how is EIC demoed via products tab??

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
soundsliketree
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2002 5:59 am
Location: Berkeley, CA
Contact:

clarification request

Post by soundsliketree » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:47 pm

i'd like to upgrade to live 6 and get going right away with a download and have the boxed EIC come later in the mail. what should i do?
thanks

scientist
Posts: 1336
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:06 am
Location: seattle

Re: clarification request

Post by scientist » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:48 pm

soundsliketree wrote:i'd like to upgrade to live 6 and get going right away with a download and have the boxed EIC come later in the mail. what should i do?
thanks
order the box and you can dl right away.

runningonbravado
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:35 am

Post by runningonbravado » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:24 pm

in the store when you order the upgrade, you go into the page where operator & sampler are sold. The EIC is in there, 99EU/119US, add it to your cart and check out.

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:43 am

dom wrote:Cap1tanA: No, as shown on the page the boxed upgrade contains also the license for the EIC, even if you decide to get the box afterwards for EUR99. You don't have to pay twice. It may be a bit confusing as you can also get the box and the manual for EUR29 - in this case without the EIC.

Cheers,
dom
ok...so what you're saying is this:

you CAN buy the Boxed upgrade just for the manual and stickers for 29E like in previous years

or

you can buy the full boxed upgrade package for 99E with the EIC?

so this means you can buy the 29E box/manual and then demo the EIC?

hence the demo button which is useless for download users

ok that makes sense - and from what I can gather this is probably in response to all the whinging a month ago when we all thought we had to buy the EIC just to get the box and manual

red_wedge
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:42 pm
Location: Lapland, Finland
Contact:

Post by red_wedge » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:56 am

forge wrote:
dom wrote:Cap1tanA: No, as shown on the page the boxed upgrade contains also the license for the EIC, even if you decide to get the box afterwards for EUR99. You don't have to pay twice. It may be a bit confusing as you can also get the box and the manual for EUR29 - in this case without the EIC.

Cheers,
dom
ok...so what you're saying is this:

you CAN buy the Boxed upgrade just for the manual and stickers for 29E like in previous years

or

you can buy the full boxed upgrade package for 99E with the EIC?

so this means you can buy the 29E box/manual and then demo the EIC?

hence the demo button which is useless for download users

ok that makes sense - and from what I can gather this is probably in response to all the whinging a month ago when we all thought we had to buy the EIC just to get the box and manual
I'm not sure that is what he is saying, but it would be good if it was.

As I understood it, you can order the box and manual without EIC for 29, or the boox, manual and EIC with licence for 99.

It is a bit confusing. If I'd known I could gt a demo of the EIC I would have ordered the box without the licence (if that is indeed possible).

In any case, I'd like to be able to demo the EIC before I decide to pay 90€ for it. I'm not really into instrument collections but I would appreciate giving it a try.

longjohns
Posts: 9088
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:42 pm
Location: seattle

Post by longjohns » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:07 am

i really don't think that the box/manual package contains any CD's at all (?)

jamester
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:43 am
Location: Baltimore, MD

Post by jamester » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:19 am

I don't understand all the confusion...

1) If you're entitled to the free upgrade, you download and unlock it and you're done.

2) If you would ALSO like the EIC, along with a manual and stickers, you can order it seperately for US$120, because you are now a Live 6 owner.

3) If you would like a manual and stickers, but no EIC, you can order that seperately for US$40.

Personally, I'm leaning towards option #2. =)
Purrrfect Audio PC by Jim Roseberry
Edirol UA-1000, Korg PadKontrol, Dynaudio BM 5A's
REAPER, Live, Sound Forge

bgone
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:27 am
Location: Ann Arbor
Contact:

Post by bgone » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:13 am

Ok...but if I just want to "demo" the EIC then how would one go about that without actually purchasing a box? Then it wouldn't be a demo now would it? I mean, why is there a demo button at all? It doesn't make sense if there are no sounds to demo and the only way to get the sounds is by purchasing the box which is the license for the EIC. That would be like having a demo for sampler but the only way to demo it is if you first purchase it... :?

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:16 am

bgone wrote:Ok...but if I just want to "demo" the EIC then how would one go about that without actually purchasing a box? Then it wouldn't be a demo now would it? I mean, why is there a demo button at all? It doesn't make sense if there are no sounds to demo and the only way to get the sounds is by purchasing the box which is the license for the EIC. That would be like having a demo for sampler but the only way to demo it is if you first purchase it... :?
you can buy the box for a cheaper price (29E) and it will have the discs for the EIC in it so you can demo them and decide if you like it enough to buy it

bgone
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:27 am
Location: Ann Arbor
Contact:

Post by bgone » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:39 am

Ok...that makes more sense...however, I would hope that should I decide that the EIC is worth it, the 40 bucks I just spent would be subtracted from the 120.00 that I would have paid if I bought it outright from the start.

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:43 am

bgone wrote:Ok...that makes more sense...however, I would hope that should I decide that the EIC is worth it, the 40 bucks I just spent would be subtracted from the 120.00 that I would have paid if I bought it outright from the start.
I'm pretty sure there is a discount for boxed version owners - it's all been mentioned in another thread

nolus
Posts: 823
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:31 pm
Location: Little Blighty On The Down

Post by nolus » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:43 am

bgone wrote:Ok...but if I just want to "demo" the EIC then how would one go about that without actually purchasing a box? Then it wouldn't be a demo now would it? I mean, why is there a demo button at all? It doesn't make sense if there are no sounds to demo and the only way to get the sounds is by purchasing the box which is the license for the EIC. That would be like having a demo for sampler but the only way to demo it is if you first purchase it... :?
I suspect it's to prevent you from buying the full boxed version and then installing it multiple times on different peoples machines. They can install it and use it in demo mode but they can't activate it because they haven't got the serial number.

Just guesing
"That very perceptive of you Mr Stapleton, and rather unexpected... in a G Major"

scientist
Posts: 1336
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:06 am
Location: seattle

Post by scientist » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:11 pm

forge wrote: you can buy the box for a cheaper price (29E) and it will have the discs for the EIC in it so you can demo them and decide if you like it enough to buy it
really?...the $29 box is in the "merchandise" section, and states only the box, manual and stickers. my guess is the eic license in the store is for people who aren't upgrading, but bought live 6 outright. so that box contains the locked eic which they can unlock for $119 online. man, they really screwed this up. from the start they should've just skipped the idea of simpler playing multi-samples, and made the eic part of sampler.

forge
Posts: 17422
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:47 am
Location: Queensland, AU
Contact:

Post by forge » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:49 am

scientist wrote:
forge wrote: you can buy the box for a cheaper price (29E) and it will have the discs for the EIC in it so you can demo them and decide if you like it enough to buy it
really?...the $29 box is in the "merchandise" section, and states only the box, manual and stickers. my guess is the eic license in the store is for people who aren't upgrading, but bought live 6 outright. so that box contains the locked eic which they can unlock for $119 online. man, they really screwed this up. from the start they should've just skipped the idea of simpler playing multi-samples, and made the eic part of sampler.
I think what they are doing is trying to keep everyone happy - at first they announced the boxed version would be the full price with the EIC, then loads of people complained that they would have to buy a sound library they didnt want just to get the box/manual/stickers


I would think the 29E one would have the EIC demo in - it's a chance of a future sale then - that just makes sense

Post Reply