most STABLE audio interface

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Macrostructure

Post by Macrostructure » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:53 am

xh9o wrote:
Macrostructure wrote:Getting rid of illegal software from your system reduces instability and audio dropouts, generally enabling lower latencies and better audio performance, including on cheaper interfaces.
god....

i used 100% stolen software while ago when starting that music thing and never had any more issues than i have now with a nearly completely legal setup (means: none). most pirate releases just enter a serial same way like you do when you buy the product, there is no difference in the code at all. just go with the reliable cracks and you will be "happy".

and tbh you sound like a pervert television advertisment priest that should give himself a little headshot. such madness, unbelievable.

Perhaps your computer has become sentient in some way and is expressing an objection to your bad manners?
yeah its a filthy little bastard which should live up from some decent punishment. :roll:
:lol: with comedy talent like that it's you that should be on TV

ToLTeK

Post by ToLTeK » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:52 pm

If You're on Mac, You can't pass on Apogee - simply BRILLIANT:
http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/
Yes, they are expensive, but they do sound expensive too... ;)
... and YES - It is the most stable audio interface for Mac...

xh9o

Post by xh9o » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:48 pm

apogee makes the most overrated stuff out there. its just expensive, no more. you like it when you buy it but that effect draws back after a while.
-

feel her fountain....
she dies.

live7 battery synthlite2 matrix1000 synplant operator moogfilter transverb lofi retrodelay

4ace

Post by 4ace » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:24 pm

xh9o wrote:apogee makes the most overrated stuff out there. its just expensive, no more. you like it when you buy it but that effect draws back after a while.

I don't know about that. I've been using the Mini-Me since '04 and i still catch myself thinking DAMN this things sounds incredible.
The thing is I paid around a grand at the time so it's not overly pricey considering the ringer i've put it through and the consistency it delivers.

Granted the Duet and Ensemble for that matter are on the pricey side. But after a few years you'll realize WOW I haven't had to go through 2-3 bullshit soundcards and i've got quality sound.

I don't work for Apogee I'm just saying i've had a great experience.....YMMV
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2Gb
OS X.5.7 | MOTU Ultralite | Live 8 | Ableton Drum Machine's | Addictive Drums | Conectiv+ Torq | Ms. Pinky | AudioDamage

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Macrostructure wrote:
adventurepants_ wrote:
Macrostructure wrote: I think you may have taken me a little too literally :)

Getting rid of illegal software from your system reduces instability and audio dropouts, generally enabling lower latencies and better audio performance, including on cheaper interfaces.

Happy?
now its just better written bull of shite.
xh9o, Adventurepants

My own direct experience was otherwise. I followed the advice of another poster on this forum, Ewistrand, on this subject and did as I have described above in this thread. I was surprised to find the results are also as I have described - greater stability and better system performance. These are the facts.

I take it you use cracked software, have system stability/performance problems, tried removing all your cracked programs but in contrast to me still had exactly the same issues afterwards? That's a shame. Perhaps your computer has become sentient in some way and is expressing an objection to your bad manners? :?
its pretty poor manners to accuse forum members of using pirated software with no evidence. im %100 legit software wise and fix other peoples performance problems for a thing you might call money.

your improvement in performance was probably due to removing all the cycle-sucking viruses that you picked up while pirating your software.
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.

ilia

Post by ilia » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:19 am

RME multiface is the most stable <$1000 interface I've used. Generally, for stability PCI(e) wins.

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:08 am

aqua_tek wrote: Oh... and my ONLY gripe with the Fireface is the lack of a control room volume knob. Why? :cry:
And I think i've found the perfect solution. So simple. why didnt i think of this before?

YAY nano patch!

maten149

Post by maten149 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:29 am

If you have any PCI slots available, I would strongly
recommend the dirt-cheap M-Audio Delta 1010LT,
I have both a Audiophile 2496 and 1010LT in parallell in
my system giving me a total of 12inputs/outputs and I have an operating latency of about 2ms (one-way) - and - it is stable.

I picked up my Delta 1010LT used for $90
The m-audio drivers for the delta-series are rock-solid, anybody can
testify to that.

/M

OvertoneZero

Post by OvertoneZero » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:20 am

RME Multiface is outstanding

Macrostructure

Post by Macrostructure » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:49 am

adventurepants_ wrote:its pretty poor manners to accuse forum members of using pirated software with no evidence. im %100 legit software wise and fix other peoples performance problems for a thing you might call money.
er no, that's just playing with words, I asked a question, one you made legitimate by claiming a knowledge of illegal software at all in the first place. you say you got it on other people's machines. no problem.
adventurepants_ wrote:your improvement in performance was probably due to removing all the cycle-sucking viruses that you picked up while pirating your software.
You would need a lot more information about my technical setup, various machines, what was connected to the net, etc to make that call. All we know is that when I dumped the illegal software I got a big performance increase and better stability out of my soundcard/pc...oh, and we don't like each other's style in this thread :) That's all we will ever know.

Peace.

Macrostructure

Post by Macrostructure » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:51 am

aqua_tek wrote:
aqua_tek wrote: Oh... and my ONLY gripe with the Fireface is the lack of a control room volume knob. Why? :cry:
And I think i've found the perfect solution. So simple. why didnt i think of this before?

YAY nano patch!
I've just got one of these, so useful, can't think why I didn't get one before either.

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:18 pm

Macrostructure wrote:
aqua_tek wrote:

YAY nano patch!
I've just got one of these, so useful, can't think why I didn't get one before either.
I just ordered mine last night. Pretty excited about finally being able to control my monitor levels without the mouse or without having to go around the back and tweaking the small uncomfortable knobs. Very mundane thing to be excited about, i know, but yes... I'm excited

And can someone confirm or deny the following? I've heard a few times that it's advisable to have your soundcard's software mixer level turned all the way up. And I'm not talking about Live's master fader here, I'm talking about the Total Control mixer software from RME, or the Cuemix mixer software from MOTU. And in addition to this, you should have your monitor's sensitivity (or level) knobs all the way up... then control the levels in between the soundcard and the monitors with a dedicated control room knob, like the Nano Patch... or a Mackie Big knob, or something similar, etc etc. This supposedly preserves all the bits on the software end, and on the monitors' end, i guess it makes full use of their amp capabilities... makes sense in a way, especially the software side... but how about the monitor thing? Should i have the sensitivity level turned all the way up and just control the levels with the Nano Patch? Anyone? Bueller?

Macrostructure

Post by Macrostructure » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:15 pm

aqua_tek wrote: And can someone confirm or deny the following? I've heard a few times that it's advisable to have your soundcard's software mixer level turned all the way up. And I'm not talking about Live's master fader here, I'm talking about the Total Control mixer software from RME, or the Cuemix mixer software from MOTU. And in addition to this, you should have your monitor's sensitivity (or level) knobs all the way up... then control the levels in between the soundcard and the monitors with a dedicated control room knob, like the Nano Patch... or a Mackie Big knob, or something similar, etc etc. This supposedly preserves all the bits on the software end, and on the monitors' end, i guess it makes full use of their amp capabilities... makes sense in a way, especially the software side... but how about the monitor thing? Should i have the sensitivity level turned all the way up and just control the levels with the Nano Patch? Anyone? Bueller?
Same gain structure rules apply all the way from the DAW to the monitor. If you want the maximum signal to noise ratio, use the last gain control in the chain to control volume. In your case this would be the shitey wee knobs on the back of your monitors which is a pain in the ass, so use the next thing back - the nanopatch. As for the gain settings elsewhere - yes, turn them up to unity, including the monitors. Then test it - you might want to then turn the montiors down a bit.

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:11 am

Thanks Macro

Oh man... It is so simple and mundante, but I am LOVING the Nano Patch since it arrived on Thursday. It's great! Amazing how such a little thing makes it feel like my workflow has improved by leaps. Only slight annoyance is that one of the 1/4 input jacks is not exactly very tight. Doesn't really "lock in" when I slide in the connector. The cable doesn't slide out unless I deliberately pull it though, so I'm not sure if it's annoying enough for me to want to get it replaced. Hasn't really bothered me that much... Still works perfectly and sounds... well... it sounds neutral as it should :P