off topic: a discusting macintosh LIE!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Johnisfaster

off topic: a discusting macintosh LIE!

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:59 am

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... =macs+suck

ok I'm not going to try and start a debate here, debates are not necessary. but this is a f***ing lie!!!!!

everything he says throughout the entire video is an utter lie!!!! my computer has never once shut down on me for no reason like he says. programs don't just poof and disappear. copying things off of cd's ISSSSS as simple as dragging them to the desktop. pushing the power button the computer always shuts it down.

WHAT THE F******!!!!??

this sickens me.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:03 am

and his comment on how horrible the cmd period thing is, as if that is more unusual to use than crl alt delete. come on!!!!!!!!!

AGGGHHHHHHH and his comments about losing files. AGGGHHHHH it's all lies!!!!

oh my god... I'm sorry....... this just enfuriates me.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:10 am

come on, that's just a joke.
don't be touchy.

robin

Post by robin » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:23 am

It's just a p*sstake on those super smug Apple ads. I wouldn't sweat about it.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:25 am

the apple adds are smug but at least they don't lie, I was searching on google for this video and there are tons of windows users out there that think "oh wow, I didn't know mac sucked that much"

robin

Post by robin » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:26 am

Johnisfaster wrote:the apple adds are smug but at least they don't lie, I was searching on google for this video and there are tons of windows users out there that think "oh wow, I didn't know mac sucked that much"
Meh, let them think that. Their loss ;)

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:39 am

This video is a couple years old as well I believe. at least. I was wondering the first time I saw it if he was maybe talking about OS9, which when I used it was pretty damn unstable. And then OSX was a bit unstable for a while too.

Us mac users didn't always have it as good as we do now, but obviously it's a bit exaggerated. for humour. I certainly do remember a lot of weirdness in OS9 though.
Professional Shark Jumper.

stale bread

Post by stale bread » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:44 am

first of all apple got threatened by litigation because of telling lies so you might want to start looking at your computer as a computer instead of the dalybuddah, or is that the buddah lama....anyway, second...why on earth would you take that so seriously
Mac, Mpc, and a Microphone

Thanks for the Slicer Abe.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:48 am

my reaction to the video has nothing to do with whether I like mac or not. it has to do with the fact that I know he's lying because I've used macs personally and everything he said in the video was in fact a lie. I don't like lying. that is the point.

and the other reason I am taking it so seriously is cause alot of people out there see this and think "wow, I had no idea macs were so terrible" as I said earlier. which I think is horrible.

it's upsetting to see people lying.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:49 am

stale bread wrote:first of all apple got threatened by litigation because of telling lies
I'm curious, what lies were they telling?

and I don't think macs are infalable (spelling?) but I don't like seeing lies being told about anything.[/i]

stale bread

Post by stale bread » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:55 am

i don't agree with you. (not the lying part, that is not good) but pc users don't really care, I can't believe you haven't noticed it's one of the biggest differences between the platform cultures, mac users like macs pc users by whatever works for them and for the most part not out of over zealous loyalties.
another example, there are more pc users who've used macs per ratio than mac users who've used pcs. no no no I don't have hard data to support that but it looks to be that way, could be wrong. I know lots of pc users like myself who've used macs. I've had 3 macs myself as well as sony dell and toshiba.
there's no ilife that goes along with a pc so pretty much if it works we'll use it and when it stops working we'll use something else.

stale bread

Post by stale bread » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:59 am

:lol: don't worry my spelling is shit worse than yours,,, if memory serves me correctly it was something about their benchmark claims, i'm sure somebody around here knows better than i do though.
you know you don't see commercials about how pcs are better than macs, that should tell you something, like to most pc users it doesn't matter or surely those advertising boardrooms would be doing the same stuff apple does if they thought it would work on their audience.

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:03 am

'if you know what you're doing you can undelete anything with DOS.' DOS has been gone for like a decade

I'm a PC guy who cops attitude at Macs every chance I get but there was no substance to that whatsoever.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:07 am

wait, I thought dos was still around in pc's ?

stale bread

Post by stale bread » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:14 am

its still around in shell mode, but my whole point is.... most pc users don't care