Yamaha 01X Emulation Enhancement Request

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
chris_dan

Yamaha 01X Emulation Enhancement Request

Post by chris_dan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:47 pm

Us 01x users should submit an enhancement request to Ableton to escalate the 01x emulation. They have over 30 emulations in L6 but no 01X. I just recently saw a request for the uc33e emulation and it was added within a week....WTF! If there are enough 01x/Ableton users I can't see why they wouldn't add the 01x emulation within a week as well...It's numbers game and the 01x is not the most popular controller in relation to other players.
Chris

Gluon

Post by Gluon » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:22 pm

Here here...

help us unleash the full power of this thing... enough of having to do what we do today:

MackieControl emulation in live, cubase emulation in 01x and midi translators to get the mapping done...

stutter

Post by stutter » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:13 pm

can you not set up the midi from an 01x to mirror that of an MCU? always thought they looked like a pretty good option price-wise.

chris_dan

Post by chris_dan » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:03 am

Gluon wrote:Here here...

help us unleash the full power of this thing... enough of having to do what we do today:

MackieControl emulation in live, cubase emulation in 01x and midi translators to get the mapping done...

Hi Gluon,

You didn't mention the above in the post that I just replied to but based on the above it sounds like you know what's happening.

As far as an emulation for the 01x from Ableton is concerned I wouldn't hold your breath waiting. Don't get me wrong as I'm more that satisfied with Ableton and their products. And again don't get me wrong as I'm not a Trekie but in the words of Spock with his melting face pressed up against the glass reactor wall.."the needs of the few out weigh the needs of the many".
Chris