HEADPHONES?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
muscleandhate

Post by muscleandhate » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:12 pm

Yeah so hit the HD25's, you won't be disappointed.

chewy

Re: HEADPHONES?

Post by chewy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:55 pm

BassTooth wrote:i use the Audio-Technica ATH-M30. used to use Sony MDR-V700 until they frigin' snapped on that little swivel point thingie(the AT are older and lasted way longer). i kind of miss the Sony's although they were kind of uncomfortable.

preferences anybody? soup cans instead? cell phone?

~chewy
I like trance.

Apple Macbook Pro 2010 13inch, Windows 7 64bit, no OSX, Live 7.

Miguex

Post by Miguex » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:59 pm

muscleandhate wrote:Fuck Sony headphones, despite looking quite good most people I talk to say they break within months.
I don't know what exactly you mean by: they look good. they are actually kind of bulky, If I wanted looks I would probably get something else. But it looks like most people you talk to, use their headphones as knee pads while skateboarding,

I had mine for years, and they are standing strong today, I even have a pair still from highschool and they still work! (probably 8 years ago). I am not saying the have the best sound, because I think there is way better stuff out there, but that they last strong for a long time.. well, I will tell you exactly how long they last when one of mine breaks, hows that?

;)

rasputin

Post by rasputin » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:59 pm

I think people may minimize how individuals' own hearing may affect how they like speakers and headphones. For my taste, even though I used MDR-7506s for years, they were a little bassy and "cluttered" in the midrange. May translate to crisp mixes though.

Go to http://www.headphone.com/; they have complete and honest reviews of many phones of several brands and seem honest even though they sell phones.

I have a Sennheiser HD-580 I bought largely after reading their reviews. If you're OK with an open-back phone it's a good choice. (I probably should have ordered it from them as B&H Photo/Video had not very good service.)

r.