New user account, no automapping Remote SL (on Mac OS X)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
JJupiter

New user account, no automapping Remote SL (on Mac OS X)

Post by JJupiter » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:12 am

Hi Gang,

Does any of you Remote SL owners know this problem?

On my primary user account (on Mac OS X), everything goes fine Ableton v6 Remote SL & automapping.

But I created a new user account (for musical purposes, no distraction), and (after authorizing all components). When I log into this new account, and start Ableton, the Remote SL screen does NOT go to the Ableton Automap (template 40). Further more, it does NOT receive any MIDI notes from the keyboard, and I'm NOT able to select a effect (and get the little hand symbol). When I check with a MIDI Monitoring tool, I can see NO MIDI coming in at all.

For the record, I do see the Remote SL in the Live Preferences, and I have configured it as Input port 2 and Output port 1. (And this works fine on my primary user account).

I wonder what could be going on here. Do any of you (Remote SL owners) see something similar?

I did e-mail novationmusic about this (week ago), but no response so far.

Anyone?

Cheers,
JJupiter

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:10 pm

wow, that doesn't sound good.

I don't know anything about your specific problem, but i will say that i avoid having a multiple user account at all costs. I had to deal with multi account macs at my old job at a school, and it was a royal pain in the ass. Lot's of crazy problems coming up with all different apps and documents. not good.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

nodisko

Post by nodisko » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:15 pm

Any news on this? I got the same problem going on....

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:26 pm

I have a 25 SL and it works perfectly with live. But i dont have multiple accounts on my mac so I wouldnt know what to suggest.

Like leisuremuffin says, probably avoiding multiple accounts is the best choice right now.

Oh and yes best have some patience when it comes to waiting for a reply from Novation. From firsthand experience i can tell you they can be pretty slow to respond.

They took over a week to answer a simple V-Station question I had, and when they finally replied, I'd already figured out on my own what was wrong.

nodisko

Post by nodisko » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:48 am

bleh. it's still not working...