i feel limited in live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jerryroy

i feel limited in live

Post by jerryroy » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:33 pm

i dont know why but i feel limited in live because of there limited sounds. not like fl studio or reason

anonymouse

Post by anonymouse » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:51 pm

version 6 will introduce the ability to use VSTs and Samples.

It should thus introduce a potentially unlimited sound palette.

mike holiday

Re: i feel limited in live

Post by mike holiday » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:01 am

jerryroy wrote:i dont know why but i feel limited in live because of there limited sounds. not like fl studio or reason

you can use any sonds you want in live... therefore there are unlimited sounds.. you are only limited by your sample library and your imagination
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:04 am

anonymouse wrote:version 6 will introduce the ability to use VSTs and Samples.

It should thus introduce a potentially unlimited sound palette.
:lol:

mean but funny

jerryroy

Post by jerryroy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:14 am

you can use any sonds you want in live... therefore there are unlimited sounds.. you are only limited by your sample library and your imagination
well i have sum good sounds im talking lives own sample library an the operator its such a waste to me

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:30 am

take some of those samples, mangle the hell out of them, bounce to another track, drop them into Impulse or Simpler and you have all new sounds. Sounds more like you're in a creative rut, keep pushing, you'll get out of it.

Try this: Take the vinyl noise generator in Live (I forget the name), turn up the effect and send it to other tracks. In the other tracks put beat repeats, resonators, delays, autopans, whatever and see what kinds of sounds you can get from static. (hint, you can get a lot). Resample and re-use.

There are also tons of free plug-ins out there, check my signature for a link to a thread with more info.

VSTS and samples in Live 6!! SWEET! I'm just glad they're not including a step sequencer, that would really suck, how useless would THAT be?

yourmom

Post by yourmom » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:36 am

jerryroy wrote:
well i have sum good sounds im talking lives own sample library an the operator its such a waste to me
why are you relying so heavily in soundbanks included with your DAW? THAT is whats such a waste. theyre okay to lean on every once in a while, but to base your decision on whether or not to use the software by the sampleset it comes with is... well.. just isnt being creative.

njh

Post by njh » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:37 am

i also feel limited with live. my reason is because its an unstable piece of junk when it comes to recording audio. and its not my hardware it is live.
i am working on a song with only 8 audio tracks and get drop outs so bad that the music will just stop playing and i will have to restart live. to me this is some thing i would expect freeware to do but not a program that cost 399.00.
maybe live 6 will be better.. im starting not to care since live 5 is so bad.
i never have these problems when im just using midi and samples but, when i record my own tracks and play them back live becomes almost useless. on top of that every edit takes so long to make due to the slow copy functions when zoomed in on a track.
i have read that the zoom thing has been fixed in live 6 but at this momement i dont care. i am really starting to think live for midi pro tools for audio. it shouldnt be this way.. i should be able to use one program for both, especialy when the program is suppose to do both.

longjohns

Post by longjohns » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:03 am

that's funny. 8 tracks audio here = 6% cpu

friendselectric

Post by friendselectric » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:08 am

njh wrote:i am working on a song with only 8 audio tracks and get drop outs so bad that the music will just stop playing and i will have to restart live..
yeah i get the same trouble with only 6 audio tracks and almost no fx... it makes it alost impossible to use for writing... also the timing of the audio tracks drift out of time with each other,,,

!!!
"Find the others, find the others"
Timothy Leary

jackobyte

Post by jackobyte » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:29 am

friendselectric wrote:
njh wrote:i am working on a song with only 8 audio tracks and get drop outs so bad that the music will just stop playing and i will have to restart live..
yeah i get the same trouble with only 6 audio tracks and almost no fx... it makes it alost impossible to use for writing... also the timing of the audio tracks drift out of time with each other,,,

!!!
What audio interface do you guys use? What operating system? Is your system optimized for audio? Have you defragged your hard drive? Do you have Anti-virus running with on-acess scanning? These are only a few reasons why this would be happening, I'd get onto ableton support, they'll give you loads of tips and if it's XP you are using there are loads of ways to optimize it for audio......

the_viirus

Post by the_viirus » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:49 am

man....live sucks!!!
it wont write music for me!!!!

:P :P

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:50 am

You're only limited by your own imagination and abilities...

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:03 am

friendselectric wrote:

!!!
No, that's not Live, your systems are screwed. I'm at 17% with 10 tracks all FX and lots of quick edits..... And my system is a ($550) budget system.
"I spent my life, laughing, wondering if crazy people even realized that they're crazy.......then one day, I realized..." - Flippa

bgone

Post by bgone » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:30 am

Man...This program sucks! I can't use a program with such crappy demo songs! :roll: