(OT) god damn freakin indian phone companies

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
forge

(OT) god damn freakin indian phone companies

Post by forge » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:28 am

well I dont know if they are indian but the accents sound Indian

but I reckon I get about 20 calls a month asking for me specifically to ask if I want a cheaper phone company

I am now starting to feel slightly psychotic when I get them - HOW ARE THE BASTARDS GETTING MY DETAILS??????!!!!!!!!!

I thought for a minute that these least cost routing voucher cards I use to call the UK are sending my number to them, but they ask for me by name and you dont have to give your name for those

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:34 am

Looks like somebody missed the simpsons ep on outsourcing :wink:

Indian call-centers are bit like ipod-stealing cows...
They're all over the place.

ash1

Post by ash1 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:41 am

hi forge

getting at least 3 a day driving me nuts also getting nutty emails wanting me do invest in god knows what spam i can deal with but these people have gone to far im ex directory aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no i dont want to buy diamonds he he :lol:

Meef Chaloin

Post by Meef Chaloin » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:45 am

im more annoyed about it the other way around, whenever I need to call up my mobile provider it goes through to someone who I cant understand & who cant understand me. Drives me insane. :evil:

dmacintyre

Re: (OT) god damn freakin indian phone companies

Post by dmacintyre » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:48 am

forge wrote:
AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ditto. I hate the cnuts and although it's not the fault of the innocent teleworker trying to make a living, I like to tell them to fcuk off. Makes me feel better, it's unambiguous and leaves nothing to be lost in the translation to hindi.

D.
I invented coffee

forge

Post by forge » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:57 am

hoffman2k wrote:.... ipod-stealing cows...
They're all over the place.
tell ya what Belgium sounds like a whacky place! :D

djsynchro

Post by djsynchro » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:04 am

hambone1

Post by hambone1 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:04 am

I had one trying to sell me a telephone service a few days ago. He had a VERY Indian accent, and said his name was DEREK! :D

Now as soon as I hear an Indian accent on the phone, I hang up. 99% chance it's an fucking unsolicited spam call... :twisted:

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:15 am

http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/sear ... n-simpsons

On that same site, search for "simpsons 17x17" :wink:

muscleandhate

Post by muscleandhate » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:44 am

God damn Indians! Never happened under British rule!

Meef Chaloin

Post by Meef Chaloin » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:50 am

hambone1 wrote:Now as soon as I hear an Indian accent on the phone, I hang up. 99% chance it's an fucking unsolicited spam call... :twisted:
hahaha *bites tongue*

forge

Post by forge » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:03 am

when you have a nation of a billion people, that's alot of room for alot of telemarketers!

crazy thing is as soon as I answered the call - it starts exactly the same every time - first silence and I have to shout "hello??" a couple of times into a sort of distant sounding windy phone line then eventually I get the indian accented gentleman responding "hello mister mispronounced name?"

to which I reply "yes" because I've been cornered and it sounded like he was trying to say my name so the "get him to say my name right" part of my brain overruled the cautious "this is a spam call just hang up" part of my brain

then as soon as I heard "this is bob calling from <insert name> telecommunications" I instantly launched into a tirade of "JESUS HOW DO YOU PEOPLE GET MY NUMBER HAVE YOU ANY IDEA HOW MANY OF THESE FUCKING CALLS FROM PHONE COMPANIES I GET A WEEK???????"

and you know what the arse replied???

"it's not just phones sir, we do internet and mobiles as well...."

at which point i gently placed the phone onto the receiver taking great care not to smash it into a billion pieces, one for every Indian telemarketer.

minimal

Post by minimal » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:26 am

forge wrote:at which point i gently placed the phone onto the receiver taking great care not to smash it into a billion pieces, one for every Indian telemarketer.

:D :D :D

ashley_k

Re: (OT) god damn freakin indian phone companies

Post by ashley_k » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:28 pm

forge wrote:I am now starting to feel slightly psychotic when I get them - HOW ARE THE BASTARDS GETTING MY DETAILS??????!!!!!!!!!
At some point forge you have probably innocently given your details to a phone company or in mobile phone shop, unfortunately once you get on the marketing lists there’s not a lot you can do about it, as it only takes one company to sell it’s database and you then end up on the telemarketing circuit.

To minimise this I’d recommend not providing personal details to companies and websites unless it’s really necessary.

It’s like if you go to an electrical shop to buy a radio and they want all your details, “we need your details for the guarantee, sir” screw the guarantee its £30 radio, if breaks I’ll buy a new one!

For your records my details are:
Mark E. Ting
1a Street
My Town
AB1 2CD
U.K.
Telephone 1234 123456

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:34 pm

i was reading a report how indian call centers are becoming like a second home to many workers and they totally make a habitat out of their work environment.

they take with them the saucier parts of life too and sounds like a lot of fucking goes on at the call centers overnight.

tell them you're eating a steak and you are very poor and say something really derogitory and i think the numbers will reduce with time

also never give any info... everything u say gets added to some DB