(OT) Live is fun again.

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
ultrasource

(OT) Live is fun again.

Post by ultrasource » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:41 pm

I'm not sure what qualifies as off topic these days but I've had some time off work and I've been trying out different firewire interfaces to replace my m-audio 410. I haven't recorded into Live for a couple of months and it was making me sad. I am relatively poor so I couldn't go the RME route, although, I was impressed by what I heard. I bought the TC Konnekt24d. It took 4 reboots for my mac to recognize it, then would lose the link randomly. I didn't feel like putting up with that so I returned it.Next link down on the ladder was MOTU. I bought the 828mkII (would have purchased the traveler but with the side input it wouldn't fit my 4space rack bag).
I feel like I've been wasting my time for the past two years! The drivers work, my powerbook can record more than one thing at a time and I'm pretty damn happy.
I know there's better conversion out there but I am very happy to be able to use a stable product and I can't wait to add on to it.
Okay, carry on. I've got to save for the Duende.
HP L2000 | Live 5 + Operator | MOTU 828mkII | other stuff

glaive

Post by glaive » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:54 pm

I hear ya. I've got a new recording project coming up, and I'm planning on getting the 8pre.
Everybody on the One.

ultrasource

Post by ultrasource » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:07 pm

That's exactly what I'm going to add to the 828. I really wanted to wait for the 8pre to ship instead of getting the 828 but I got a great deal on it and always figured it was expandable. I sat and listened to apogees and fireface's and they are definitely better but for my bedroom studio uses... the price was right.
HP L2000 | Live 5 + Operator | MOTU 828mkII | other stuff