ot..... VOTE Republican in November. Protect America

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Are you a patriot or a democrat?

Vote Democrat and surrender our freedom to the terrorists
88%
Vote Republican and keep America safe
12%

Total votes: 130

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:38 am

Approach wrote:Whoever is planning on invading Canada has my vote.
No need. All of our industries are mostly foreign-owned anyways. The pipes will be in place soon enough. The water will go to you, you won't need to come and get it. Our government is balls-less, you won't need to step foot over here. jerks. :evil: :P

the last one wrote:I'm just saying if I need a tough bouncer on the door of my nightclub, I am not going to go for the most reasonable guy who is going to consider everyone's opinion and then take a vote when the Hell's Angels are swinging axes in his face trying to take his head off. I'm gonna go for a tough ass hard nosed decisionmaker who is going to beat the crap of anyone trying to get past the rope, let alone in the door.

Vote for security, number 1.
So to keep your nightclub safe, you'll hire the bouncer who rapes the poor men's wife in the other neighborhoods and destroys his already slummy dwelling, thereby making your nightclub the prime target of those who have nothing left to loose, and have sworn vengeance against your nightclub for the unprovoked atrocities which your bouncers have committed against them, not to mention putting the future of your nightclub in great danger of the retaliation of the children of those desperate neighborhoods, who have grown up with an intense hatred for your bouncers, whom they recognize as none other than the devil himself, created by the memories of war and suffering burned into their young minds at the hands of the bouncers of your nightclub.

Ya, hire those bouncers, that'll make the nightclub real secure, good thinking.

grb

P.S. now that I think about it, I don't think this guy is for real. He's just stirrin' up shit, havin' a laugh. No one is really that ignorant who knows how to use a computer.... are they?
Last edited by glitchrock-buddha on Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Professional Shark Jumper.

horselesspaul

Post by horselesspaul » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:39 am

the last one wrote:
horselesspaul wrote:Because being a selfish c*nt doesn't work, eventually.
We waded in and saved you guys ass (U.K.) only 50 years ago
You didn't mate (and I suspect that those of your compatriots who died would be embarrassed by your moronic assertions were they alive today), and you wouldn't now unless there was big money in it somehow, oil pipelines to protect, markets to influence.

I'm off to bed, we "liberals" need our sleep.
Apple Certified Logic Trainer.

MBP 2.2 4Gb 7200 RME FF400 Live 6.0.9
G4 Dual 450 3Gb RME Multiface Live 6.0.9
Intel MacMini Duo 1.6 2Gb RME FF400 Live 6.0.9
Toshiba P25 3Ghz 2Gb RME Multiface Live 6.0.9 XP

Approach

Post by Approach » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:41 am

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
Approach wrote:Whoever is planning on invading Canada has my vote.
No need. All of our industries are mostly foreign-owned anyways. The pipes will be in place soon enough. The water will go to you, you won't need to come and get it. Our government is balls-less, you won't need o step foot over here. jerks. :evil: :P

Finally someone who understands the importance of having balls! :D

FreeTechniques

Post by FreeTechniques » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:04 am

Voting Republican is not necessarily THAT much worse when you consider that most people aren't really sure why they are voting for their particular candidate in the first place, be it Republican or Democrat. How many times have you heard things like, "I'm voting Democrat because it's the lesser of two evils", or " because Bush fucking sucks", or "because liberals want to hand our innocent children over to be slaughtered by terrorists", or "because Democrats want to create a floodgate of illegal immigrants because they love terrorism", etc. etc.
I have actually heard people say they had NO IDEA whatsover why they were voting for George Bush, they "just were". NONE of these types of statements are suggestive of individual thought, most of it is honestly complete nonsense and rubbish and yet this seems to be the norm when it comes to the commentary during these types of debates.

I believe a large amount of people (I'm tempted to say the majority but I don't have the statistics to back it up) simply vote based on wherever their locale, and it's inhabitants opinions (or rather, lack thereof) happen to be, and on silly, mindless propaganda created by both parties in order to confuse them into voting for them.

Elections are generally hyped up and full of bullshit all around, and are almost like a professional boxing fight or wrestling match, where both "fighters" talk shit about each other, dodge as much of the serious questions as they possibly can (or simply run around in circles with near nonsense answers until everyone gives up and moves on to the next topic), and basically throw a bunch of bravado around to get people on their side.

Their is only ever two "real" options for people to vote for, and the "other" parties are never given fair media coverage, in fact, they are usually berated and belittled constantly on almost all major media outlets right from the get go. The final two opponents are usually obvious in the beginning of the race, and the ultimate outcome is fairly easy to predict. Personally, I feel that the structure is set way beforehand, and the whole "election" process is just for show more than anything else.

Considering that the last two elections were shady at best, and strong evidence suggesting foulplay have been largely ignored, and ultimately accepted by the general public, is voting even the answer anymore?
Is a check in a box on a piece of "official" government paper that displays your mild preference of one preselected figurehead over another going to shape the country into the place you want it to be? Is it going to protect you from all the supposed terrorists who are at all times trying their damndest to come into our homes and kill us?

I'll preempt the inevitable here, NO, I DO NOT claim to know the solution to all of this, but I do feel that voting is defintely not the answer. I do believe that people speaking honestly and openly about issues that have serious impact on the citizens of the world (i.e., everyone currently alive) is one way to get closer to that answer, if there is indeed one.

My two cents, thank you

D DAS

Post by D DAS » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:34 am

the last one wrote:why do liberals assume they are always right?

bugs me how blinkered people can be.
it's not about being right and wrong

it's about being moral or immoral.

starting wars and torturing people in secret torture camps is not the moral thing to do, so i am against that because it is not a good contribution to humanity

volum

Post by volum » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:34 am

%50 of the US population doesn't vote for very good reasons. So, even when one of these Right or Left puppets wins, (which is always by a thin %2-%4) it still only means they have support of %25 of the population.

If we were to have a representative gov't like in the UK, where many political parties have a say, voter turnout would be a lot higher.

But, %50 knows better than to think either side has their best interest in mind.
compuphonic_machines_program_my_beats
++++++++++++++http://www.volsoc.com

Approach

Post by Approach » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:39 am

Its refreshing to read a post that doesnt assume everyones stupid

bgone

Post by bgone » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:50 am

the last one wrote:
horselesspaul wrote:Because being a selfish c*nt doesn't work, eventually.
We waded in and saved you guys ass (U.K.) only 50 years ago, how quickly you forget what happens when you take a liberal approach with dictators. Nearly cost you your country if we hadn't turned up.

Don't come begging the next time. You might have a democrat who'll ponder and consider and ponder again and then back down and let the terrorists win.

Jee...who was President during that time?...oh yeah...a DEMOCRAT....

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:51 am

FreeTechniques wrote:Voting Republican is not necessarily THAT much worse when you consider that most people aren't really sure why they are voting for their particular candidate in the first place, be it Republican or Democrat. How many times have you heard things like, "I'm voting Democrat because it's the lesser of two evils", or " because Bush fucking sucks", or "because liberals want to hand our innocent children over to be slaughtered by terrorists", or "because Democrats want to create a floodgate of illegal immigrants because they love terrorism", etc. etc.
I have actually heard people say they had NO IDEA whatsover why they were voting for George Bush, they "just were". NONE of these types of statements are suggestive of individual thought, most of it is honestly complete nonsense and rubbish and yet this seems to be the norm when it comes to the commentary during these types of debates.

I believe a large amount of people (I'm tempted to say the majority but I don't have the statistics to back it up) simply vote based on wherever their locale, and it's inhabitants opinions (or rather, lack thereof) happen to be, and on silly, mindless propaganda created by both parties in order to confuse them into voting for them.

Elections are generally hyped up and full of bullshit all around, and are almost like a professional boxing fight or wrestling match, where both "fighters" talk shit about each other, dodge as much of the serious questions as they possibly can (or simply run around in circles with near nonsense answers until everyone gives up and moves on to the next topic), and basically throw a bunch of bravado around to get people on their side.

Their is only ever two "real" options for people to vote for, and the "other" parties are never given fair media coverage, in fact, they are usually berated and belittled constantly on almost all major media outlets right from the get go. The final two opponents are usually obvious in the beginning of the race, and the ultimate outcome is fairly easy to predict. Personally, I feel that the structure is set way beforehand, and the whole "election" process is just for show more than anything else.

Considering that the last two elections were shady at best, and strong evidence suggesting foulplay have been largely ignored, and ultimately accepted by the general public, is voting even the answer anymore?
Is a check in a box on a piece of "official" government paper that displays your mild preference of one preselected figurehead over another going to shape the country into the place you want it to be? Is it going to protect you from all the supposed terrorists who are at all times trying their damndest to come into our homes and kill us?

I'll preempt the inevitable here, NO, I DO NOT claim to know the solution to all of this, but I do feel that voting is defintely not the answer. I do believe that people speaking honestly and openly about issues that have serious impact on the citizens of the world (i.e., everyone currently alive) is one way to get closer to that answer, if there is indeed one.

My two cents, thank you

Nice post. My only answer is to act with what you have. I feel like you often, but the first Clinton campaign showed m something valuable. That enough votes matter. When votes are close, they are fucked with. But if the margin is too tough for the clandestine gov types, they become less powerful in their subverts. I think it's perfectly ok to use one party to unseat another. Truly we don't really know what we are replacing it with, but a chance is more hopeful than what we have now. I only have hope and a voice and I am greatful for that even if only for the hope of change. No guarantees, just change. A lot of power and influence is going to change hands November 7. We have a lot to do with that. The powers that be would like nothing more than to make our votes feel useless. I for one will never give them that power no matter how broken it seems.

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:18 am

When Clinton was president, muslims burned him in effigy. Now Bush is president.... and muslims burn him in effigy. It's really no different. We were attacked before Bush was president. We were attacked after he took office. On 9/11, people in the muslim world danced in the streets. It was like they just won the World Cup.

That says a lot to me. It says that the hatred has nothing to do with the sitting president and his policies.... because the policies of these two presidents were quite different. No, the hatred is targeted at America. The president is just the face that gets tacked up on the dartboard. He becomes the target.... because he is the one on TV making the speeches. He is the face of America. But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter which president is in control... there are going to be people who just hate us. The president is the convenient scapegoat.

The question is, how to deal with this. I will be proudly voting republican, again. 8)
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)
Korg Zero 8 mixer/soundcard/MIDI

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:27 am

subterFUSE wrote:When Clinton was president, muslims burned him in effigy. Now Bush is president.... and muslims burn him in effigy. It's really no different. We were attacked before Bush was president. We were attacked after he took office. On 9/11, people in the muslim world danced in the streets. It was like they just won the World Cup.

That says a lot to me. It says that the hatred has nothing to do with the sitting president and his policies.... because the policies of these two presidents were quite different. No, the hatred is targeted at America. The president is just the face that gets tacked up on the dartboard. He becomes the target.... because he is the one on TV making the speeches. He is the face of America. But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter which president is in control... there are going to be people who just hate us. The president is the convenient scapegoat.

The question is, how to deal with this. I will be proudly voting republican, again. 8)
Knowing what you know now, and if it were possible for a third term, would you vote for bush for a third round?

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:32 am

knotkranky wrote:
subterFUSE wrote:When Clinton was president, muslims burned him in effigy. Now Bush is president.... and muslims burn him in effigy. It's really no different. We were attacked before Bush was president. We were attacked after he took office. On 9/11, people in the muslim world danced in the streets. It was like they just won the World Cup.

Knowing what you know now, and if it were possible for a third term, would you vote for bush for a third round?

We have covered this ground before.

If we had to vote tomorrow for President... I would vote for Bush over Kerry, Edwards, Howard Dean, Wesley Clark or any of the other major players from the last campaign. ABSOLUTELY.
M-Tech D900T laptop, 17" WSXGA+ wide-screen, Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz HT (600 series) 2 MB cache, 2048 RAM (Dual Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz), Dual hard drives: 80 gig x 2 = 160 gig SATA 5400 rpm (RAID 0 config)
Korg Zero 8 mixer/soundcard/MIDI

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:37 am

My bad, let me be more clear. Who was your favorite gop candidate in the past prez primary and who is you fav gop pick in 08' or if it was possible to vote in bush.....? I'm not looking to debate it.

ultrasource

Post by ultrasource » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:39 am

i'm voting for whoever is gayest.
HP L2000 | Live 5 + Operator | MOTU 828mkII | other stuff

knotkranky

Post by knotkranky » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:40 am

ultrasource wrote:i'm voting for whoever is gayest.
Your best chance was Foley. Sorry :cry: