Live Retail vs. Live Pirated (The Difference)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kronk

Post by kronk » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:10 pm

friend_kami wrote:but...

what if i want to run it on both computers at the same time?
should i purchase another copy of live then?

- fk.
if you really want to have live opened on both computers at the same time (e.g. when working together with a friend on two computers) then yes, you will have to buy a second licence.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:24 pm

friend_kami wrote:what if i want to run it on both computers at the same time?
should i purchase another copy of live then?
You can buy a second licence at reduced cost.

From the Live Licence FAQ:

You can install Live on two of your own computers if you have registered your serial number on our registration page and you will not be using both computers at the same time.

If you want to run Live 5 on several machines simultaneously, you can purchase each additional license for EUR/USD 249 (download). If you send us your address, your registered Live 5 serial number, your credit card data (including expiration date and cvv code) and what you want to order, we can process your order right away. Please write to orders@ableton.com or send a fax to 0049 30 288 763 269.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:48 pm

well, not that i have this problem, but i was just curious since i will eventually have to get me another computer, and syncing those two together then wouldnt be such a bad idea at all.

+ like you said, then i could have another one fiddling on one, while im fiddling on the other. woot.

- fk.