it possible in live 3 to have preset clip automation applied to a recording track so you could say, record a gutiar riff and have it start looping immeadiately after recording and have filter or pitch sweep automation you set up in advance (not in real time but after the recording has completed? Amazing live madness could result from this (not to mention a killer demoing trick, record you voice then listen to the mangled echos).

Also when you do the above mentioned draging of a sample on to a clip of a different length does the length of the sequence change relatively or is it static. and how about the ability to double or halve the timing of the automation similar to those handy buttons under the original tempo field in the warp section of the clip view.

I would beta test but I'm trying to put together a bunch of material and I can't afford to be sidetracked by a billion new mad ideas inspired by sexy new toys. Soon though ssoooonnn my preecciousss.

Aaron Zilch
erectionforoffsetmodulation

Per Boysen

Post by Per Boysen » Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:14 pm

YES! I want the commands "save envelope" and "open envelope" and they should be reachable over midi. I also want to reach "those handy buttons under the original tempo field in the warp section" over midi. I'm doing this (toggling between Half Speed and Full Speed) with my hardware Gibson Echoplex and it's a killer effect for sound mangling!!! CAn't be that hard to strech out the midi/key map mode also to the clip view?
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com