Richie took a bit to much ketamine I think :)

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
hoffman2k
Posts: 14717
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:02 pm

Image

mooncaine
Posts: 330
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:22 pm

Post by mooncaine » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:10 pm

DeadlyKungFu wrote:and you have a problem with weirdos?

<insert mooncaine's sig pic>
:D I built that pic from another fellow 'weirdo' on this forum. Finally, someone commented on it! These things are like bumper stickers. I think it's about time I took that one down, but thanks for the 'weirdo' vote. LOL.

leisuremuffin
Posts: 4721
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by leisuremuffin » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:45 pm

Spikee wrote:
leisuremuffin wrote:and besides, again, who fucking cares? I love how some folks who are sober think that drugs are the worst thing ever. Newsflash, people, not everybody who uses drugs ruins their lives, dies of an overdose, or loses mental acuity. One can live their entire life using drugs recreationally and achieve great things. Hmmm, how about Alex Shulgin? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Shulgin His entire life's work hinges on experimenting with psychedelic drugs and he has lived to a ripe old age, is happy, and certainly doesnt seem to be a "burnout."
Yeah, who cares that Ritchie collapsed due to intoxication at a gig, in front of his fans. I mean REALLY -- who doesn't do that shit? That's completely normal, I go into work all of the time smashed. It pisses my boss off sometimes because he pays me and counts on me but fuck him, it's all about SPIKEE. Yeah, I'm glad Ritchie knows how to have fun, and I find it quite refreshing that he doesn't give a fuck who he pisses off or disappoints. It's so hard these days to be your own man, what with responsibilities and what-not but Ritchie's doing it quite well. I'm sure that after that gig he knew some fans were ticked that he was acting like a straight-up junkie lush but he has the balls to say fuck'em! I got paid, what the fuck is your problem?

Yeah LeisureMuffin you're right, thanks for adding some well-deserved balance to this conversation. And for any of you that are disappointed because you look up to Ritchie or find it uncomfortable to watch a guy go out of his wits, then screw you.

/sarcasm

That's ridiculous. Did you look around the room? The fucking sun was up, and it was a small party. I don't think anybody paid to get into that room, and if they did, the part of the party they paid for was over a loooooooong time ago.


And i don't really give a shit about Ritchie. I think his stuff is good, but i don't own any of it. I've seen him dj a few times and wouldn't mind seeing it again, though..
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

leisuremuffin
Posts: 4721
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by leisuremuffin » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:49 pm

Meef Chaloin wrote:perhaps he was faking it or just ducking down to do a line or suck a cock...i mean he doesnt collapse or lose consciousness 8)

Who fucking knows, it was a 30 second video clip...



.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

Spikee
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by Spikee » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:06 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:
Spikee wrote:
leisuremuffin wrote:and besides, again, who fucking cares? I love how some folks who are sober think that drugs are the worst thing ever. Newsflash, people, not everybody who uses drugs ruins their lives, dies of an overdose, or loses mental acuity. One can live their entire life using drugs recreationally and achieve great things. Hmmm, how about Alex Shulgin? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Shulgin His entire life's work hinges on experimenting with psychedelic drugs and he has lived to a ripe old age, is happy, and certainly doesnt seem to be a "burnout."
Yeah, who cares that Ritchie collapsed due to intoxication at a gig, in front of his fans. I mean REALLY -- who doesn't do that shit? That's completely normal, I go into work all of the time smashed. It pisses my boss off sometimes because he pays me and counts on me but fuck him, it's all about SPIKEE. Yeah, I'm glad Ritchie knows how to have fun, and I find it quite refreshing that he doesn't give a fuck who he pisses off or disappoints. It's so hard these days to be your own man, what with responsibilities and what-not but Ritchie's doing it quite well. I'm sure that after that gig he knew some fans were ticked that he was acting like a straight-up junkie lush but he has the balls to say fuck'em! I got paid, what the fuck is your problem?

Yeah LeisureMuffin you're right, thanks for adding some well-deserved balance to this conversation. And for any of you that are disappointed because you look up to Ritchie or find it uncomfortable to watch a guy go out of his wits, then screw you.

/sarcasm

That's ridiculous. Did you look around the room? The fucking sun was up, and it was a small party. I don't think anybody paid to get into that room, and if they did, the part of the party they paid for was over a loooooooong time ago.


And i don't really give a shit about Ritchie. I think his stuff is good, but i don't own any of it. I've seen him dj a few times and wouldn't mind seeing it again, though..
As it goes, I really don't know conclusively if Ritchie was passing out, going for a rail or just goofing around. So, I suppose that negates part of what I was saying. Whether it was AM, PM, morning or night -- I don't understand what the relevance is here...

But the rest of what I typed, that's a daily thing for me. I can't stand drug apologists, AT ALL. Sure, there are people out there that can handle their business and in their down time cut loose and hit some rails, eat schrooms, whatever... but there are a lot of people that can't, and a lot of them get sucked into a false sense of security, thinking "Well if Ricky Williams can smoke pot and rush for 1800 yards so can I" and bollocks like that. People that keep that balance, whether you want to admit it or not, are the minority. But to cite those people as to why taking drugs isn't a horrible thing is irresponsible, misguided and just plain delusional. Better living through chemistry? How about better living through manufacturing a good life without stuff that does nothing for you except alter your mental landscape? Because no matter how many drugs you take and no matter how much you beat your head in until things seem better or more enjoyable, nothing is better or more enjoyable. All you've done is found a way to escape without fixing anything, and all of that crap, all of those resentments and dysfunctions will be waiting for you when you come down. And if you're sincerely just taking drugs to have a little fun, there's no guarantee that you're not setting yourself up for some major problems.

Drugs should be like masturbation -- do whatever you want, just do it in private and keep it to yourself.

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:07 am

just to add my 2c

it was just a funny video, whatever happened

I agree with alot of what spikee said though - but only becase I know first hand how hard it can be for people who maybe dont know when to stop, when all around them the culture is geared up towards encouraging it

but it does look like the reson the vid got touted around as it was is because there were people around watching and commenting on the state of play - like that link said - "news got out quick" blah blah

anyway, I dont give a crap, what it has done for me this fine sunday arvo is prompt me to stick on "transitions" loud, pour myself a kilkenny and that dude is one damn fine producer. end of story.

mercyplease
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:22 am
Location: Sent back to hell

Post by mercyplease » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:58 pm

He was ducking down for a line of charlie. Who the fuck got the idea in to his head it was K. This forum is weird because this is the type of shit that goes on all the time. Some idiot says something and the rest of the sheep follow
Richie didnt collapse he bent down to do his deed.

Description of events

Bend down out of sight but make sure people see you for cool points
Take little bag of white and lay some on flat surface a record sleeve will do
Spread a thin or fat line about four inches long according to taste
use credit card or hotel key card to smooth out the white
Take a money note and roll in to a cone
Put end of cone in nose and while holding other nostril take a big sniff of the white.
Leave some for mates.
Continue to party
make sure video gets on Ableton forum and watch the morons criticise as they sit in their basements judging the world they never see.
HA HA HA :twisted:

bstalz
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:12 am
Location: Chapel Hill, NC

Post by bstalz » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:40 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:
Meef Chaloin wrote:perhaps he was faking it or just ducking down to do a line or suck a cock...i mean he doesnt collapse or lose consciousness 8)
Who fucking knows, it was a 30 second video clip...

.lm.
Well, had anyone checked the link in my post way back on like page 2 or 3 or something, then you'd probably read the story and seen the picture which shows Hawtin pretty conscious making out with someone on the floor... uhhh... he didn't pass out, he just went down for some lovin - hence my question - do you see anyone else go down just before he does? 8O

Then some bouncers got pissed and tried to throw him out - but then didn't so, it's mostly a non-story - except for the real story.

Teh internet. :lol:

leisuremuffin
Posts: 4721
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:45 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by leisuremuffin » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:07 pm

ahhhh, thanks for that.


Now we can look forward to 6 pages of irrational homophopbia to balance the 6 pages of irrational fear of drugs.


:wink:





.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

hambone1
Posts: 5346
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:31 pm
Location: Abu Dhabi

Post by hambone1 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:19 pm

mike@TrackTeam Audio wrote:Just got one of these. Really happy with it. the New drivers/software let you program each key. got it for 35$ so i think its a steal compare to the xkeys. also, its a little moe visual ccompared to the xkeys. The only downside i can see is that you have to have the program running while you have live running- they seem to get along very well together so far

Image
I think Mr. Hawtin accidentally pressed the 'Crouch Low' button...

dm_hawk
Posts: 673
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:01 pm
Location: Brooklyn
Contact:

Post by dm_hawk » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:46 pm

hambone1 wrote:
mike@TrackTeam Audio wrote:Just got one of these. Really happy with it. the New drivers/software let you program each key. got it for 35$ so i think its a steal compare to the xkeys. also, its a little moe visual ccompared to the xkeys. The only downside i can see is that you have to have the program running while you have live running- they seem to get along very well together so far

Image
I think Mr. Hawtin accidentally pressed the 'Crouch Low' button...
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA_HAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8O 8O 8O
:lol: :lol: :lol:
8O 8O 8O
:lol: :lol: :lol:
...oh....oh shit [catches breath]
:oops: :oops: :oops:
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA_HAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
..... . . . . . . . . .

dm_hawk
Posts: 673
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:01 pm
Location: Brooklyn
Contact:

Post by dm_hawk » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:47 pm

yeah... he was going for a nooky dive, i'll stick with that.
..... . . . . . . . . .

claudek
Posts: 1240
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 10:21 pm

Post by claudek » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:51 pm

Is the end of this video Rithie goes down to suck off the bald headed dude?
Mac G4 Quicksilver 1000GHz / Motu 828 /OSX 10.3.9
&
Mac Ibook G4 800GHz OSX 10.3.9 /Core Audio/M Audio Oxy 8
PC: ASUS 2.8 GHz P4 / XP

Live 5.02

macca
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:35 am
Location: London

Post by macca » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:03 pm

Looks more like the wee bender is going down to give a guy a BJ!! :lol:
P4 3ghz XP, Live 5.03, Reason 3, Absynth 3, 410 F/W Card, Roland Juno D, Alesis M1 Actives. DJM800 Mixer, Technics SLDZ1200, Denon S5000.

SubFunk
Posts: 7853
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: A Big Toilet Called Berlin
Contact:

Post by SubFunk » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:09 pm

mercyplease wrote:
Bend down out of sight but make sure people see you for cool points
Take little bag of white and lay some on flat surface a record sleeve will do
Spread a thin or fat line about four inches long according to taste
use credit card or hotel key card to smooth out the white
Take a money note and roll in to a cone
Put end of cone in nose and while holding other nostril take a big sniff of the white.
Leave some for mates.
Continue to party
make sure video gets on Ableton forum and watch the morons criticise as they sit in their basements judging the world they never see.
+1

jeeez i nearly pissed myself from laughter.
Leave some for mates.
classic!!, yo mate!
*** Image GAFM ***

Post Reply