ot/ dumbos of America

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:44 pm

marky wrote: The fact that nearly half of the American population apparently believes this, purely on the basis of religious dogma, should be considered a moral and intellectual emergency
word.

Bush is one of them, to the bone. 8O

Zerobae

Post by Zerobae » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:53 pm

deva wrote:We crucify those that tell the truth, then idolize them when they are safely dead so their message can be corrupted to serve the ends of power.
Aaah, every now and then it's a nice feeling to read a basic truth like this put in such straight forward words. Thanks!

dj superflat

Post by dj superflat » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:55 pm

the best song ever? you serious? what's the onion story about the guy who always sits down at the piano and starts playing imagine to show how sensitive he is?

Jesus Christ

Post by Jesus Christ » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:59 pm

Zerobae wrote:
deva wrote:We crucify those that tell the truth, then idolize them when they are safely dead so their message can be corrupted to serve the ends of power.
Aaah, every now and then it's a nice feeling to read a basic truth like this put in such straight forward words. Thanks!

Tell me about it

By the way, I am probably the only politically liberal, long haired, tripped-out, hippie you'll never know

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:07 pm

dj superflat wrote:the best song ever? you serious? what's the onion story about the guy who always sits down at the piano and starts playing imagine to show how sensitive he is?
Area Man Plays 'Imagine' Every Time He Sees A Piano

March 6, 2002 | Issue 38•08

SALEM, OR— Friends of Bill Moreland expressed irritation Monday over the 29-year-old's habit of playing John Lennon's "Imagine" whenever a piano is in sight. "It's like this desperate grab for attention he tries to pass off as totally casual," friend Alan Carter said. "He'll sit down at the piano with this really deep look on his face, then launch into those really simple first few bars, expecting everyone to be amazed and moved." Friends say the habit has persisted since Moreland was in the fifth grade, when he switched to "Imagine" from the Jaws theme.

i do the same shit. only with "november rain" and "stairway to heaven".
cheers,
drew

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:09 pm

dj superflat wrote:the best song ever? you serious? what's the onion story about the guy who always sits down at the piano and starts playing imagine to show how sensitive he is?
I knew I'd catch shit for that. I play it on guitar (wife sings it) and you how fucking sensitive I am, sometimes I even help the old ladies up after sucker punching them. I was just thinking about it one day and I think IMO that's the best written song, not that I want to listen to it all the time, I just think it's really well done. Until I think of another one, that's my vote.

but that's another thread (that will go nowhere)... Hijack?

Jesus Christ - you're killing me!!

bstalz

Post by bstalz » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:32 pm

knotkranky wrote:Rent "The Corporation" if you haven't already. Great!

Below is the trailer and the full movie. This is one to own.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... orporation Trailer

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... orporation full length movie
I saw this in a theater... it kinda goes on and over and over itself a bit too much... needs a little editing. The message is there, but the points are easier to make faster than they do.

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:34 pm

knotkranky wrote:Yeah, Chavez is funny. Even his U.N. buddies called him entertaining yesterday, so they don't take him seriously. Nobody does.

This is funny

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 3&q=chavez
Do some research kranky. We need voices like him that are not threatened by that dictator bush and his henchmen. Chaves should be given a medal.
Seriously go and research what Chaves is doing for the people of Venezuela. You will find the people are far happier and have a much more positive outlook on life unlike the us population where the population are Ignorant, constantly told what to do and have their liberties stripped away, and most of all are told to fear terrorism. The us is not alone this is happening in the Uk and in Europe and the scary thing is the masses are buying it.

Chaves and his countymen are no idiots.
HA HA HA :twisted:

kennerb

Post by kennerb » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:52 pm

marky wrote:Quote from the back of the new Sam Harris book ..
Forty-four percent of the American population is convinced that Jesus will return to judge the living and the dead sometime in the next fifty years. According to the most common interpretation of biblical prophecy, Jesus will return only after things have gone horribly awry here on earth.

It is, therefore, not an exaggeration to say that if the city of New York were suddenly replaced by a ball of fire, some significant percentage of the American population would see a silver lining in the subsequent mushroom cloud, as it would suggest to them that the best thing that is ever going to happen was about to happen—the return of Christ. It should be blindingly obvious that beliefs of this sort will do little to help us create a durable future for ourselves—socially, economically, environmentally, or geopolitically.

Imagine the consequences if any significant component of the U.S. government actually believed that the world was about to end and that its ending would be glorious. The fact that nearly half of the American population apparently believes this, purely on the basis of religious dogma, should be considered a moral and intellectual emergency

This whole belief has really been making me very uncomfortable. It has been my feeling for a while now that the extreme Christians out there believe that the coming is near and in fact are trying to facilitate it by stirring shit up in the middle east. That's what Revelations says at least. Sort of self fulfilling. And what better way to be a soldier of Christ than to be the head of a war against the muslims and other non-christians.

In fact that has been something that has got me about the whole die and go to heaven thing. Most Christians believe that this place is practically hell and is here only as a testing ground for us. We are stewards of this land and can do what we want with it. . Heaven is perfect so what happens to this planet is irrelevant.

Not a very good conservationist attitude if you ask me.
3ghz Pentium 4 (Prescott), XP Sp2, 1gig Ram, Dual Monitor with Matrox Millenium, MOTU Traveler, Event EZ8 Adat card. Also IBM THinkpad t40 1.6 1 gig ram

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:13 pm

jackmazzotti wrote:
he called our president the devil in our own country
he is a low class thug
and dummies follow him because they don't bush
i suppose you can do or say anything as long as you don't like bush

in fact the entire libreral drivel is nothing more than bush bashing
heck if bush wasn't in power they wouldn't have anything to say at all (would almost would have been a good enough reason for me not to have voted for him)
1. your president is Spawn of the Devils tarnished sperm
2. he is the worst class of thug
3. total dumbos like you follow him blissfully to their own destruction
4. You cant protest in your country, your freedoms are vanishing
5. Bush bashing is tame what it should be.
6. If Bush werent in power hundreds of thousands would still be alive today
7. He wasnt voted, he stole the election
8. He is a dicatator
9. He bases his model on the worst tyrants of history
10. The usa is now Nazi germany circa 1933

YOU THINK TO PUT YOUR COUNTRY_MEN IN A CONSTANT STATE OF FEAR IS COOL! you cant originaly be from Boston. Im betting Texas or some other backward inbred region maybe Tuepelo Missisipi or something.

I took your ill informed and totally ignorant comments of Chaves and transfer them to Bush. read it and then tell me you have a democracy loving president.
I can also say I really dont like you. Your a total stupid fucker who deserves neither liberty or freedom NAZI!!
HA HA HA :twisted:

dj superflat

Post by dj superflat » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:29 pm

for those freaked out by the christian desire for apocalypse, are you similarly freaked out by muslim desire for jihad, war against the west, etc.?

as for november rain, bold call, i like it. but i go with the purple rain myself. and where the hell is chinese democracy? only 15 years late or so.

dhilsabeck

Post by dhilsabeck » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:34 pm

[quote="dj superflat"
as for november rain, bold call, i like it. but i go with the purple rain myself. and where the hell is chinese democracy? only 15 years late or so.[/quote]

purple rain, beautiful

and i think chinese democracy will be well worth the wait.

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:36 pm

I'm pretty much an isolationist, I'm not freaked out by jihad in or from other countries. I also don't like to see fundamentalist religous influences I see in my daily life, on the street, in conversation or on TV. US citizens can do a LOT more to destroy their own country than infidels, like brainwash their children into hate.

'No Stairway!? Denied!'
Last edited by DeadlyKungFu on Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kennerb

Post by kennerb » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:38 pm

dj superflat wrote:for those freaked out by the christian desire for apocalypse, are you similarly freaked out by muslim desire for jihad, war against the west, etc.?

as for november rain, bold call, i like it. but i go with the purple rain myself. and where the hell is chinese democracy? only 15 years late or so.
Speaking only for myself. I probably would be just as uncomfortable with Jihad if I were more familiar with the Islamic texts. My point is that their attitude itself and not the "pending doom and apocalypse" are what scare me. Yeah any religious zealot who thinks that this planet is here for their use to waste and not respect would raise the same anxiety in me. Any one person who claims that they have Gods intention and wisdom on their side has me feeling just as anxious. No matter what god they are referring to. Anyone that says they know what happens after we die is a liar. Simple as that.
3ghz Pentium 4 (Prescott), XP Sp2, 1gig Ram, Dual Monitor with Matrox Millenium, MOTU Traveler, Event EZ8 Adat card. Also IBM THinkpad t40 1.6 1 gig ram

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:41 pm

kennerb wrote:Anyone that says they know what happens after we die is a liar. Simple as that.
Worm food. Am I lying?