Registration email addy?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Verne Andru

Registration email addy?

Post by Verne Andru » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:44 pm

Yo - I've been on Live since version 1 but can't say the same thing about my email address. I registered my copy of Live with an email that now no longer exists. I did change my profile to a new one [as you can see, since I can post here] but the Abe's did not make the change to my product reg. email. I tried doing an upgrade over the weekend and the site denied me, saying my reg number was assigned to - my old email address. It asked me if I wanted to merge them, which I said "YES" to, but no confirmation has come back yet.

What gives?
www.VerneAndru.com - Portfolio site
420 - Part of the Greatest Story Ever Told project site

leather_rhod

Post by leather_rhod » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:46 pm

same thing here too.

TonySoprano

Post by TonySoprano » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:33 pm

Thirded! No repsonse back from hitting that button either.
Check out my latest mix:-
http://www.mixdepot.net/OutOfMySystem

reset

Post by reset » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:27 am

I fourth that!
http://rclique.org
Little Phatty, MonoMachine, SH101/09, Xbase09, Micromodular, Moebius.

jyoty

Post by jyoty » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:44 am

um yes!!! what's up w/ that?

similar prob here

dom

Post by dom » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:36 pm

Verne Andru: The forum login and the account you use to log into our website are two different things and not related to each other.

Regarding the problem in general: In most cases the problem is as you described it: The email address changed, but you did not update it in your account page.

If you can still remember your password, please log in with it and the old email address and update the address in the "manage account" screen. If you don't remember the password, but you can still receive mails with the old email address, please use the "forgot password" option.

If there's no way to update your account yourself, you can send us the request for merging, but please show some patience this week, we receive a ton of mails every day since the release and we are all working hard for you and try to reply as soon as possible.

Thanks for your understanding,
dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com