MusicTech review: Live 6 lacks audio quality!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:05 am

Krank have you been hiding in here again.

:twisted:
HA HA HA :twisted:

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:37 am

mercyplease wrote:Krank have you been hiding in here again.

:twisted:
Krank or knotKranky krank. Cause Krank is krank and I'm Kranky. Anyway, yes. But i i'm over debating audio quality. At least with the fine gentlemen and ladies who can't hear the difference. :)

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:42 am

Maybe thats because they have never sta behind a lovely massive neve. Have you shagged on a neve, thats the real question. Jiz can often loosen up those pots and add a lovely character. Hot women know to be taken on a Neve is a class act :twisted:

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:52 am

well, you should pick up a neve to go with your mpc4000. Then you're *guaranteed* to sound good. :roll:

they're making some cheaper stuff over there at neve these days. Y'know, ever since the audio world's number one scumbag bullshit artist, tom misner, took over. I wonder how long it takes him to run that company into the ground.....

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:53 am

BTW, anyone check out the letters in the most recent copy of tape op?

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:55 am

Well yes, I shagged a hottie against a console, but it was an SSL. Had a stripper rest her tits on my face while I was mixing on a neve. Can't say I noticed a difference.

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:03 am

leisuremuffin wrote:well, you should pick up a neve to go with your mpc4000. Then you're *guaranteed* to sound good. :roll:

they're making some cheaper stuff over there at neve these days. Y'know, ever since the audio world's number one scumbag bullshit artist, tom misner, took over. I wonder how long it takes him to run that company into the ground.....

.lm.
dont howt ma meewins muff

Why you bitchin hate on me bro
I aint go no mo fo neve krank does but yall can send him files an he will lay it down however ya want.

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:04 am

knotkranky wrote:Well yes, I shagged a hottie against a console, but it was an SSL. Had a stripper rest her tits on my face while I was mixing on a neve. Can't say I noticed a difference.
Aah a heart warming and inspirational story. SSl-Neve its all good for rumpy pumpy.

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:30 am

Yes, it was an emotional and sensitive moment.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songinf ... tnG=Search

mercyplease

Post by mercyplease » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:35 am

knotkranky wrote:Yes, it was an emotional and sensitive moment.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songinf ... tnG=Search
Oh yeh smoooooth

rasputin

Sound On Sound Nov 2006 review of Live 6

Post by rasputin » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:51 pm

ashley_k wrote: It will be interesting to see what a more credible magazine like Sound on Sound has to say in its review of Live 6.

For the time being I’d suggest that you import your reading to another more credible publication such as the Beano or a comic of your choice.

The only major bummer for you is if you actually paid for this pathetic magazine.
Well, you're a bit harsh but considering some of the howlers they've come up with in the past probably not too far off the mark.
My freshly received copy of SoS Nov06 does indeed have a very nice review of Live 6 which basically tells you all the things you already know: it's a real substantive upgrade, makes excellent use of multicore/multiprocessor and the new features are must have. I find all this true in my experience, and I'm the guy who stopped upgrading Reason at 2.5 and Sonar at 4 since I didn't need the new things they added. I will freeze Live in a second if they ever come up with an upgrade I don't think I need.
However, if Live 7 is as excellent as 6, and they drop support for Win2K or require >2GHz processor, it's the only app that I would upgrade my system in order to get.
I pity people wanting it now, with the list price USD600 (correct?)