TORQ IS OUT!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
stale bread

Post by stale bread » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:25 am

oops
Mac, Mpc, and a Microphone

Thanks for the Slicer Abe.

smutek

Post by smutek » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:27 am

Yes, that was a close one.

djadonis206

Post by djadonis206 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:22 pm

Xponent is a all digital solution so you wouldn't use the control vinyl

yeah the volume problem is in much talks over on the torq-dj.com/forum

I've gotten a lot of help over the in regards to using the program and I'm totally jamming now with the program

Smutek I keep meaning to pm you and find out how Serato working out for you? I say a guy using Serato the other night and was impressed.

back to the volume issue - basically the music out of torq sounds fine, loud and super clean but the conectiv pre amps lower your vinyl records by like 10 - 20db and there's a huge disparity in mixing digital with wax (blah!)

but thank god I have like a trillion slamming techno mp3's

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm basically getting to the point where I can do just about everything I can do with Ableton in Torq (well NOT EVERYTHING) but you get the idea - basically mix records and loop shit

but really - the thing that I like is the fact I don't have to warp stuff

just think - you have a gig, go on beatport download a couple big dj's charts show up and rock the party with decks - but with your computer without all the pre prep (warping, cutting up tracks etc)

NOw I asked for somethings in Torq like better quantizing (esp on setting quick cue points and sample editing in the sampler) but it's pretty feature rich already

and some guys have gving up their mixers in favor of Xsession Pro (I don't if i'd do all that)

but basically mixing out of the program and still using vinyl you get the best of both worlds - if only the x session pro was built cooler (maybe you can do that with xponent, who knows)

...it's funny I was one of the first people in Seattle to play on Final Scratch (Opened for John Aquaviva at Showbox in like 1999 or 2000 and he let me play on his system which was just a few weeks old) but I'm just now getting into the actually real digital dj revolution - I love it

oh and watch out for my gangsta rap sets coming to a hip hop club near you (syke)

;)

ad!
Ableton | Elektron

Music

smutek

Post by smutek » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:40 pm

Serato is working out good. Though I have to tell you lately all I have had time for is work and school so there hasn't been a whole lot of time for anything else... and we just bought a new house that needs a lot of work, painting, doing hard wood floors, etc. before we move in. But I've got some serious plans for the basement, it's going to be dope!

But yeah, no complaints about Serato. Def happy with the purchase. It's rock solid on my 1.25 powerbook, and they are constantly developing it. The current build is 1.7 which adds auto bpm detection, a bpm tapper, improved looping, and some other stuff. I don't think the looping has quantize. I have not installed the latest build yet, but I know the one I am using doesn't have it. You set the loop in and out points and kind of nudge it into place with your keys. A loop quantize button that snaps the loop into place like traktor would be perfect.

They are working on 1.8 and will be adding midi. Apparently its just support for midi controllers and not the ability to sync to another app, so other than syncing and loop quantize it's got everything I need. but I really couldn't use syncing at this point anyway, don't think my powerbook has the juice to run serato and ableton. They are also working on a seperate (paid) video plug in.

Totally agree with you about being able to just rock tracks without all of the prep. I never quite got my head around ableton for djing, but all of the warping, cutting etc. required was really the main reason why I never tried.

aburgener

Post by aburgener » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:14 pm

Hey - this is totally off topic and I apologize but I have a question. On the screenshot on the first page of this thread - what's up with the Windows visual style on there? Is that a theme? I want...