Another Remote SL question (OS2)

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Post Reply
Mag_Music
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:41 pm
Location: South Side of the Sky (VA/NY)

Another Remote SL question (OS2)

Post by Mag_Music » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:42 pm

Has anyone been able to get the Tap Tempo button to do anything?

(Is there a Novation forum anywhere? (None on their web site.))

slzero
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:57 pm

Re: Another Remote SL question (OS2)

Post by slzero » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 am

Mag_Music wrote:Has anyone been able to get the Tap Tempo button to do anything?

(Is there a Novation forum anywhere? (None on their web site.))
Does not work. According to sl documentation, it should have work.
Neither are there any buttons mapped to solo in AutoMap.
Not sure why they have left out so many controls unmapped in the AutoMap template.

Mag_Music
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:41 pm
Location: South Side of the Sky (VA/NY)

Re: Another Remote SL question (OS2)

Post by Mag_Music » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:28 am

slzero wrote:Does not work. According to sl documentation, it should have work.
Neither are there any buttons mapped to solo in AutoMap.
Not sure why they have left out so many controls unmapped in the AutoMap template.
Yes, solo and mute buttons would have been nice. Oh well, some of it works, which seems to be more than Sonar users can say. They're livid over at the Cakewalk forum. Hopefully this will all get worked out over time, but I wish companies would stop releasing--stop announcing--products before they're actually capable of doing what was promised. It's a bore paying to be a beta tester.

glitchrock-buddha
Posts: 4357
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:29 am
Location: The Ableton Live Forum

Re: Another Remote SL question (OS2)

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:35 am

Mag_Music wrote:
slzero wrote:Does not work. According to sl documentation, it should have work.
Neither are there any buttons mapped to solo in AutoMap.
Not sure why they have left out so many controls unmapped in the AutoMap template.
Yes, solo and mute buttons would have been nice. Oh well, some of it works, which seems to be more than Sonar users can say. They're livid over at the Cakewalk forum. Hopefully this will all get worked out over time, but I wish companies would stop releasing--stop announcing--products before they're actually capable of doing what was promised. It's a bore paying to be a beta tester.
You don't need mute when you have the track on/off, it's the same thing. One button mutes it.
As for the solo, I prefer having the record buttons there myself, but it would be nice if pressing the side buttons toggled the record buttons to solo buttons. or something like that. However, it's pretty easy to assign solos to he rest of the 16 buttons on the automap template. or the 32 buttons on any other template.

cheers,

grb
Professional Shark Jumper.

aqua_tek
Posts: 2569
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:48 pm
Contact:

Post by aqua_tek » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:48 am

you know, i kind of agree that the ableton automap isnt the greatest.

oh well at least editing templates is pretty easy

Post Reply