youtube : the most live idm ever

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:35 pm

Tone Deft wrote:john - this ll reminds me of a thread you started about a crowd going nuts when you just applied a live effect for a few seconds. it really does make a huge difference when people perceive that the performer has a direct 'in the moment' connection with the music. I would encourage you to develop those FX during your set to keep that vibe going.
yeah I've been working on this actually, I'm totally down with the concept.

I'm building a little midi controller right now with arcade video game buttons, something I can use live that will be visual and what not. tapping out beats or triggering loops with it.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

peterb

Post by peterb » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:23 am

tricil wrote:here's the results from the battle i was in: http://www.zeroplate.com/laptop
like when The Secret Life (my old band) would "run out of beats" we'd get an unsuspecting audience member to come up and give us beats via beatboxing and we'd sample it into live then run it thru beatrepeats and subatriggas.... lots and lots of fun!

word to live idm regardless
Hey MAAN!
What is subatriggas ? ; some kind of wild triggersystem or just you beeing big?
8)
G4 1,25ghz1Gbram, pbook1.5ghz, 512, pbook867ghz, 512, uc33, oxygen8 keyboard, midiman 2x2, motu828, kaosspad2, Es-1 sampler, octapad 2, Roland spd-s..

tricil

Post by tricil » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:35 am

peterb wrote:
tricil wrote:here's the results from the battle i was in: http://www.zeroplate.com/laptop
like when The Secret Life (my old band) would "run out of beats" we'd get an unsuspecting audience member to come up and give us beats via beatboxing and we'd sample it into live then run it thru beatrepeats and subatriggas.... lots and lots of fun!

word to live idm regardless
Hey MAAN!
What is subatriggas ? ; some kind of wild triggersystem or just you beeing big?
8)
both hahah

release date 2007

.... but seriously, it went over really well when we had the beatboxing going after the guy stepped off the stage and we glitched it up.

good times.
MacBook Pro T7600 / OS X 10.5.7 / Ableton Suite 8.0.2 / Peak Pro XT 6.1.1 / ReMOTE 37SL

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:15 am

So what?

call me when he teams up with a couple other guys and makes some music.

i mean, props, he's got talent, but who fuckin cares about a 5 minute keyboard drum solo?

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

decoder

Post by decoder » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:24 am

OMG DUDE HE TOTALLY USED HIS CHIN TO MOVE THAT FADER HE FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

HE'S LIKE JIMMI FUCKING HENDRIX.

:roll:

rapidix

Post by rapidix » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:49 am

wow...

electronic music has finally met up with jam band shit.

loop a fuckin' beat man. it's called fruity LOOPS, not fruity triggerpad. shi-fuk!

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:02 am

leisuremuffin wrote:So what?

call me when he teams up with a couple other guys and makes some music.

i mean, props, he's got talent, but who fuckin cares about a 5 minute keyboard drum solo?

.lm.
Really? I think it's a great step FORWARD, I'm getting tired of watching guys launch loops, even the slightest real time effect tweak turns the crowd on, let alone a f-ing CHIN tweak.

I hope this shit becomes the new standard, ja know mang? It's enough for me to rip the wireless card out of my laptop and get down to bizness. Very inspiring.

There's a COOL tip in there I learned long ago (but haven't applied). Assign drum notes across a RANGE of keys, not just one key, then you can beat the shit out of your keyboard and focus on rhythm and not hitting one key.

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:15 am

what i'm saying is that it would be great if he was with a few other people. Maybe someone playing a synth or two, or doing textural stuff, or something.

just a spare keyboard drum solo dosen't cut it for me.

frankly, i don't give a shit how somebody does what they're doing, i'm listening to it, not watching it. That said, this guy is obviously tight with the finger style drumming, but why not get someone to play some melodic shit over top of it?

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

forge

Post by forge » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:18 am

franknputer wrote:That was pretty cool, but I wasn't blown away. He never seemed to get a cohesive thing going - some of the beats were cool, but he never built on any of them...and the effects stuff...it was kinda interesting for about a minute, but reminded me of the shit I used to do with a guitar & a digital delay...
yeah I agree

i would have been far more impressed if he could keep a good beat going you could groove to then used the shit he did as fills and incidentals

If I was in the crowd I probably would have left, it must have sounded horrible over the PA up loud

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:31 am

Gyu - does this dude have a myspace or something? Good points, it'd be cool to see him stretch out in a combo.

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:55 am

DeadlyKungFu wrote:There's a COOL tip in there I learned long ago (but haven't applied). Assign drum notes across a RANGE of keys, not just one key, then you can beat the shit out of your keyboard and focus on rhythm and not hitting one key.
You mean you DON'T have no-bum-note-possible solo parts on your keyboard?? silly wabbit! :wink: :lol:

rsagevik

Post by rsagevik » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:05 am

Great when electronic artists actually play live,
but apart from that.. boring

tricil

Post by tricil » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:31 am

DeadlyKungFu wrote:Gyu - does this dude have a myspace or something? Good points, it'd be cool to see him stretch out in a combo.
good question...

...types in myspace.com/headphobe

well i'll be...!

...yes.
MacBook Pro T7600 / OS X 10.5.7 / Ableton Suite 8.0.2 / Peak Pro XT 6.1.1 / ReMOTE 37SL

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:35 am

tricil wrote:
DeadlyKungFu wrote:Gyu - does this dude have a myspace or something? Good points, it'd be cool to see him stretch out in a combo.
good question...

...types in myspace.com/headphobe

well i'll be...!

...yes.
what did you find? yeah I can search but it's time for some guitar playing, not interwebfoolery.

DeadlyKungFu

Post by DeadlyKungFu » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:38 am

Pitch Black wrote:
DeadlyKungFu wrote:There's a COOL tip in there I learned long ago (but haven't applied). Assign drum notes across a RANGE of keys, not just one key, then you can beat the shit out of your keyboard and focus on rhythm and not hitting one key.
You mean you DON'T have no-bum-note-possible solo parts on your keyboard?? silly wabbit! :wink: :lol:
anything sensei can kick down to gasshopper is most appreciated.

putting together my own drum kit is on the list, I've been in a 'twidding about' stage for too long, time to get back to the roots. <guitar, scales, chops, more jamming, less internet, Live as a tool that fits 'somewhere', been too lost in the details>.

holy mother of god Anderson Valley Pinot is a great f-ing wine... 8)