ot..... VOTE Republican in November. Protect America

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Are you a patriot or a democrat?

Vote Democrat and surrender our freedom to the terrorists
88%
Vote Republican and keep America safe
12%

Total votes: 130

Nogi

Re: ot..... VOTE Republican in November. Protect America

Post by Nogi » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:01 am

the last one wrote:women and children first; no matter what their hue. criminals last, no matter what their hue.
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things a crime that it becomes impossible to live without breaking laws." -Ayn Rand

Clearscreen

Post by Clearscreen » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:11 am

it doesn't matter which president is in control... there are going to be people who just hate us.
ever wondered why?
Hp Elitebook 2.8Ghz. Live 7.0.14 & Live 8.1.5, XP Pro. and stuff...

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:12 am

knotkranky wrote:My bad, let me be more clear. Who was your favorite gop candidate in the past prez primary and who is you fav gop pick in 08' or if it was possible to vote in bush.....?

Hmmmm.... I can't even remember who ran against Bush for the primaries back then. :lol: It's been a long time. Remember that Bush was re-elected, so we're talking about more than 6 years ago.

And as for 2008, I've really not been getting too excited about anyone in particular. Obviously the Democrat candidate will be Hillary Clinton. About the only person who could give her a run would be Al Gore.

On the Republican side, I think McCain is going to run, but I have never cared for him much. I would vote for him over Hillary Clinton or Al Gore, but he wouldn't be a top choice for me at all.

Who else is likely to run for the Republicans? I guess Rudy Giulliani will be. I actually like him a lot. His views are similar to mine. (i.e. economic conservative, socially he's more liberal but not crazy left-wing) Although, I can't say I would get that excited about him either.

I'm sure it's possible Condoleeza Rice could run. I would vote for her before Hillary or Gore. But again, not really that excited about her.

The problem is, the type of person I would want as my first choice isn't someone who would be likely to run for President. I wouldn't want to be President. I think being the President is the worst job in the world. You have to give up your life, forever. You'll never again be able to be a normal person. Everywhere you go, Secret Service must follow. Every moment security has to be aware of you location. If you want to eat somewhere, they have to stake out the joint first, and then other people have to walk through metal detectors. You can't enjoy many of the most simple pleasures in life ever again, like just spending time with your family. There's ALWAYS going to be some kind of security presence. And it doesn't end when you leave office. It's for the rest of your life.

People will try to destroy you. Dig through your life for any and every minute detail. Anything that can be used to destroy you. You are attacked constantly. Your family is attacked. You are threatened daily. Your life will forever be in danger, no matter where you go.

If you are a smart person in America, then there are plenty of other ways to make a living, make more money, have a better life, etc... than by being President. PLENTY of ways. And I have a feeling that the type of person I would want to be president sees things like I do, and says.... "no thanks. That's not the life I want to have."
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)
Korg Zero 8 mixer/soundcard/MIDI

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:13 am

knotkranky wrote:
ultrasource wrote:i'm voting for whoever is gayest.
Your best chance was Foley. Sorry :cry:

:lol:

That was a good one. :wink:
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:18 am

Clearscreen wrote:
it doesn't matter which president is in control... there are going to be people who just hate us.
ever wondered why?

i heard they hate our freedom.

sounded good enough to me.

And that's why i fully support our government's moves to slowly errode our rights.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:20 am

sF, Man I got nobody right now on the dem side. I can't stand Hilary and Gore always bugged me. I hope they don't back Hilary, that would really bum me out. I must say that I like Mccain better than both of them. :lol:

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:24 am

Clearscreen wrote:
ever wondered why?

There isn't a single answer.

Some hate us because we are wealthy. Some because we are powerful. Some hate us becuase they believe in a different invisible man in the sky. Some hate us because it is Thursday. Others because tomorrow is Friday. Some hate us because their situation sucks. Some just hate everybody. Some hate us because their government tells them to. Some hate when we go to war. Some hate when we don't go to war. Some hate us because it's just fashionable.

We could sit here and spit off a million reasons why, and still barely scratch the surface.

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:25 am

knotkranky wrote:sF, Man I got nobody right now on the dem side. I can't stand Hilary and Gore always bugged me. I hope they don't back Hilary, that would really bum me out. I must say that I like Mccain better than both of them. :lol:

I'm with you there, man.

Hillary and Gore are both nightmares.

I like Lieberman.

But it is going to be Hillary or Gore.... no question about it.

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:26 am

subterFUSE wrote:We could sit here and spit off a million reasons why, and still barely scratch the surface.
Something tells me that's exactly what's going to happen.

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:28 am

subterFUSE wrote:
knotkranky wrote:sF, Man I got nobody right now on the dem side. I can't stand Hilary and Gore always bugged me. I hope they don't back Hilary, that would really bum me out. I must say that I like Mccain better than both of them. :lol:

I'm with you there, man.

Hillary and Gore are both nightmares.

I like Lieberman.

But it is going to be Hillary or Gore.... no question about it.
Lieberman is a republican, so I get you on that :D

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:28 am

DeadlyKungFu wrote:
subterFUSE wrote:We could sit here and spit off a million reasons why, and still barely scratch the surface.

:lol:

Nah.... I'm going to bed now.

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:29 am

DeadlyKungFu wrote:
For the millionth time :)

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:33 am

knotkranky wrote:
DeadlyKungFu wrote:
today.

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:36 am

DeadlyKungFu wrote:
knotkranky wrote:
DeadlyKungFu wrote: Something tells me that's exactly what's going to happen.
today.
I'm just gonna stare at the dancing monkey. No bull, he makes me feel good.

:D

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:49 am

the last one wrote:
horselesspaul wrote:Because being a selfish c*nt doesn't work, eventually.
We waded in and saved you guys ass (U.K.) only 50 years ago, how quickly you forget what happens when you take a liberal approach with dictators. Nearly cost you your country if we hadn't turned up.
I call godwins law! took just two hours this time!

8O :roll:
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.