Saving ALS files in Live 6

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
selthym

Saving ALS files in Live 6

Post by selthym » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:22 pm

After creating individual clips for segments of a track, to save these in live 5 all I needed to do was to select all the clips and drag these to the folder in the file browser where I wanted to save these as an als folder.

In Live 6, when doing this, it creates a new subfolder and then the als file. When I drag the als file to the folder where I want this, another subfolder is created.

Any ideas on how I can get the als file to save straight to the folder without creating a subfolder?

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:04 pm

I want to know that too!!

I used to drag clips from mp3s for djing into a specific folder, and now live6 clutters it up with subfolders. arrg

Mag_Music

Post by Mag_Music » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:33 pm

I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, but a likely workaround for now is using Windows Explorer to move the files up one level in the library structure and deleting the folder(s) Live added.

selthym

Post by selthym » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:16 am

Mag_Music wrote:I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, but a likely workaround for now is using Windows Explorer to move the files up one level in the library structure and deleting the folder(s) Live added.
At least you can drag the clip in explorer... Surely someone picked this up when Beta testing & knows either how to do this or why this is the case.

forge

Post by forge » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:24 am

have you tried holding any modifers? ctrl, alt etc?

I dont know, just curious