Help me choose my synths!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sgingras

Help me choose my synths!

Post by sgingras » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:07 pm

Just switched to to the new intel iMac yesterday, I've got all the UB free plugins I can find but it looks like I need to actually buy some software this time. Too many of my sounds cannot be reproduced/substituted with the freebies. My plan is to buy one piece of hardware and one piece of software so that between the two I won't have to worry about any sound I'm looking for becoming an issue.

I own a 88 key midi controller so rackmounted modules are not an issue.

I used the Korg Legacy Collection for most of my sounds as well as alphakanal's generator, and a couple other's.

For the software I am thinking
UVI's plugsound pro. (anyone have any comments on this yet?

The hardware is wide open, but I'm thinking a Nord Modular or that new small korg synth (Korg Extreme? i forget.)

Any suggestions most welcome.

-Stefan

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:14 pm

Hey, it's chin ball boy

or

there goes ball chin boy...

try this link

http://www.propellerheads.se/
Ableton | Elektron

Music

sgingras

Post by sgingras » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:16 pm

i guess i should change my sig.

chinball boy????

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:19 pm

It's not directed towards you at all

this morning as I was waking up the TV reporter was telling a story of a guy who got a beetle stuck in his ear (the guys friends were calling him BEETLE JUICE) - this triggered something in my head and I woke up qouting SOUTH PARK - it really has nothing to do with you or what you're trying to do - it's just my way of working the quote out of my head :)

my suggestion is Propellerheads REASON - You've probably already tried it but it's always worth a revisit

A friend of mine showed me how to really get in there and make monster sounds - I can't put it down

anywayz - sorry about the confusion

Peace

Ad
Ableton | Elektron

Music

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:19 pm

If you want one piece of software to get as many sounds as possible, I'd have to suggest Reaktor 5, which will be UB in a couple weeks. And it ain't just synths. You get thousands via the use library, and the included instruments are outstanding.

Adonis is right, Reason is also a good bet, if you don't mind cables. I hate cables.

grb
Professional Shark Jumper.